MQ General chatter thread (1 Viewer)

Kiim2507

HSC
Re: Semester 2 Timetable

Just out of interest, I'm doing a B Media and really don't like one of my electives. I don't want to replace it though. Is just dropping it and doing 3 subjects (I did 4 last semester) advisable? I'm in my first year so I'm not sure whether I'd be kicking myself for those credit points later. It wouldn't make my degree longer, would it?

I know it's a stupid question to some but I'm just not sure whether to stick it out or ease the workload now.

The reason I'm asking here is that I realised if I removed this unit I hate, then my Tuesdays would start at 11am and end at 5pm instead of starting at 10am and ending at 6pm :p
haha you're the same as me.
I'm doing a b media too. I was enrolled in 4 units at the begining of the year for second semester but one of them was a 200level marketing and i really didn't like marketing last semester. I read through the unit outline and it sounded like an absolutely terrible subject so I dropped it. I looked at other possible units to take but the ones that did sound interesting either clashed with my timetable, were full or weren't offered in the second semester.

I'm only doing 3 subjects this semester. I will either do one in the summer or do 5 subjects in another semester (eeek).

I definitely think you should drop this horrible subject because if you don't like it already chances are you won't try and thus fail which will be a waste of time and money.

The worst thing that can happen is it'll take you longer to finish your degree by a semester.

angeles99

HSC

As for the times, its a Tuesday. What else would you be doing?!?!?
Well, I commute 6-8 hours a day for uni so to get home before the family has had dinner or to leave after sunrise would be nice :D

angeles99

HSC

haha you're the same as me.
I'm doing a b media too. I was enrolled in 4 units at the begining of the year for second semester but one of them was a 200level marketing and i really didn't like marketing last semester. I read through the unit outline and it sounded like an absolutely terrible subject so I dropped it. I looked at other possible units to take but the ones that did sound interesting either clashed with my timetable, were full or weren't offered in the second semester.

I'm only doing 3 subjects this semester. I will either do one in the summer or do 5 subjects in another semester (eeek).

I definitely think you should drop this horrible subject because if you don't like it already chances are you won't try and thus fail which will be a waste of time and money.

The worst thing that can happen is it'll take you longer to finish your degree by a semester.
I'm absolutely the same! I have gone through all the units at 100 level thoroughly and the only ones I like clashed with subjects I want to keep.

I was just wondering though, wouldn't the fact that 200 level units and above are 4 credit points mean that, even with a unit dropped, you wouldn't have to go back and do a unit if you do 12 credit points for all the rest of the semesters? I'm probably completely wrong though!

And another semester isn't so bad. In fact, it's kind of appealling to me to ease the workload. I guess we only get to be undergrads once!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

I think from next year most units will be 3cp rather than 4...keep that in mind.

*hopeful*

HSC

Crap! Not looking forward to next year - 8am!!
dont stress accg253 also had 5-7pm lecture option as well so you do get to choose :)

asy, i know :( i feel like the oldest person around some times!

The wrong side of the tracks...literally.
HSC

I'm doing 3 units now, I'm a wacky kid that way, anyway I plan on changing my degree to a straight out BA rather than a BADipEd and then do a post graduate teachery thing and build on my BA. I want to keep them seperate...no idea why, just do. But will me only doing 9cp hinder my ability to do this. OH! And if anyone doing AHST101 could PM me STAT I'd be forever greatful - I need a straight answer on something.

HSC
I didn't go to the 101. I only just got a spot in the class at 4 this afternoon. Apaprently it's "inactive" on the blackboard so I'm essentially very screwed for my tutorial tomorrow at 3. Are the lectures on this week? I asked the convenor or whatever but I either couldn't get a straight answer or an answer at all. I was running around for 4 hours on my day off trying to make some headway.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I didn't go to the 101. I only just got a spot in the class at 4 this afternoon. Apaprently it's "inactive" on the blackboard so I'm essentially very screwed for my tutorial tomorrow at 3. Are the lectures on this week? I asked the convenor or whatever but I either couldn't get a straight answer or an answer at all. I was running around for 4 hours on my day off trying to make some headway.
yeah, the lectures are on this week, tutes aren't on till next week. Check your student e-mail, theres some really good info that was sent to all the myth students this morning, at least i think it was sent to everyone, it could just be my tute...
anyhoo, here it is if you didn't get the e-mail

HSC
yeah, the lectures are on this week, tutes aren't on till next week. Check your student e-mail, theres some really good info that was sent to all the myth students this morning, at least i think it was sent to everyone, it could just be my tute...
anyhoo, here it is if you didn't get the e-mail
Thanks so much! I didn't get that email...oy vey. How'd the lecture go? I reaaally wanted to go.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
There are definitely no tutes this week, they start week 2. The lecture was pretty good, its a really large class this semester.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I haven't talked to anyone yet. I've been more nervous than usual. It'll make my free hours quite lonesome.
Just try talking to some people in/outside your lectures and tutes, most people are pretty friendly. Do you have a 102 lecture at 11am tomorrow? We could meet up if you'd like.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
same, well maybe strike up a conversation with people milling around outside beforehand.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
These will probably be more helpful to you than those other things, these were given out today so its pretty important that you have them. The tute guide contains the tute paper questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)