3. Kill Bill/The Godfather Part 1
5. Forrest Gump
6. In the Mood for Love
7. Casablanca
8. It's a Wonderful Life
9. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
10. American Beauty

Honourable Mentions in no order...i.e every movie I can think of that I like

West Side Story, Cruel Intentions, A Few Good Men, Mystic River, Goodfellas, Platoon, Ghost World, Fist of Legend, The Deer Hunter, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Schindler's List, Shawshank Redemption, Taxi Driver, It's A Wonderful Life, Wag The Dog, Gattaca, Finding Nemo, Shrek, Toy Story 1+2, A Bug's Life, Antz, Cowboy Bebop The Movie, Sleepy Hollow, Dead Poet's Society, Solaris, Amelie, Infernal Affairs, Election, 10 Things I Hate About You, Good Will Hunting, As Good As It Gets, The Sixth Sense, Interview With the Vampire, Rush Hour, Training Day, Big Fish, Shattered Glass, Master and Commander, American Pie, American Pie 3, Road Trip, Hot Shots 1+2, Major League, Maverick, Kalifornia, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Last Samurai, Jerry Maguire, High Fidelity, Vanilla Sky, Top Gun, Saving Private Ryan, Cast Away, The Green Mile, Apollo 13, A League of Their Own, Everyone Says I Love You, Anger Management, Glengarry Glen Ross, Good Morning Vietnam, Fight Club, Intolerable Cruelty, The Mask of Zorro, Face/Off, Peter Pan (2003), Trois Couleurs Trilogy Being John Malcovich, The Importance of Being Earnest, Delicatessen
, Insomnia, The Others, Theres Something About Mary,City of Lost Children, Meet the Parents, Ferris Buellers Day Off, The Crow, Citizen Kane, Momento, Singin in the Rain, The Bridge On The River Kwai, The Great Escape, The Crimson Rivers, 8 Women,

Originally posted by Thomas_wow
redrum has good taste in movies - two of my three favourites.

french movies are all crap, and no, they're not artistic.

best movie ive seen recently.. watched shawshank redemption other day. i liked it
hahahaha.. all the subtlety of an iron to the face. How many French movies have you actually seen in your lifetime?

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
Originally posted by Lundy
Last good movie I saw was Clue. I've seen it many times but it's still great - a very underrated movie.

oh yeh, i loved that movie...but only saw it show on tv once

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Im watching "Unfaithful" on foxtel again - how Diane Lane lost Best Actress is beyond me :( I love Nicole with my heart and sole...but dear lord.

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
thanks john! next up, which celebrity who is celebrating their birthday tomorrow is really a black man in dusguise?

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Last good movie i saw was the buttefly effect.. not-so-serious acting by ashton kutcher, but mad ass storyline =)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by um..
thanks john! next up, which celebrity who is celebrating their birthday tomorrow is really a black man in dusguise?
Is it winona ryder?

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Lord of the Rings - Should say Return of the King because i bawled my eyes out in that movie. But then I cried in The Fellowship when Boromir died.. and in the Two Towers when Haldir died... and at Theodred's funeral and after when Theoden cries.. Lets just say Lord of the Rings and include all three aye?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by White Rabbit
Lord of the Rings - Should say Return of the King because i bawled my eyes out in that movie. But then I cried in The Fellowship when Boromir died.. and in the Two Towers when Haldir died... and at Theodred's funeral and after when Theoden cries.. Lets just say Lord of the Rings and include all three aye?
I bawled in the third one, especially at Aragorn's crowning. Then when Annie Lennox's song came on during the credits, I had a big sob.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
yeah well, you could have left if you wanted to.

Annie Lennox's song is bloody depressing. I've got the soundtrack and hmm.. yes. Its one of those songs. You know it was originally written for a boy who died from leukemia? But the whole concept of the elves leaving middle earth - like Sam says 'I don't know why, but it makes me sad'

But Howard Shore did wonders with with the soundtrack. And Billy Boyd singing 'Steward of Gondor' with Faramir ridding to Osgiliath. Yes. Was crying. Aragorn's corrination. Elrond, Celeborn and Galadriel, Gandalf and the Hobbits at the Grey Havens. Theoden and Eowyn at Pelennor Fields. Theodens and Aragorns battle speech. Ya know what, pretty much as soon as 'Return of the King' came up, I started. LOL.

I cant wait for the extended Version!! House of Healing! Faramir and Pippin's conversation! The Drinking Game - A drunk elf. Yep, I wanna see that. Everyone reckons Gimli will win, but I dunno, those Mirkwood elves have a soft spot for their wines. And no son of Thranduil wouldn't be able to hold his grog ;)

hmm... anyways.

It was fun, spotting characters from the books thou - Ya saw all the Imladris Elves - Glorfindel, Erestor, Elladan, Elrohir... LOL. And Figwit - LOL! dont care if he wasnt in the book, he was a cool elf!

Was funny though, that Glorfindel was seen leaving for the Grey Havens with Arwen, and then seen later at Aragorns corrination. But was also suppose to be Orophin. ;) And Gildor was in Mirkwood dress at the Council of Elrond, but Rivendell at Aragorns corrination.. LOL. Just felt a need to point that out ;) seen it, maybe a few too many times aye ;)

Last edited:

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by White Rabbit
yeah well, you could have left if you wanted to.
Yes, I was going to leave my six year old sister in a cinema on her own for 2 hours. That's pure fucking genius. Don't ever have kids.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
taking a six year old to a lotr movie. pure fucking genius. :p

I've seen younger though. When I saw it in the u.s, I had this 4 yr old jumping on and banging around in the seat next to me. Then when I saw it back here, someone brought two 2/3 yr olds to it, who were running around the cinema yelling and carrying on, and the parents did nothing.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Haha, my sister wanted to see it. She actually fell asleep I think, but still, she wouldn'tve left if I'd woken her up. She's pretty good in movies, though, I wouldn't take her if she wasn't.

mejam

it was a great movie. it just killed me that i needed to pee so badly.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I really really liked rotk, I liked fotr, but I was bored to tears in ttt. I took my then 10 yr old sister to see it, and she was squirming in her seat the whole time.

Brad

Originally posted by crazyhomoquote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Lundy
I was bored to tears in ttt.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)