Muslim cleric: women incite men's lust with 'satanic dress' (1 Viewer)

Kulazzi

HSC
hipsta_jess said:
So, what, I'd be sinning by having male friends? Thats a load of crap.
Honey, it only applies to those who are Muslims, and yes it is sinful (this has happened to a close friend of mine although it was more than a "friendship" and her family was outraged, you know wearing the headscarf and all but not following the Qu'ran).

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
So how, exactly, would a Muslim gain the interactions required to become a fully functioning member of society?

rumour

HSC
jennylim said:
He also condemned the soap opera Days Of Our Lives, which he said made wives negative towards their husbands, and said "premarital sex is fashionable, that manipulation, deceit, cheating, lying falsehood are all essential ways to get the man or lady of your dreams".
:rolleyes:
It's a soap opera ffs! He surely doesn't believe that everyone is like that!

Kulazzi

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
I'm not sure if that's correct. The strict families that I know (including my own) have the most rebellious children ever.

As well as this, I've head muslim girls talk about how muslim boys can run around, date girls (who usually aren't muslim) and their parents blow it off with a "boys will be boys" kind of attitude. I'm not sure if this is an exaggerated case, but it certainly got some girls very VERY down about their bleak future with these "promisicous" men.... Though I reckon they're a tad pessimistic...
I'm not sure where you're hearing this from but a guy is deifinitely not allowed to date or come into any contact with females (apart from relatives). I think a strict Muslim family will be different because a Muslim family is also influenced by strict cultural values, which, from history, came especially from the Middle East.

ur inner child said:
Why don't they where it during school? Just curious....
well I guess it's because it's a christian school she attends and so has to abide by the you know rules. I'd consider it odd if I'd see a muslim girl wearing a headscarf and attending a christian school, most people will probably say why doesn't she attend a muslim school, after all she's wearing the headscarf. Hope that makes sense

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Kulazzi said:
I'm not sure where you're hearing this from but a guy is deifinitely not allowed to date or come into any contact with females (apart from relatives). I think a strict Muslim family will be different because a Muslim family is also influenced by strict cultural values, which, from history, came especially from the Middle East.
i guess i know too many variations of certain muslim familes... oh well. :)

Kulazzi said:
well I guess it's because it's a christian school she attends and so has to abide by the you know rules. I'd consider it odd if I'd see a muslim girl wearing a headscarf and attending a christian school, most people will probably say why doesn't she attend a muslim school, after all she's wearing the headscarf. Hope that makes sense
I'm not sure if that's an adequate reason NOT to wear a head scarf... just because everyone around you isn't.

But fair enough

Kulazzi

HSC
Asquithian said:
Can you outline the relevance of this rule? What purpose does it serve. What is its aims?

Like what purpose does it serve?
do you mean the headscarf? Just to prevent guys from perving and such.

hipsta_jess said:
So how, exactly, would a Muslim gain the interactions required to become a fully function member of society?
What is your exact definition of fully function member or society?

Kulazzi

HSC
Asquithian said:
What are the purposes of all these rules?

Why is so bad that the eyes of another man manage to lay onto your hair? That a very innocent example.
I'm in no professional position to reply a correct answer to this, but from my point of view it's just to prevent a guy perving at you, looking you up and down. I mean, some guy can look at a girl's hair and say "Wow! I am so taken by that hair!" (you know, like those pantene ads) and then think "The rest of her must be good as well" and proceed to perve, stare whatever.

But you know, beauty and such, the way the hair frames the face may even turn some guys on.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
i don't think too many guys are fixated on the hair when they perve on chicks

Kulazzi

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
I'm sorry Kulazzi if we sound rude....
no worries man. Glad we can have discussion and sort things out, I'd understand some people who are not used to such ideas and think it's absurd (such as hipsta jess) because it's just......absurd to you guys. But you know, this is my point of view, so don't assume that all other Muslims would think the same. Other Muslims on the forum (such as soha, zahid or tangerinespeedo) may say something totally different and opposite to what I just said.

Kulazzi

HSC
Asquithian said:
i was providing a very tame example...

But since it applies to women I cannot see why men should not wear what the muslim women are meant to wear.
Actually they kind of do, I'm sure you've seen some Muslim men wearing a small flat hat on their heads (kind of similar to the Sheikh), just similar to what the Jewish wear (is it Kabbalah? I'm not very sure!)

Looking a girl up and down is perving, checking her out, you know, checking all the good qualities that she has, which is forbidden

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Kulazzi said:
Looking a girl up and down is perving, checking her out, you know, checking all the good qualities that she has, which is forbidden
your sig is a bit of a contradiction

just playing :p

maryk

i'd just like to add my 2 cents.

first of all the way people have been responding in this forum is offensive to muslim women. with comments saying that muslim women are treated badly by the islam religion. the western world believes that women liberlisation came about in the 70s with women declaring themselves as free and able to be educated and vote and the rest of it. however muslim women were the first liberated women in the world. we are inherently liberated with the fundamentals of our religion and the teachings of the quran and prophet muhammad. all this crap that women were liberated just recently is wrong. islam allowed woman long before the so called "women liberalisation" the right to be educated, to choose her husband, the right to vote, the right to own property etc. for people to say that women in islam are treated the worst is nothing further from the truth. muslim women are the ones that are treated with the uttermost respect and dignity as enforced by our religion.

i think that people should not place rape and treatment of women synonymous with religion. a lot of factors come into play other than religion, such as culture, ethnicity, nationality, family circumstances, the media etc however the most important thing that must be remebered is that the individual must own his or her actions and not use religion or anything else as a mask to hide behind.

islam cops a lot of misunderstanding from people who dont know anything about the religion except what they hear on the news and then make misguided comments and judgements.

islam preaches respect of all religions and most definitely forbids rape, murder and all sorts of harm to others. why is it that when a rape occurs, in the newspapers it is reported as "a muslim man raped a woman yesterday". it must be emphasised that he is not a muslim if he commits such a crime. you dont see the media commenting if a christian commited the crime " a christian man raped a woman yesteday" or you dont see anyone comparing hitlers attempt at genocide of the jews to his religious beliefs (christianity!)

my point is just to keep religion out of it as in the day of judgement everyone will be responsible for his or her own actions. you wont be able to say oh she was wearing a mini skirt so she asked for it, and expect to be forgiven.

Kulazzi

HSC
Asquithian said:
ok...now ask yourself WHY IS THIS SO BAD? Why aare you meant to feel ashamed of this behaviour?
I've said before that I'm in no position to provide a professional reply to this. You are meant to feel ashamed because it's just considered a bad thing. It's like you want to have sex with her, know what she's like (I'm just generalising here)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
maryk said:
why is it that when a rape occurs, in the newspapers it is reported as "a muslim man raped a woman yesterday".
really? can't say i've noticed that to be honest....

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
@ Breaking

I think what he is trying to say is that....when someone from another faith commits a crime you simply hear "She was raped" when a person of the islamic faith commits a crime you hear emphasis on islam. E.g: "A muslim man has raped.....".

Kulazzi

HSC
Asquithian said:
You have a brain. Ask yourself WHY? Its not that difficult.

So exactly how does a man in the muslim word determine whether a person of the opp sex is attractive or not without sinning?

What if he is looking at his wife that way?
As I've said before, I'm not a professional who cannot answers all your questions, I'm not a sheikh, maybe you should write a letter emphasising this issue and ask him (any sheikhs) yourself.

He is not to determine whether she is attractive or not, he doesn't have to, a guy can marry an ugly woman but she may have a nice personality. In the case of marriage, a guy usually chooses his own bride (usually family friends/relatives or someone his family knows and think is suitable) and if she agrees then they marry.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Kulazzi said:
I'm not sure where you're hearing this from but a guy is deifinitely not allowed to date or come into any contact with females (apart from relatives).
... sounds way to Southern USA for my liking :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)