Music you HATE (1 Viewer)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Gwen Stefani, emo in general, balh, blah, blah. Same as everyone else.

But I can't stand the likes of Evermore and The Fray because the singers sound like they're in pain. The Herd as well because they're just using shock-politics as a platform to get attention. It's like All Saints doing a cover of Under the Bridge: Anthony Kiedis said it was very surreal to hear someone perform a song that had so much personal meaning for him when to them it was simply a popular and successful song.

I also hate novelty music.
natstar said:
Country/Western
Heh, all my friends from Tamworth say that while the city's population doubles during the Country Music Festival, it's the time most people from the city use for their annual holiday.

spiny norman

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
You know/listen to the The Flying Burrito Brothers?
Weird... and random. They're some folk, country band from aeons past. No-one has heard of them.
Clearly.

Retrovertigo

HSC
N/A
Death Cab for Cutie, Kaiser Chiefs, Black Eyed Peas, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Manowar, DragonForce, The Bravery, The Killers, 50 Cent, Pussy Cat Dolls, The Used and Thursday.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Simple Plan, GC, Green Day, FOB, Missy Higgins, Pussycat dolls.

Those are bands/singers I really cant stand.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Retrovertigo said:
Death Cab for Cutie, Kaiser Chiefs, Black Eyed Peas, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Manowar, DragonForce, The Bravery, The Killers, 50 Cent, Pussy Cat Dolls, The Used and Thursday.
Bold = Fuck off.

The rest = I agree.

Red Hot Chili Peppers = Don't care.

I pretty much hate:
Any kind of pop music where no thought has gone into the music.

Same with rap/hiphop that's just pointless noise.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
50 Cent, The Game, My Chemical Romance, Good Charlotte, any kind of hard-rock, music.

robbie1

HSC
Wolfmother - how can you even call what they produce 'music' ?

As for you Eminem haters - you have no clue what a true artist is. There is a reason why Bono of U2 called him "one of the greatest poets of our time" and why he has sold over 70 million albums.

Last edited:

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Retrovertigo said:
Thursday doesn't fit with all the others.

Last edited:

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
ever since i heard 50 cent and black eyed peas i hate nigger music kekekek

its just pointless noise

not artistic at all i mean what the hell is a 'rock' or 'slangin cain' or something, they just make up words that don't mean anything. i don't understand the culture at all and i have no fucking idea about it so im gonna just diss it acting like i know what im talking about when i really have no fucking clue like the stupid bitch/faggot i am.

songwriters shouldn't write about what goes on in their world. they should write about like um...umm

ISNT THAT THE FUCKING POINT OF WRITING A SONG.

just because it doesnt mean shit to you does not mean it isnt meaningful

ALOT of the lyrics in hip hop songs relate to current or past happenings in the hip hop industry/culture....if you don't understand it, then ok accept that but don't go slandering it, either you want to know what the fuck their on about so you learn about the culture, or you don't and go listen to something else.

and don't give me that whole 'fergalicious' shit because those types of songs are blatant pop only geared to be catchy and sell records...THAT IS NOT R&B OR HIP HOP.

understand music before you talk about it.

and who the fuck said they hate earth, wind and fire. really, they should stop listening to anything alltogether.

Last edited:

iwannarock

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:

its just pointless noise

not artistic at all i mean what the hell is a 'rock' or 'slangin cain' or something, they just make up words that don't mean anything. i don't understand the culture at all and i have no fucking idea about it so im gonna just diss it acting like i know what im talking about when i really have no fucking clue like the stupid bitch/faggot i am.

songwriters shouldn't write about what goes on in their world. they should write about like um...umm

ALOT of the lyrics in hip hop songs relate to current or past happenings in the hip hop industry/culture....if you don't understand it, then ok accept that but don't go slandering it, either you want to know what the fuck their on about so you learn about the culture, or you don't and go listen to something else.

and don't give me that whole 'fergalicious' shit because those types of songs are blatant pop only geared to be catchy and sell records...THAT IS NOT R&B OR HIP HOP.

and who the fuck said they hate earth, wind and fire. really, they should stop listening to anything alltogether.

hip hop is shit man. its not music. its just noise.

jeez go listen to some ronnie james dio.

jump.........Jump..........JUMP!

JUMP ON THE TIGAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

:santa:

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
I wouldn't listen to nigger music if you paid me.
Fixed it.

Biggie was popular, and anyone who didn't listen to him avidly was/is considered to have lived under a rock. Anyway, I don't like nigger music at all; nor do I like niggers.

Earth, Wind & Fire is, like, a precedent for Michael Jackson and that stuff.
Some of his stuff is good, but yeh, same here to a degree.
haha...mainstream rap music sucks balls but other rappers eg. mos def, talib kweli who are intelligent arent your average niggers...they aint say stuff about guns and drugs

by the way RNB is the worst music...i mean the "socalled RNB" of our days eg. ciara, cassie etc. wtf? aretha franklin, luther vandross and marvin gaye are rnb not "ciara"...also i cant stand punk music thats wack

illmatic

NaS
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:

its just pointless noise

you know, sometimes you say something smart, but then other times you say some stupid shit like this stuff lol. i havent beeen here in ageeesssss but whenever i pop in i always catch you repeating the same old diatribe. youre always just labelling the shit that potentially makes hip hop look shit as "not hip hop" but then you hop on that backpacker shit and praise people like kweli etc etc as "true hip hop". what you gotta understand is that you need to accept that hip hop, like EVERY other genre of music has its shit, uncreative and uninspiring artists. you can't just brush off all uninspiring, uncreative hip hop acts as "not hip hop" simply because they make the genre look bad.

and another thing which a lot of people in this thread seem to think is that all music has to be some sort of abstract, meaningful and spiritual shit. does everything have to put you on some sort of plateau of enlightenment? why can't music be an avenue for having fun. how about something to chill out to, to have fun to, to dance to. does it always have to be something philosphical or "meaningful" to be seen as good music? and just because it doesn't fit the frames of "intelligent" why do you brush it off as tripe and bad? to do that is simply ignorant and is really putting music under some sort of shackles and limits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)