• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Munching through the Reflection (2 Viewers)

Paisley

Banned
Originally posted by euphoria
and yeah.. i meant my journal is 500 pages! sorry bout that freak out... bibliography is 6.... don't stress
I am going to come by your house tomorrow night and kill you for doing that much work... you will pay dearly for this... :p

euphoria

LOL Paisley... that's not a nice thing to say.... it's not my fault i'm a "Conscientious student" as teachers would call it....
but seriously... i haven't been TRYING to make it this long... I've just felt that with all my research and stuff, it needed to be this long. Especially having to give credit to people who have been supporting me through the whole process... so i dunno WHAT you guys have been doing with your journals.... GET A MOVE ON!!!! :)

euphoria

LOL lemonade... i agree completely!!!! Ij ust handed my reflection statement to my teacher and it has so many RED comments all over it... no no no no no!!!!! WHY IS IT SO WRONG????? :(

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by euphoria
LOL lemonade... i agree completely!!!! Ij ust handed my reflection statement to my teacher and it has so many RED comments all over it... no no no no no!!!!! WHY IS IT SO WRONG????? :(
damn that suxx0rz...at least theres still time to change ?

euphoria

there's time.... very little time..... i need hellllllllpppppp!!!!!!
this is soooo not fair... who cares about making this reflection formal... we should be allowed to personally reflect on it... so it actually shows what we DO think and what we DID learn... rather than blabber on CRAP which the markers WANT to hear.... how boring is that goign to be... to have to read the same thing over and over again?!!!!

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
i wish the reflection wasnt so important, and i just can't seem to do it.
i handed a reflection to my teacher last week and it had lots of blue marks all over it (i dont think she has a red pen)
she said at the end - 'to be honest, this needs a lot of work' :( how sad.. i dont think i'll show it to her again actually, or my mw.. she wants me to put this annoying music motif over the top of my stories, and it just wouldnt fit!
ive started my reflection again

euphoria

That's really sad.... some teachers can be so tactless.... :(
i also wish that it wasn't so important... and the worst part is, is that the markers are goign to be completely subjective... it's the pits... i mean, if they could HONESTLY see how much work we've put in... THEN it would be fair!!!!! :)
Bu this way... it sux :(

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Okay.... with the annotated bibliography. look at what it says at the Board of Studies....

It says your journal MAY include an annotated bibliography. It doesn't say must. A gal at my school got 49, I looked at her journal today, no bibliography!!!!

Every time I have read a text that has been useful or helpful for me I have written a whole entry in my diary about how the text has been useful. So I think that's enough, it is pretty much an annotated bibliography, it's just not all together as one thing!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
The Major Work Journal must provide the following information:
a written statement containing a clear statement of intention agreed to by the
student and the teacher/school
reflections pertaining to the development of the Major Work composition.
It may also include:
method of approach
evidence of research and questioning
redrafts with reasons for any changes in direction
examples or indications of stimulus material and reflections upon them in
relation to the development of the major work composition
reflection on the extent to which intentions were achieved
reflections upon the finished product
an annotated bibliography.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
why; why oh why did i write my reflection statement before i finished my MW
eh

Huy

HSC
N/A
I got my report (reflection statement) back today, (funny, because I handed it in this morning, it was marked on the spot - took about 10-15 minutes to read it, mark it, record outcomes, etc).

16/20

Huy

HSC
N/A
The highest (out of 7) was 19/20.

I hate my reflection too, I didn't focus on my purpose and my inspiration and other personally motivated crap.

Hey, 16/20 is good, considering I wrote it at 2am this morning.
HAHAHA! :cool: :D

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
im surprised that your teacher made the due date so late though...

the funny thing is, my stories have a purpose - to change my reader's perspective (oh the pain of aos!) but im not sure if i have a concept.. lol is this my concept? oh i am so confused.. im just talking about language devices atm.. i think i'll do my rs for another 2 hours or something and then just give up...

euphoria

KILL ME NOW!!!!! WHY CAN I NOT WRITE MORE THAN 400 WORDS IN MY RS??????? I'm sooooooooooo stuck... i dunno where to go with it!!!!!!

Huy

HSC
N/A
Summarises the intent of the work and relationship it has with the extensive independent investigation.
Must include an outline of the intended audience for the Major Work and the purpose for which it was composed.
Supports the Major Work explaining the relationships of concept, structure, technical and language features and conventions.
Should explain the development of the concepts during the process of composition making the links clear between independent investigation and the development of the finished product.
Should indicate how the student realised the concepts of the final product.

What resources I used both human and physical
Access and availability of resources
Evaluation of these resources
Which resources were the most significant and why
How the resources impacted on the major work
Processes used to investigate
Evaluation of these processes
How you integrated the investigation into the major work
Significance of the investigation at various times on the development of the major work

Provide a precis of the scope and intent of your Major Work
The areas that required specific independent investigation
An outline of the nature of this investigation
Problems encountered in the investigaiton
Solutions or ways around these problems
Areas of strength
Areas of weakness
The impact of the investigation on the nature of your Major Work
An evaluation of the final outcome

:)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)