Motivational stories for HSC 2010 (2 Viewers)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I may not have gotten an ATAR in the high 90's, but I'm still proud of what I achieved.

I came out of english paper 1 crying because I did so bad in every section, I went into paper 2 with the "fuck this, I just want it over" attitude, and I ended up getting 92 as my overall english HSC mark

Just before biology (the worst one) I had a major relationship breakdown with my long term boyfriend (cliche, I know), and I ended up leaving the exam before anyone else because I really couldn't take it anymore. Ended up with an ATAR of 84.59.

It's not all about 'one mistake and your dead' - on the contrary, make a few, learn from them, and don't freak out about them! There are plenty of people doing worse than you, you just have to stay focused.
How the fuck did you get that? ATAR comes in increments of 0.05.

K

Kozak92

Transfers - Bored of Studies

That whole forum is motivation imo. So many people received ATARs lower then what they needed and had to enroll at UWS, ACU, ND and now they are at USYD, UNSW, UTS. Its amazing.

Obviously some people may not find it fair but everyone deserves a second chance.

waryap

HSC
I don't know what's worse, what he posted or the fact that before Naruto was even mentioned I knew what he was talking about >.<.
GAI SENSEI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *big buldging eyes, runny nose*

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
I have no idea what you are on about....I haven't seen Naruto for about 3 years...

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
we were told by the english department that we all sucked ass [my paraphrasing, of course] and that we were the worst cohort that they had ever taught. we ended up coming 10th in the state for advanced english and boosted our school rank from 270s to 140s. it even said in the wenworth courier that this was unexpected as indicative from our sc marks. lolfuckers.

a friend of mine was told that she wasn't good enough to do poetry for her EE2 major work. she ended up getting nominated for the young writers' showcase, and i'm pretty sure she got in. her work's somewhere on this site; i highly recommend it.

i had massive personal problems to the point where i almost threw my life away [the tl;dr version] and thought i'd be really lucky to get a low-80s atar. i got mid-90s and into my first uni preference.

so in the words of winston churchill, "if you're going through hell, keep going." you'll be really surprised with the result.

waryap

HSC
Well, I haven't done HSC yet. But I have a little story to tell...

from yr 7 - 11 I bludged, played games, whatever an adolescent teen does which is unspeakably stupid. I was coming like in the last brackets of all my classes. I believe I never got into the top 10's for any subject. During parent teacher interviews they told my mum that I'll probably be a vagrant for the rest of my life, living off the dole etc etc (I'm exaggerating a little bit of course) But i was in the 100's of my school 50's. My school is ranked pretty well, I think it's 91st this year. But yeah, now I got two top 10's and still aiming to get more done! BOOOOOOYAH ~ I'm not average or below average anymore so I'm pretty proud of myself so far.

Let's just hope this continues!

Slowness

HSC
Thanks for the Motivation responses :D

the BOS websites always makes me feel like studying more (even though i always stuff up and do something else at times).

Congratulations for all those people that got 90+. Now back to studying :eek:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I don't know what's worse, what he posted or the fact that before Naruto was even mentioned I knew what he was talking about >.<.
Ahahaha same here.

Oh and i forgot about something else that happened to me. In my last week of the HSC, i had 3 exams in a row, chemistry on monday, modern on tuesday and then physics on friday. After the modern exam I was dead. Completely over trying to study/cram (keep in mind i didn't study from yr 7-11) and so slept for most of tuesday arvo, ate when i woke up and watched new NCIS + Lie to Me. By that time it was ~10.30 and i was like hmmm perhaps i should try studying a bit.

I somehow got my mojo back and crammed 1 year's worth of content in 4 hours, sleeping at ~2.30 and waking up Wednesday morning to sit the exam. I managed to get a band 6 for physics :D

I don't know if that's motivational though and i certainly do not recommended cramming XD

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Ahahaha same here.

Oh and i forgot about something else that happened to me. In my last week of the HSC, i had 3 exams in a row, chemistry on monday, modern on tuesday and then physics on friday. After the modern exam I was dead. Completely over trying to study/cram (keep in mind i didn't study from yr 7-11) and so slept for most of tuesday arvo, ate when i woke up and watched new NCIS + Lie to Me. By that time it was ~10.30 and i was like hmmm perhaps i should try studying a bit.

I somehow got my mojo back and crammed 1 year's worth of content in 4 hours, sleeping at ~2.30 and waking up Wednesday morning to sit the exam. I managed to get a band 6 for physics :D

I don't know if that's motivational though and i certainly do not recommended cramming XD

Im not sure whether to feel motivated or demoralised..

xdesires

HSC
Thanks for the stories.

*fully motivated*

94.5+ ATARRR, Here I come!!

>=D

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Im not sure whether to feel motivated or demoralised..
LOL. Feel motivated as i was on the brink of not giving a crap at all but managed to pull myself together :)

Basically, never give up no matter how crap you feel. Just take a break to recover and then keep on going!

Last edited:

zaqwerty

HSC
I had an in class assessment for Advanced English which I somehow completely forgot about. Walked into class expecting a normal laid back lesson and the teacher pulls out the exams and tells us we have 30 mins.

What's worse is that in my hysteria I didn't quite absorb the fact that we only had 30 mins and thought we has the whole lesson. When the teacher announced that we had 2 mins left I nearly died.

Ended up writing my answers in dot-point form trying to get as many marks as possible.

I don't remember what I ended up getting for that particular assessment (definitely less than half the marks though), but I ended up coming first in my English class, got a UAI of 97.4 and was Dux of the school.

Basically - don't let one or two assessments let you down as it really is your overall achievements that seem to matter in the end.

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
did a hsc physics prac exam with a broken hand. the teacher messed with me and told me i failed. i was going to apply for special consideration. but in fact came first when the teacher told me later. absolutely stoked. In the end i came first for all three sciences. I once averaged 50% in year 11.

you should believe in yourself, you can do anything if you put ur mind to it.

enjoy what you learn. believe me what you learn at school is only a drop in the ocean. enjoy it while it lasts. next thing you know you'll be going through 4000 pages of textbook material every 10 weeks.

Last edited:

elv09

HSC
One of my friends from my school, was absolutely gutted when he was awarded 0 for an exam in which he supposedly "cheated".

His rank at the half yearlies for this particular subject was below his usual best (he came 2nd in the Preliminary Course). Demoralised and
outraged, he still worked through most of his subjects unfazed, more determined than ever to kick arse in the HSC.

In the end after appealing for about three whole terms, and doing "special favours" for the Administration, he was eventually awarded his rightful mark in the assessment, and ended up coming 5th in the subject, coming 1st in the HSC external exam... overall atar 99.65.

Last edited:

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
I just found out it sort of doesn't matter which uni you go to for medicine. UWS.. here I come!

x_symphonic

HSC
there was this massive debate about not reading the question for english paper 1 and writing the essay with 2 texts instead of 1. i was one of them. omgwtfbbq i really thought i would receive 0 for that section after the exams and probably less than band 4 for eng adv. And bam! out came a band 5 xD

K

khorne

Bear Grylls once gave himself an enema to aborb water drained from faeces...If he can do that, I can do the HSC. nuff said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)