"Mum, dad... I am gay" (1 Viewer)

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
My parents bluntly asked after i came home from Mardi Gras last year while i was wearing glitter. She said, "Does you wearing glitter mean you're gay?", "Fuck oath".

apchotte

HSC
uh-huh? not the kind of reaction i often found when a mother found her son wearing glitter...
gay ppl wear glitter?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
no. only straight guys wear glitter. it's so masculine to have glistening little silver things on the face.

HSC
i'm straight, but i don't think my parents would give a shit at all. they're generally pretty supportive and awesome.

Skeeta

HSC
stazi said:
no. only straight guys wear glitter. it's so masculine to have glistening little silver things on the face.
only fairies twinkle

Glen Anderson

Captain Affirmative
HSC
fernando said:
lmao. I'm not allowed to walk out at night to put the bins out without someone watching me. =P Oh..did i mention that i'm 17 years old?!?!?!?!?!
bugger. sounds like a friend of mine, has to ask to get the mail (5 metres away from the house in a completly safe neighbourhood)
Have you got ur P's yet cos then you should be able to get a bit more space
Or voice your opinions but in a constructive way as they might not have realised what they are doing. It show that they love you though, my parents are counting down the days till i leave already

contributing to the subject my folk would hardly give a shit but my brother would prob disown me cos he is a extreemist chistian
meh his loss (not that i am)
one of my male friends recently told us (his group) and we were supportive of him. if you are don't be afraid be open FREE LOVE

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Personally, i'd spare no expence. At the very least, vapour-written into the sky... Hunders of neon flashing lights saying "gay" with an arrow pointing at you, idly standing in the front yard... hire out a broadway musical cast who burst into the living room scantily clad singing the message to a fully accompanied orcestra... arrange to bust through the audience of their favourite live t.v program with a billboard... arrange a classy clip to be played at the local cinema which they attend (also applies to radio)... mention it in your suicide note... privatly arrange for it to be engraved onto your tombstone (as your straight parents will evidently outlive you)... make loads of money and have your will stating "all to gays"

This is your chance to really deeply impact someone. Dont be so selfish and cower away from fessing up. I mean, what do we have to scar with? 'Im moving/getting new job/ changing political parties/ switching to a low carb diet?'

IMRU

HSC
umm... how would my parents react... i dunno really no one in my familly is gay that i know of and i continually get that "we love you but its wrong" from my cousins who've i've come out to...so i'm petrified to tell the truth...to tell my parents at all...i have a feeling i'd get kicked out or something. Though i have made it a goal to tell them after i move out of the house which might be in the next two years. till then i'll live in the closet :)

rific

HSC
Haha, "till then I'll live in the closet" - I've heard that said before. If you do end up telling them pre-moving, and it gets out of hand, just don't contemplate running back into the room cheerfully saying 'psyche! so had you going for a minute there!'

Danoz The Great

HSC
I'm too scared to come out to my folks. I might one day, but I have no plans to do so in the near future.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
wow dani i never knew you were bi/lesbian! there you go, thats how much of a gaydar i have.
good luck with coming out to your parents though. that must be tough.

dora_18

HSC
i dont really like the way everyone says they "need to come out" i sure as hell didnt go to my parents one say and say oh btw im straight, why do gay/bi people feel the need to tell others theyre gay?

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
dora_18 said:
i dont really like the way everyone says they "need to come out" i sure as hell didnt go to my parents one say and say oh btw im straight, why do gay/bi people feel the need to tell others theyre gay?
I think I've said this before.

Everyone, every parents assume their kids are straight. until they're being told that is.

you don't have to go to your parents and say "I'm straight" because your parents already know you're straight.

my parents, just like any other parents, assumed I was straight thus I felt the need to let them know I'm gay. I'm sure me turning out gay was never in the plan.

Last edited:

!Solskjaer!

HSC
"You're too young to be making decisions like that."

Yes, I'd even get that response if I was 30.

HSC
N/A
I think I should tell my family I'm gay so that they get of my back about it. They're always accusing me of being a lesbian.

vEJv

HSC
I'd tell my parents that I'm lesbian, but they probably wouldn't believe me.

Yeah, I'm male.

HSC
mum's NOT homophobe but i know that she is somewhat trying to make herself believe that im not gay.
but i am! i cannot help it dammit!
i dig females FULL STOP!

my brother is completely fine with it. :santa:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)