MQ Roll Call 2015 (1 Viewer)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

suika

HSC
Yeah but TrentUnicorn is saying they can't get into anything fun sounding such as UBAR
Oh my bad, I misread lol.

On the other hand I'm probably not going to the welcoming party :p

TrentsUnicorn

HSC

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
When are you turning 18?
I could swear I already answered this :confused: maybe uni has done my head in before I've even started....

But it's in three months, so I guess I save money and all but it still sucks

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Nah I'm a part time student; when applying for OPAL the uni will send info to the dept. of transport whether or not you fit the eligibility criteria.

It will suck for any cadets/working students doing two subs.
The trick is to enrol for 3 subs(considered "full-time"), get your concession sticker and then drop the subject during the first weeks, they send you emails like you have to withdraw it back blah blah, but just ignore them and keep using the sticker.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
The trick is to enrol for 3 subs(considered "full-time"), get your concession sticker and then drop the subject during the first weeks, they send you emails like you have to withdraw it back blah blah, but just ignore them and keep using the sticker.
They don't issue stickers anymore because of the opal card - the department of transport has access to your eligibility information, hence any student considered part-time attending a university which has moved to the opal card will not be eligible (or be able to do what you suggested); at least this is my experience at Macquarie Uni.

If anyone has information to the contrary, then feel free to refute.

Edit - it might be ok for students on HECS - but my fees are due upfront so I can't do that.

Last edited:

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
I dont think the enrol in FT and then withdtawl will work with opal as it's electronic. Come session 2 when they see your PT surely they can just cancel your card.

Main reason i haven't tried it this year :p

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
I dont think the enrol in FT and then withdtawl will work with opal as it's electronic. Come session 2 when they see your PT surely they can just cancel your card.

Main reason i haven't tried it this year :p
I'm just going to wait until I'm considered full-time (next sem) to get concession. My mum said she'll subsidise the extra cost for me, so I'm ok for now hahaha. I'm going to miss for the up coming couple of months having concession. *sigh* haha

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm just going to wait until I'm considered full-time (next sem) to get concession. My mum said she'll subsidise the extra cost for me, so I'm ok for now hahaha. I'm going to miss for the up coming couple of months having concession. *sigh* haha
I'm hopefully going full time next semester also. Looking foward to getting concession for the first time in 3 and a half years. I'm sick of arguing with the drivers when they try and sell me a concession on the way to uni. No mate, I don't have a ticket.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
I'm hopefully going full time next semester also. Looking foward to getting concession for the first time in 3 and a half years. I'm sick of arguing with the drivers when they try and sell me a concession on the way to uni. No mate, I don't have a ticket.
I've managed to psych myself out about uni, lol.

How much longer do you have left of uni? I'm stressing out because my course is so long [emoji17]

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
I've managed to psych myself out about uni, lol.

How much longer do you have left of uni? I'm stressing out because my course is so long [emoji17]
If I stay part time, 3 years. If I do full time (from semester 2) I only have 1.5 years. Last year basically was a wasted year for me which sucks. If I hadnt have been working it would have been worse.

This is NY 4th year at uni so I feel like I've gone nowhere. Thastsd the worst feeling of all. ;(

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Nah I'm a part time student; when applying for OPAL the uni will send info to the dept. of transport whether or not you fit the eligibility criteria.

It will suck for any cadets/working students doing two subs.
Next semester you can get the transport sticker. If you claim you may be travelling out of opal zones and stuff.

torky

HSC
Hello every body here.
I have an accept from maquarie to complete master in electronic engineering .
I would to know what about this major in MQ is it hard i want to communicate with students in same major HOw i can.

Thanks
OH sorry how i can find the answer on my questions i am new in the chat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)