MQ General chatter thread (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

yeah, the lectures are on this week, tutes aren't on till next week. Check your student e-mail, theres some really good info that was sent to all the myth students this morning, at least i think it was sent to everyone, it could just be my tute...
anyhoo, here it is if you didn't get the e-mail
Does that make Beverley your tutor?

Raven6666

HSC
So, anyone here doing INFO111?
(Also, did anyone here also have to repeat a unit or two?)

Last edited:

Snooty

HSC
I'm doing INFO111. Looks like its going to be fun. Get to play CoD4 and Bioshock during the pracs next week :)

Kiim2507

HSC
Re: Semester 2 Timetable

I'm absolutely the same! I have gone through all the units at 100 level thoroughly and the only ones I like clashed with subjects I want to keep.

I was just wondering though, wouldn't the fact that 200 level units and above are 4 credit points mean that, even with a unit dropped, you wouldn't have to go back and do a unit if you do 12 credit points for all the rest of the semesters? I'm probably completely wrong though!

And another semester isn't so bad. In fact, it's kind of appealling to me to ease the workload. I guess we only get to be undergrads once!
I'm not 100% sure tbh. I don't know if the 4cp is taken into account thus you only have to do 3 or if they still expect you to take 4 subjects :uhoh:

Yeah my mum was completely freaking out that I'm onlt doing 3 subjects but it seems so much easier...plus I'd rather stay at uni for an extra semester doing a subject I like rather then taking one I hate.

xsavagex

HSC

Where on earth do you live? Thats a reallly long commute, I'd never go if i had to go that far.

kevinant

HSC

haha, actually his timetable is out of sync with the recommended program -accg253 is a first semester subject and an econ201 lecture is normally at 9am mondays (unless i'm mistaken)
Yeah this is a bit out of order.....Since I'm double with computing, the recommend program said that I should do ACCG253 in 4th year and do COMP226 this semester, but since COMP226 is an elective and ACCG253 is compulsory, and I'm not sure what kind of elective I'm going to do, so I thought I'd complete all my part I exemptions before 3rd year finishes.

ECON201 lecture is 1pm Wednesday now (the other stream being 7pm Monday and I'm pretty sure not many people wants that).

Crap! Not looking forward to next year - 8am!!
Well don't worry if you aren't double with either law or computing, then you'll do ACCG253 in the 1st semester, there are like 5 streams for ACCG253 in 1st semester as everyone are doing it and you'll sure be find a suitable time.
You only need to do 3 subjects in 2nd year 2nd semester if you are double with finance. If you do keep your straight HD by the end of semester 1 2nd year then you can probably also take ACST305 (Prereq being ACST200 and STAT272) as well to reduce the work load in the future (some friend wanted me to do that but I already had 4 subjects and 5 subjects are too much for me.)

rusty91

HSC
Are there any 1st yr enviro science students or are they only just geology students ??? It cant find anyone else who does it lol.
Also is it fair who goes to uni 5 days a week who lives very far away. Its killin me totally.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Are there any 1st yr enviro science students or are they only just geology students ??? It cant find anyone else who does it lol.
Also is it fair who goes to uni 5 days a week who lives very far away. Its killin me totally.
hey, do you take geology units? I was thinking of dipping into it so i can take paleontology later. If you do, what are the units like? Particularly GEO115 and GEO112?

angeles99

HSC

I commute because Mac has the best practical Media course. I don't actually mind the travel most of the time because it will get a heck of a lot easier when I eventually get my licence, which I always keep in mind. Time flies when you're dozing too :p It can take so much time due to a late train causing me to miss another train and then...yeah lol. But now it's more like 5 hours a day with class times and such.

I'm from the Blue Mountains. But really, Mac's worth the trip.

And I didn't know that most subjects would be moving to 3 credit points at 200+ levels next year. I don't care though as I'm liking the idea of making my degree longer but enjoying the degree more due to less stress :D

angeles99

HSC

Yeah my mum was completely freaking out that I'm onlt doing 3 subjects but it seems so much easier...plus I'd rather stay at uni for an extra semester doing a subject I like rather then taking one I hate.
I completely agree! I'd rather save the credit points for later when I can use them on subjects I'd enjoy rather than just to fill up more in first year. I'm hoping I've got it right that as long as I do at least 9 credit points a semester, I can stretch it out this way.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

If you ever need to finish things off, doing 5 subjects isn't all that difficult in the media strands anyway, plus the fact they opened most of the production units up to each other means there is quite a lot of choice as you're free to dabble, so I don't think its entirely a bad thing to extend it a bit :)

Also props to commuting from the Blue Mountains! What're you planning to major in Media?

Odyssey2001

HSC
hey, do you take geology units? I was thinking of dipping into it so i can take paleontology later. If you do, what are the units like? Particularly GEO115 and GEO112?
If you're thinking of doing a paleontology course then I'd recommend for obvious reasons GEOS235: Palaeontology, I did it last year and I enoyed it and its not very hard either. The best part is a day excursion up to the Hunter Valley to collect your own fossils I had a great time, the lecturer James I thought was great to. I think for this you just need a pass in GEOS112.

I did GEOS112 as well last year all I can say is that its a pretty basic unit about aspects of the planet Earth like the plates, oceans etc: again not very hard.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
If you're thinking of doing a paleontology course then I'd recommend for obvious reasons GEOS235: Palaeontology, I did it last year and I enoyed it and its not very hard either. The best part is a day excursion up to the Hunter Valley to collect your own fossils I had a great time, the lecturer James I thought was great to. I think for this you just need a pass in GEOS112.

I did GEOS112 as well last year all I can say is that its a pretty basic unit about aspects of the planet Earth like the plates, oceans etc: again not very hard.

Awesome, I'd heard good things from this course, I'd hoped it would be fun. something to look forwards to in the future.

old.skool.kid

HSC
I hope Macca isn't the hot chick i was sitting next to in mus102. Has anyone done this subject? The lecturer is..... interesting lol.

Roguey

HSC
So, anyone here doing INFO111?
(Also, did anyone here also have to repeat a unit or two?)
+1
The lecturers seem awesome, the content is awesome, and it was so worth dropping math136 to do this semester. :]

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Re: MQ General chatter and timetables thread

hm, had my first ahst101 tute today... my tutor wasn't very friendly =S I hope she was just having a bad day.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
+1
The lecturers seem awesome, the content is awesome, and it was so worth dropping math136 to do this semester. :]
A course on video games could it get any better?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)