• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Muslim People in Australia (1 Viewer)

googooloo

HSC
Damage Inc. said:
You are showing once again you are a moron. This is what you said:
You are clearly saying here that you were sick of the labels that muslims were getting

Then I said:

And you're still arguing?
No I wasn't. Damn how many times do I have to say this. I know you were calling me one. And I was saying what's with all the labels floating around. First I am called moderate now fantatic. And fanatic is just another label that doesn't need to get out. There are too many already, some I fall into soem I do not. I do not like labels for me or anyone else. I know you call me fanatic, and I do not liek it cause it is not true, it is simple old religious passion and for sticking up for beliefs--My belief.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
I believe that as long as you practise your religion outside of school, university, work etc. Then it shouldn't be a problem if it does not harm other people. People are people, we are all different, it's when you start enforcing it upon other people, making it obvious that it becomes a problem. A friend a university I just realised is Muslim cause he's going through Ramadan, does it change anything? No, cause he's still the person he was before. I say as long as you keep your religion to yourself and don't blatantly show it off it shouldn't be a problem.

googooloo

HSC
transcendent said:
I believe that as long as you practise your religion outside of school, university, work etc. Then it shouldn't be a problem if it does not harm other people. People are people, we are all different, it's when you start enforcing it upon other people, making it obvious that it becomes a problem. A friend a university I just realised is Muslim cause he's going through Ramadan, does it change anything? No, cause he's still the person he was before. I say as long as you keep your religion to yourself and don't blatantly show it off it shouldn't be a problem.
Does wearing Hijab count as "blatantly show it off", cause that is a requirement of religion. So are the dress codes of men. Male western fashion tends to me accepted for male muslims to wear cause it covers as it has been asigned by god.

This is your problem. It is other peoples problem. And I think I can speak for a lot of muslim people, mainly girls wearing hijab if you take this to be "blatantly show it off", that you have to deal with it cause I'm (we're) not going to supress opinions or dress that may arise from religion.

To you is your beliefs and to me is mine. Accept it an move on. I jsut do not like ignorance to get in the way. Knowledge equals awareness, and awreness can lesse prejudice, and ultimately lessen fear. It will not in everyone, and you are a clear example of that.

If you do not like it do not be around muslims, don't even be in this forum. It is a muslims duty to correct people and educate them in the ways of islam if someone asks or if they are wrong in a perception of islam or make a statement that is false, just as it is the right of anyone else to do so. Just as muslims have the right ot do this to other muslims so they are able to worship and submit to god in the most best and right fashion.

Like I said if you do not like do not be around muslism go live in a hovel. We muslims have to live around people like you, and people that are comepletely against the religion who we should not hang with. But we must accept those people are who they are, and that they will always exist in this country and the world over. Just cuase we do not like it doesn't mena we have to leave as many have siad. You should leave then since you appear ot have the biggest problem and cannot handle it.

Move on. Get over it. Everyone has equal right to the earth and everyone can conduct thier faith in the way they choose, and this varies for each individual amongst one religion. So I say to you is your religion and to me is mine. (Al_Kafirun, Qur'an)

PS The Qur'an tells us exactly of what people such as yourself say and do. The Qur'an tells you how ot deal with them. You first educate, then if they still do not see then you leave them to their own hell. And this is what I will do. Clearly it isn't just an old stupid book written by old men to oppress women and trick the world over as many claim. Why? cuase it tells us of the furture and the thigns others do and will do, adn how to deal with it. So in the end, people objecting to Islam and such the like have been using the same old stale rhetoric for the past 1450 years.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Does wearing Hijab count as "blatantly show it off", cause that is a requirement of religion. So are the dress codes of men. Male western fashion tends to me accepted for male muslims to wear cause it covers as it has been asigned by god.

This is your problem. It is other peoples problem. And I think I can speak for a lot of muslim people, mainly girls wearing hijab if you take this to be "blatantly show it off", that you have to deal with it cause I'm (we're) not going to supress opinions or dress that may arise from religion.
People do (I feel) generally accept your right to dress a bit differently, but of course people are going to think you're a bit weird or you're a freak... It's to be expected when wearing something out of the ordinary.

I do think you need to find a happy medium (and i'm sure all muslims try to) between following your religious beliefs and harmonising with the rest of society.

PS The Qur'an tells us exactly of what people such as yourself say and do. The Qur'an tells you how ot deal with them. You first educate, then if they still do not see then you leave them to their own hell. And this is what I will do. Clearly it isn't just an old stupid book written by old men to oppress women and trick the world over as many claim. Why? cuase it tells us of the furture and the thigns others do and will do, adn how to deal with it. So in the end, people objecting to Islam and such the like have been using the same old stale rhetoric for the past 1450 years.
Yes but don't alot of them have some credit? Surely you do see the oppression of women in muslim countries as a problem? I mean I'm sure you don't think it is an accurate portrayal of the islamic faith, or translating of the scripture, but this is what alot of muslims have chosen to believe.

Last edited:

googooloo

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Yes but don't alot of them have some credit? Surely you do see the oppression of women in muslim countries as a problem? I mean I'm sure you don't think it is an accurate portrayal of the islamic faith, or translating of the scripture, but this is what alot of muslims have chosen to believe.
Beating a woman cause u see her hair is a crime anywhere. But by men telling women to cover up and that they can't go outside withought hijab isn't oppression, that is good. Why? you must hink im mad but im not. it is good becuaset his makes women who are of age (meaning puberty as it is stated in the qur'an) fulfill thier duty to allah. As all women should.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
googooloo said:
Beating a woman cause u see her hair is a crime anywhere. But by men telling women to cover up and that they can't go outside withought hijab isn't oppression, that is good. Why? you must hink im mad but im not. it is good becuaset his makes women who are of age (meaning puberty as it is stated in the qur'an) fulfill thier duty to allah. As all women should.
so muslim women who dont cover up (eg soha) , dont fulfill thier duty to allah, and hence will burn in fires of hell. you said it yourself, that all women should

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
SashatheMan said:
so muslim women who dont cover up (eg soha) , dont fulfill thier duty to allah, and hence will burn in fires of hell. you said it yourself, that all women should
um dont use me as an example thanks
i will cover up soon inshallah
so mind your own buisness

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
soha said:
um dont use me as an example thanks
i will cover up soon inshallah
so mind your own buisness
soon? soon will be too late, judgement day can happen anytime as you say. maybe even this afternoon. you better hurry up, you dont want to be standing there at judgement day showing your face. its a great crime afterall.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
SashatheMan said:
soon? soon will be too late, judgement day can happen anytime as you say. maybe even this afternoon. you better hurry up, you dont want to be standing there at judgement day showing your face. its a great crime afterall.
um excuse me mr know it all
on judgement day we will all stand naked infront of Allah
and yes u are right sasha
thanks for the encouragement
ur good for something after all

Hanzo

HSC
i dun even talk to muslim chicks..
her dad might chop me up dimsim or sumfing if seen in contact wit his daughter

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
soha said:
um excuse me mr know it all
on judgement day we will all stand naked infront of Allah
and yes u are right sasha
thanks for the encouragement
ur good for something after all
yes but before you enter judgement day allah has to check if yuor wearing all the right gear. i mean some christian fundementalist might sneak in a cross or a bible, and he has to check if your wearing the rags. there must be a non-islam detector at the entrance to judgement day.

K

katie_tully

It saddens me to see girls so blatantly brainwashed by their religion, so much so that they're willing to give up their rights as a human to adhere to the code of a patriarchal religion so that they may, maybe, might, possibly, probably won't go to heaven.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
katie_tully said:
It saddens me to see girls so blatantly brainwashed by their religion, so much so that they're willing to give up their rights as a human to adhere to the code of a patriarchal religion so that they may, maybe, might, possibly, probably won't go to heaven.
yeah there go my rights..
washing away down the drain
woe with me

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
mr EaZy said:
THe earliest universities were attached to or were inside mosques.
I thought the earliest university was the Library of Alexandria. [Pfft, I'm not a history buff, I don't know dates - Don't crucify me if I'm wrong]
katie_tully said:
Feminism vs. Strict Adherance To Moral Code.
Catfight?

K

katie_tully

No. God no. I am by no means a feminist. Where I was going with that point, was that these girls feel that they have to cover up, and please allah...or else their lives after death won't be worth living. I just can't imagine how restrictive it would be. Perhaps though, because they know no different, its not so restrictive.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
katie_tully said:
No. God no. I am by no means a feminist. Where I was going with that point, was that these girls feel that they have to cover up, and please allah...or else their lives after death won't be worth living. I just can't imagine how restrictive it would be. Perhaps though, because they know no different, its not so restrictive.
Igonrance is bliss: The universe is deterministic [w.r.t. quantum stats], so the future is predetermined, but it is the fact that we cannot know the future which makes our lives seemingly "changeable through actions".

FOCUS: Isn't there some strict code when you marry a muslim chick, like something to do with their dad, and convincing him to marry her off? What I'm asking is can you fall in love, have sex before marriage, and all that jazz? [You know, the classic "I-live-on-the-north-shore-and-went-to-a-private-boys/girls-school" attitude]

K

katie_tully

I'm pretty sure if a Muslim father found out you were having premartial sex with his daughter, he'd cut off your balls. But thats just a theory.

I'm not religious, so I don't see a problem with sex before marriage...and all that jazz.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
KeypadSDM said:
I thought the earliest university was the Library of Alexandria. [Pfft, I'm not a history buff, I don't know dates - Don't crucify me if I'm wrong]Feminism vs. Strict Adherance To Moral Code.
Catfight?
dunno myself... the word university comes from latin... universitas

alumni comes from latin: aluminados!! lol Resident evil fever..

nah it comes from a latin word ... well it is a latin word but has been latinicized from an arab word A'lim - meaning scholar

To be considered an A'lim i would say you'd have to memorise the Quran, understand it along with say 100 000 Hadiths or more- usually A'lims memorise say 600,000 or more but thats just a figure ive pulled out of memory

memorising involves memorising the actual words, the meaning and how that piece of knowledge came to u from the messenger himself..

so if u memorise the Quran ... u say... "my dad taught me, who was taught by his teacher no 23, then no 22 then 21 then 20... ... all the way to no.1" and sometimes u study the people along the chain- this used to be the practice in the early days- but now people just know the names coz we have the Quran Written down and collected

oh and the scholars like ibn sina (avicenna ) and Al-jabr (al-Gebr (these are latin names of arab people)) studied islam before studying math and medicine etc so like thats why universities in mosques were important- they taught religion and science -and were important social institutions.

oh and i found this site: Response to the Atheist Manifesto
http://islamic.org.uk/gde.html

parent site is here:
http://islamic.org.uk/

and lastly not wearing the hijab does not mean that ull go to hell and it doesnt mean that ur not a muslim.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
sorry, me again... the first university wasnt called a university... coz u cant start the first university here in Australia 2000 years ago and use a latin name to describe it.

the first university called a university- i think would be in bologna - Italy (naturally!) but the arabs would have had institutions in Cairo and later Bagdad that performed the functions of a university just not called one. ill get a link lol

oopps couldnt find it....
http://www.discoverislam.com/poster.asp?poster=DIP2004_10&page=1

take that one instead

i think bologna was est in like the 1400s - which makes it pretty old~ !:)

Edit: i found this site to on women: http://www.discoverislam.com/gallery.asp?page=2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)