• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Muslim cleric: women incite men's lust with 'satanic dress' (1 Viewer)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
That is a fucking joke. EVERYONE has a right to wear what ever the fuck they like without fear of assult or harrasment. This goes for men too, who get raped for 'looking like a fagot'. It's completley stupid thing to even think, but what makes it worse is that this is a major form of organised religion within Sydney - this bloke has influence across the South West and he's preaching that rape is ok. I understand catholism or christanity in general isn't perfect, but I when was the last time a vicar go up in front of his congration and told his parrishiners it was ok to rape? If you truly believe that women of this country are so promiscuous and satanic then you know where the boats are.

Furthermore, the argument about muslim men raping australian women being racist or discriminatory or whatever, I get your point of view. That said, I honeslty don't care. You cop enough harrasment from lebanese men in your life for being an Australian female and in your own fucking country and you'll see were this hatred comes from. The fact it is stated that the rapist was a muslim is because of the general attitude they have for other races. I couldn't walk through Hurstville when I lived there without coping some verbal abuse for being australian, or see 10 lebos harrasing one or two aussie boys. I have mates who have been gang bashed or tormented for being australian. I understand my hatred has gotten to a point were it's no longer rational, but thats what happens. Why the media emphasis when an arab commits a crime? Because theres hundreds of others just like me in Sydney, and we all feel the same, we're all fed up with this crap. Articles like this are directed at people like me because we get worked up over them.

Before I get flamed for this, put yourself in my position. Growing up in the St George area, 10th generation australian, with both parents from the bush, small country towns and properties. You'll find most people from rural areas are very proud of being Australian, my parents were no exception and that was definatly passed onto me. I'm proud of being australian through and through and have some fuckwits who've been in the country a whole 10 minutes treat me as inferior because of that quite frankly shit the hell out of me. I'll fight it no matter what you think of me.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
White Rabbit said:
That is a fucking joke. EVERYONE has a right to wear what ever the fuck they like without fear of assult or harrasment. This goes for men too, who get raped for 'looking like a fagot'. It's completley stupid thing to even think, but what makes it worse is that this is a major form of organised religion within Sydney - this bloke has influence across the South West and he's preaching that rape is ok. I understand catholism or christanity in general isn't perfect, but I when was the last time a vicar go up in front of his congration and told his parrishiners it was ok to rape? If you truly believe that women of this country are so promiscuous and satanic then you know where the boats are.

Furthermore, the argument about muslim men raping australian women being racist or discriminatory or whatever, I get your point of view. That said, I honeslty don't care. You cop enough harrasment from lebanese men in your life for being an Australian female and in your own fucking country and you'll see were this hatred comes from. The fact it is stated that the rapist was a muslim is because of the general attitude they have for other races. I couldn't walk through Hurstville when I lived there without coping some verbal abuse for being australian, or see 10 lebos harrasing one or two aussie boys. I have mates who have been gang bashed or tormented for being australian. I understand my hatred has gotten to a point were it's no longer rational, but thats what happens. Why the media emphasis when an arab commits a crime? Because theres hundreds of others just like me in Sydney, and we all feel the same, we're all fed up with this crap. Articles like this are directed at people like me because we get worked up over them.

Before I get flamed for this, put yourself in my position. Growing up in the St George area, 10th generation australian, with both parents from the bush, small country towns and properties. You'll find most people from rural areas are very proud of being Australian, my parents were no exception and that was definatly passed onto me. I'm proud of being australian through and through and have some fuckwits who've been in the country a whole 10 minutes treat me as inferior because of that quite frankly shit the hell out of me. I'll fight it no matter what you think of me.
Nice... :)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
White Rabbit said:

props to you for saying what most of us are thinking but couldn't be stuffed writing. :uhhuh:

Kulazzi

HSC
White Rabbit said:
Furthermore, the argument about muslim men raping australian women being racist or discriminatory or whatever, I get your point of view. That said, I honeslty don't care. You cop enough harrasment from lebanese men in your life for being an Australian female and in your own fucking country and you'll see were this hatred comes from. The fact it is stated that the rapist was a muslim is because of the general attitude they have for other races.
and what general attitude would that be? Just wondering...

or see 10 lebos harrasing one or two aussie boys. I have mates who have been gang bashed or tormented for being australian.
however not all lebos are Muslims on the other hand I have been harrassed for being a Muslim (or maybe as a lebo/arab since most people tend to think I am one)

that was a nice piece of argument tho

maryk

man you've got it all wrong. islam does not make rape ok. in fact it is completely opposite. islam forbids rape or any other form of harm towards others. everyone will be judged for his or her own actions and you cannot blame others for something that you did.

id also like to add something a little off track, but when you say u will fight for this country and your proud of being australiand that is exactly how the people in palestine and iraq feel. however when they fight for their country they are recognised as terrorists and extremists yet their love for where they came from is as genuine as the love u have for Australia.

spell check

HSC
some cultures are stupid

we should pre-emptively lock up all those men since they obviously can't control themselves, this lecture is proof that they must be a risk to a society where women are allowed to wear whatever they want

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I know this is Australia and we have laws preventing murdering people, but people who say stupid shit like that need to be shot immediately. I think a new law needs to be implemented allowing the killing of stupid people who say dumb shit like that.

At the very least this guy needs to be kicked out of Australia and never allowed back. Better yet kick every muslim male out of the country for good measure.

maryk

i'd just like to add my 2 cents.

first of all the way people have been responding in this forum is offensive to muslim women. with comments saying that muslim women are treated badly by the islam religion. the western world believes that women liberlisation came about in the 70s with women declaring themselves as free and able to be educated and vote and the rest of it. however muslim women were the first liberated women in the world. we are inherently liberated with the fundamentals of our religion and the teachings of the quran and prophet muhammad. all this crap that women were liberated just recently is wrong. islam allowed woman long before the so called "women liberalisation" the right to be educated, to choose her husband, the right to vote, the right to own property etc. for people to say that women in islam are treated the worst is nothing further from the truth. muslim women are the ones that are treated with the uttermost respect and dignity as enforced by our religion.

i think that people should not place rape and treatment of women synonymous with religion. a lot of factors come into play other than religion, such as culture, ethnicity, nationality, family circumstances, the media etc however the most important thing that must be remebered is that the individual must own his or her actions and not use religion or anything else as a mask to hide behind.

islam cops a lot of misunderstanding from people who dont know anything about the religion except what they hear on the news and then make misguided comments and judgements.

islam preaches respect of all religions and most definitely forbids rape, murder and all sorts of harm to others. why is it that when a rape occurs, in the newspapers it is reported as "a muslim man raped a woman yesterday". it must be emphasised that he is not a muslim if he commits such a crime. you dont see the media commenting if a christian commited the crime " a christian man raped a woman yesteday" or you dont see anyone comparing hitlers attempt at genocide of the jews to his religious beliefs (christianity!)

my point is just to keep religion out of it as in the day of judgement everyone will be responsible for his or her own actions. you wont be able to say oh she was wearing a mini skirt so she asked for it, and expect to be forgiven.

maryk

Better yet kick every muslim male out of the country for good measure.[/QUOTE]

whats that supposed to mean??

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
maryk said:
i'd just like to add my 2 cents.

first of all the way people have been responding in this forum is offensive to muslim women. with comments saying that muslim women are treated badly by the islam religion. the western world believes that women liberlisation came about in the 70s with women declaring themselves as free and able to be educated and vote and the rest of it. however muslim women were the first liberated women in the world. we are inherently liberated with the fundamentals of our religion and the teachings of the quran and prophet muhammad. all this crap that women were liberated just recently is wrong. islam allowed woman long before the so called "women liberalisation" the right to be educated, to choose her husband, the right to vote, the right to own property etc. for people to say that women in islam are treated the worst is nothing further from the truth. muslim women are the ones that are treated with the uttermost respect and dignity as enforced by our religion.

i think that people should not place rape and treatment of women synonymous with religion. a lot of factors come into play other than religion, such as culture, ethnicity, nationality, family circumstances, the media etc however the most important thing that must be remebered is that the individual must own his or her actions and not use religion or anything else as a mask to hide behind.

islam cops a lot of misunderstanding from people who dont know anything about the religion except what they hear on the news and then make misguided comments and judgements.

islam preaches respect of all religions and most definitely forbids rape, murder and all sorts of harm to others. why is it that when a rape occurs, in the newspapers it is reported as "a muslim man raped a woman yesterday". it must be emphasised that he is not a muslim if he commits such a crime. you dont see the media commenting if a christian commited the crime " a christian man raped a woman yesteday" or you dont see anyone comparing hitlers attempt at genocide of the jews to his religious beliefs (christianity!)

my point is just to keep religion out of it as in the day of judgement everyone will be responsible for his or her own actions. you wont be able to say oh she was wearing a mini skirt so she asked for it, and expect to be forgiven.
i could swear i've already read that.......

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
GAAAARRRRR
ok i'm a muslim
im female
i have male friends
i don't wear the hijab
yet so many people have praised me on my morals and such

i actually went to that lecture....did not agree with what he said in teh slightest..these lectures are only interpretations of these people and their impostion of their beliefs on others.

*noise of exasperation* MUslim women are not oppressed....I and every single woman in my family and circle of friends are testament to that...we go out, we have male and female friends, we talk openly to people, are educated (many of the girls I know are exceedingly intelligent) and yet still hold on to our religious roots...this man is quuite clearly an extremist..interpreting the Qu'ran, which enocurages moderation, and extending the words to an unhealthy extreme.
Please don't rely on the words of a single man to sum up our religion or the stature of our women.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kulazzi

HSC
maryk said:
Better yet kick every muslim male out of the country for good measure

whats that supposed to mean??
I think he thinks that all muslim males are like that and superior better than women (when in fact they're not)

Last edited:

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
tangerinespeedo said:
For God's sake, MUslim women are not oppressed....I and every single woman in my family and circle of friends are testament to that...we go out, we have male and female friends, we talk openly to people, are educated (many of the girls I know are exceedingly intelligent) and yet still hold on to our religious roots...this man is quuite clearly an extremist..interpreting the Qu'ran, which enocurages moderation, and extending the words to an unhealthy extreme.
Please don't rely on the words of a single man to sum up our religion or the stature of our women.
lol........

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
my bad, i took His name in vain...shall i delete it so you can focus on my point???

WonkaHead22

HSC
what utter bullshit

i bet they dont like skinny-dipping either

get lost its a free country

I will run around naked wherever i want

sugared plum

HSC
religion is, largely speaking, the greatest opponent of women's rights.
many world religions (Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Islam) have naturalised and legitimised women's subordinate status. although this is not to say that they started it, or that all members of this religion in past and today implement this discrimination, religions have effectively entrenched sexual inequalities.

it is interesting that it is invariably muslims who are associated with and vilified for these beliefs.
certainly arguing that clothes provoke/ask for abuse is nonsense. yet other outrageous and discriminatory statements by christians, such as george pell who said women will "never be priests" are not met with such indignance.

i think the thing is, it's not so much that people hate sexism, but that they can't stand muslims.

maryk makes a really good point, and i know many Jewish,christian and other religious women who relish their role under G-d, and see themselves as equal but different.
and who are people who work double-shifts, and on average paid less and abused more, to say muslim women are suffering?
that is the height of cultural arrogance.

ohne

HSC
Asquithian said:
I doubt you will get flamed for that. Hardly anyone thinks in line with the view of women portrayed by this fellow, other than perhaps phanatical.
So you agree with Miranda Divine? :uhhuh:

This must surely be a first.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
sugared plum said:
religion is, largely speaking, the greatest opponent of women's rights.
many world religions (Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Islam) have naturalised and legitimised women's subordinate status. although this is not to say that they started it, or that all members of this religion in past and today implement this discrimination, religions have effectively entrenched sexual inequalities.
actually Islam liberated women, there are many verses in teh Qu'ran stating they are the equals of men, Marriage is encouraged and celibacy for life discouraged as men and women complete each other. Women are to be treated with the utmost care and respect, granted equal rights as men, granted equal share in money, business, inheritance and what have you...i'll try and find the verses if i have time. so many people misunderstand our religion.

jennylim

HSC
just as a comment on the article, rather than the debate - you'd think that this fellow would want to stop muslim men from BEING the "hungry wolves" who devour the sheep, rather than stop women from being the innocent sheep. self-control and all that. i mean i'm sure islam teaches that stuff as well as modest attire!

and about misogynist religions - i don't think they really are, but i think that the people interpreted them as such. christianity is seen to oppress women - and while they do occupy a lower place within the church infrastructure, Jesus' treatment of women was nothing but compassionate, kind and loving. so yeah i think it's just a problem of interpretation with a bit of extremism thrown in...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)