Motivational stories for HSC 2010 (1 Viewer)

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
Was rank 35 for bio at the beginning of year 11 and finished with rank 14. Currently rank 3 and hoping to get rank 1 or 2

bouncing

HSC
amazing thread :)

well in prelim maths 2/3u i was getting 60's... low 70's but with some extra work and better understanding im now getting 90s :D:D:D:D:D!!

so happy

shell.q

HSC
I have only complete half of my hsc so far. I never had an aim for the atar mainly subject aims because i split it up. I was in hospital for a few months this time last year, from bi-polar, that was when I dropped the subjects I am doing this year. I struggled with the health issues throughout the year, I still sat all my exams on time, i refused to use extra time that I was allowed.

I was doing Aborignal studies, community and family studies and stnd english. I wanted 90 in my ab studies more then anything, my mum never believed i would do it I worked my arse off through the year as much as I could without pushing myself over the edge. Not just for the one subject, i aimed for 80 in cafs and 70 in English, but in no ways did i expect these marks after things fell through with meds in august last yr.

When i got my marks back 90 in abs, 82 in cafs and 67 in english, i couldn't of been happier. The hard work does pay off in the end, I'm putting myself through it again this year knowing that i will get into uni and prove my mum wrong.

I just read that doing pathways is a scare tastic...If you were in my shoes with medical professions telling me to leave school and my teachers saying tafe or pathways, my mum doubting i would finish, pathways was the better option to prove these guys wrong and also achieve the one thing i wanted for myself without pushing myself into another hospital bed. I have a mate who is doing it just because he wants to in cases like that yes it is but in some cases it is best split up.

GOOD LUCK GUYS :)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
You're a freakin' trooper, shell.q. Well done. Good luck this year. Prove all the haters wrong.

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
I have only complete half of my hsc so far. I never had an aim for the atar mainly subject aims because i split it up. I was in hospital for a few months this time last year, from bi-polar, that was when I dropped the subjects I am doing this year. I struggled with the health issues throughout the year, I still sat all my exams on time, i refused to use extra time that I was allowed.

I was doing Aborignal studies, community and family studies and stnd english. I wanted 90 in my ab studies more then anything, my mum never believed i would do it I worked my arse off through the year as much as I could without pushing myself over the edge. Not just for the one subject, i aimed for 80 in cafs and 70 in English, but in no ways did i expect these marks after things fell through with meds in august last yr.

When i got my marks back 90 in abs, 82 in cafs and 67 in english, i couldn't of been happier. The hard work does pay off in the end, I'm putting myself through it again this year knowing that i will get into uni and prove my mum wrong.

I just read that doing pathways is a scare tastic...If you were in my shoes with medical professions telling me to leave school and my teachers saying tafe or pathways, my mum doubting i would finish, pathways was the better option to prove these guys wrong and also achieve the one thing i wanted for myself without pushing myself into another hospital bed. I have a mate who is doing it just because he wants to in cases like that yes it is but in some cases it is best split up.

GOOD LUCK GUYS :)
you sir, are a f*cking beast. well done and good luck

Nadiaa

HSC
you all are so inspiring :(
i wish i could do as good as you all.

bored of sc

HSC
- Failed an internal laboratory assessment for Chemistry (40%). This made me lose all motivation for the subject. Eventually got over this hurdle and put in some quality study time (in the latter part of the year). Ended up with a band 5 HSC mark.
- Got really upset by my music1 performance trial marks (considerably below what I expected). We then made our ensembles really tight and well rehearsed, I remember days where I'd stay in the music room for 45 minutes at a time singing and playing piano, trying to improve. Ended up with a band 6 HSC mark.

My motivational experiences are nothing compared to some of the stories in this thread. There are incredibly inspirational people out there!

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Don't sell yourself short, champ. Band 6 in Music (or a Band 2 in music) is about 1000x better than what I can do with musical instruments, let alone singing. I hope I'll have some sort of motivational yarn to spin this time next year.

sak789

HSC
first of all, i have never been particularly academically gifted, never won an academic prize. i was always above average, but i was in special education classes during junior school and struggled through middle school.

i failed maths and science or barely passed. in year 11 i was below average in many of my subjects.

during year 12 i worked hard throughout the year and started to creep up in ranks. when i got to the actual hsc, i actually came first in some subjects.

i am just about to start a law degree at sydney uni.

moral of the story is, believe in yourself. you can do this.
dont listen to the haters. there will always be someone bigger and better, someone with something negative to say. but only you know what is inside of you, only you know what you are capable of, which is anything.
just keep going, dont give up.
may i just say i freaking love you
this is my exact position in life atm and you have no idea how much stuff like this helps! so thank you :)

stuuieee

HSC
Throughout year 11 and beginning of year 12, I was constantly pressured to drop ext. 1 maths. In every task, I was failing around 30%~40% but this was entirely due to me not studying and leaving it all to the last minute.

Now, that I've got my foot out of my ass, I've got 80% in most tasks, I know this isn't 90% bla bla. but still it is more motivating knowing hard work does really pay off.

Salpal92

HSC
RE:

first of all, i have never been particularly academically gifted, never won an academic prize. i was always above average, but i was in special education classes during junior school and struggled through middle school.

i failed maths and science or barely passed. in year 11 i was below average in many of my subjects.

during year 12 i worked hard throughout the year and started to creep up in ranks. when i got to the actual hsc, i actually came first in some subjects.

i am just about to start a law degree at sydney uni.

moral of the story is, believe in yourself. you can do this.
dont listen to the haters. there will always be someone bigger and better, someone with something negative to say. but only you know what is inside of you, only you know what you are capable of, which is anything.
just keep going, dont give up.

omg fuck! I can totally relate here. I love you!!
This thread is awesome! I have a new best friend

x-Manda-x

HSC
Truly inspirational and motivational. Thank you for this awesome thread.

Nadiaa

HSC
im half way thru year 12 and im doing crap- i wish i read these earlier. :(
is it too late..?

gesh17

HSC
N/A
Well I don't know if this is motivational or not but here goes.

I originally went to a private catholic school but didn't really like the whole "sit down, stand up, now sing" assemblies. Transferred to a government school. In the interview for what class I would be placed in, the deputy suggested that I probably "wouldn't fit into" the top classes and might need special English classes purely due to my ethnicity. Anyway, five years later I'm in Year 12 and topping all my subjects, albeit at a small school. Although the deputy left our school a few years ago, I was talking to my Ext. 2 Eng teacher about an assessment one day when the deputy happened to pop in for a visit. He didn't recognise who I was until my teacher told him who I was before adding "he's our star English student."

Yeah, that was a pretty good feeling. :haha:

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
I failed my 3U exam, crammed HSC past papers a few days before the exam, and ended up with a 90+ ATAR.

Meh.

Oh, I also went to a low ranked school (didn't make it into top 200 for HSC 2009). So for all the people who go to lower ranked schools (even higher ranked), don't lose hope. You've still got a long journey ahead of you...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)