• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Muhammad Cartoon Controversy (1 Viewer)

Optophobia

HSC
Re: Jihad Against Danish Newspaper

I think its obvious that its them trying to poke fun at Muslims. The test, is to see whether they will get away with it. If they don't, then they will feel threatened that their freedoms are being taken away.

tempco

HSC

I wonder what type of reaction a racist cartoon towards African-Americans would cause?

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC

You do not have a proper definition of "vilification". It is not vilifying Muslims by insulting their prophet, that would be comparable to "vilifying" queers by insulting Cher.

Muhammed is dead (or at least not around physically) and even so it would be difficult to prove of his existance without books biased towards him such as the Koran and hadith, etc.

Vilification is only applicable if 1. the person is alive and 2. If you insult the person directly, in this case it was not Muslims just their prophet.

Many Western leaders are protecting the Muslim view, in order so they do not lose millions over exports to Muslim countries. In a wider view, it confuses and shocks me how people will devote their lives to this garbage just to believe they will have it easier in another life.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A

Simpson Freak said:
or to put it another way, a dannish cartoon effectively labels every muslim as a terrorist, and they are then shocked to see them act like terrorists
its called exaguration. thats what cartoons do, they exagurate. Considering theres many millions of muslim terrorists, that exaguration makes sence.

banco55

HSC

tempco said:
I wonder what type of reaction a racist cartoon towards African-Americans would cause?
If it were Australia's daily telegraph I'm sure the african americans would burn our embassy to the ground, attack random australian citizens, call for the australian government to ban the newspaper, send death/bomb threats to the newspaper offices and ask that the American ambassador be recalled.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A

tempco said:
watch dave chappelle. he makes fun of whites and blacks. he is the most popular comedian on the tv.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC

IB6-UB9 said:
I think its obvious that its them trying to poke fun at Muslims. The test, is to see whether they will get away with it. If they don't, then they will feel threatened that their freedoms are being taken away.
Yes, but what makes it any different by "poking fun" at Christians which has been happening for years (ie Mardi Gras) without the violent demonstrations and embassy torchings.

It is just been recently that so many do-gooders are trying to put a bandage effect to "restore calm" on the real issues that surround Islam and its attitudes towards life in countries that religious law rules over. In essence, it points out the problems we may face if Islam continues to spread and take over Western countries.

aaaman

Banned
HSC

davin said:
what protest? its not 'protest' to threaten to blow up a building. its not 'protest' to murder people because they said something critial. Thats barbaric, not civilised.
thats islam

account

HSC

I wonder if the reaction from the Islamic world be so great if it was an Israeli/Jewish paper that first published the comics?

aaaman

Banned
HSC

thats a great idea, i hope american jewish papers are being published

also, Jordan released the photos there and their all muslims :D i hope violence breaks out

banco55

HSC

aaaman said:
thats a great idea, i hope american jewish papers are being published

also, Jordan released the photos there and their all muslims :D i hope violence breaks out
They arrested the editor of the newspaper in jordan that published the pictures.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

When I saw this image I ran to the toilet and sat there in front of it for half an hour because I was sure I was going to throw up. It was taken in France, and as such this character chooses to live there over living in the Middle East. Why? Because of the freedoms offered in France are greater than those in the Middle East. I then ask this:
WHAT LOGICAL FUCKING REASON CAN YOU POSSIBLY HAVE FOR LIVING IN A FREE COUNTRY IF YOU HATE FREEDOM?!
This picture, to me, epitomises everything that's wrong with our world: faceless cowards trying to take away our liberties because they don't like the idea that not everyone shares their beliefs.

I can assure anyone that I am just as upset over this picture as a typical Muslim would have been over the cartoons, this strikes at the very core of my beliefs and is incredibly hurtful, but note how I'm not calling for this person to be jailed, beat up or bombed?

aaaman

Banned
HSC

withoutaface said:

When I saw this image I ran to the toilet and sat there in front of it for half an hour because I was sure I was going to throw up. It was taken in France, and as such this character chooses to live there over living in the Middle East. Why? Because of the freedoms offered in France are greater than those in the Middle East. I then ask this:
WHAT LOGICAL FUCKING REASON CAN YOU POSSIBLY HAVE FOR LIVING IN A FREE COUNTRY IF YOU HATE FREEDOM?!
This picture, to me, epitomises everything that's wrong with our world: faceless cowards trying to take away our liberties because they don't like the idea that not everyone shares their beliefs.

I can assure anyone that I am just as upset over this picture as a typical Muslim would have been over the cartoons, this strikes at the very core of my beliefs and is incredibly hurtful, but note how I'm not calling for this person to be jailed, beat up or bombed?

this is where WMDs are needed

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

Simpson Freak said:
or to put it another way, a dannish cartoon effectively labels every muslim as a terrorist, and they are then shocked to see them act like terrorists
Actually the cartoon had a double meaning, as is common in Danish press, and was debating whether Islam creates terrorists or terrorists just use Islam as an excuse.
Ie one way of looking at it Muhammad is the base, or root, of the bomb, or terrorism, and the other way to look at it is that the bomb is just latching onto Muhammad.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A

withoutaface said:

man i think you summed it up. They wanna live in a free country and then try to force islamic laws onto it.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

i beleive this image reflects the seriusness of the situation

http://web.israelinsider.com/Articles/Diplomacy/7730.htm

"The trouble threatened to rile sectarian tensions when protesters began stoning St. Maroun Church, one of the city's main Maronite Catholic churches, and property in Ashrafieh, a Christian area. Sectarian tension is a sensitive issue in Lebanon, where Muslims and Christian fought a 15-year civil war that ended in 1990. "

i was on the muslims side before, .....now i see they are fucking pyscho's.
Y would they need to stone a catholic church???

aaaman

Banned
HSC

see what i mean, in their eyes its just muslims and non-muslims. they dont accept equality they accept violence, they are gonna be the cause for the worlds destruction

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)