My TEACHER IS A MARKER (1 Viewer)

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
jm01 said:
Any teacher can become a HSC marker, so I don't think there's that much honour in becoming one.

Don't get me wrong, I know some fine teachers who are HSC markers, but I do know a few English ones who boast and carry on about their appointment of being a HSC marker, but they can't teach!

Also, I know some teachers who are really good and have never done HSC marking.

So really, anyone can become one. Just because someone is a HSC marker, it doesn't mean they can actually teach well.
qft. my modern teacher is a marker but she was the worst teacher i had ever encountered.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
I concur! My old Physics teacher is a REALLY GOOD teacher. He also has been a senior HSC marker, he said he used to check one in five papers to make sure they've been marked correctly.

He also said that he drew a smiley face on a card and when asked for ID by security, he showed him that card and they didn't notice. Shows how good security is at the marking centres :p

z600 said:
except for senior markers, many markers are selected by selecting their names out of a hat:)

Clever Chick

2008- Year 12
HSC
Just.waiting said:
Because your oh so experienced teacher did wonders with your English.
i dont know whether ur being rude or sarcastic but either way

my english was the best and helped me so much

oh n sorry CEM i thought you had to send in essays my mistake

but i am glad that they continually make sure everyone is marking the same

Just.waiting

HSC
Clever Chick said:
i don't know whether ur[you're] being rude or sarcastic but either way[Who ends a sentence with 'either way'?]

my[My] english[English] was the best and helped me so much[Does this even make sense?]

oh[Oh] n[and] sorry CEM i thought you had to send in essays my mistake

but i am glad that they continually make sure everyone is marking the same.

Your post = EPIC FAIL.

Why do you hate English so?

Also, just so you know, I was being both rude and sarcastic. The two generally go hand in hand. :)

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
bradman said:
Well spotted.

I did WW&Mal. Do you know how many did Citizen Kane for Module B?
heyy Brad, Citizen Kane I think has the smallest number of candidates for Module B, I think it numbers somewhere in the few hundreds.

Same with After Mabo under Module C, Representation and Text.

HSC
Just.waiting said:
Your post = EPIC FAIL.

Why do you hate English so?

Also, just so you know, I was being both rude and sarcastic. The two generally go hand in hand. :)
I find it funny that you were correcting her grammar and corrected "i" with "i".

lionking1191

HSC
tacogym27101990 said:
I find it funny that you were correcting her grammar and corrected "i" with "i".
it was done twice as well

proringz

HSC
and I was one of those 1300 who did WW/Malouf

Last edited:

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Clever Chick said:
Each marking centre
only marks one module

so everyones Advanced Module A is marked in Newcastle

so i dont know what the % are for other ones
My Dad's marking Module A, he does it every year. It pays well too.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
I don't know about the other modules but A is marked in the conference centre on the site of Newcastle Entertainment Centre (not in the actual huge hall, a seperate building outside it). I'm not sure how many markers, maybe 100.

tau281290

HSC
supercalamari said:
My Dad's marking Module A, he does it every year. It pays well too.
WOw, ur dad's a marker. Amazing, so you can just give him ur student no. and he will.....;)

I heard that HSC markers get paid 15$$ an hour and they usually spend it all after marking in the pub=P lol, according to my maths teacher. THis is why he's not marking any more lol .

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
tau281290 said:
WOw, ur dad's a marker. Amazing, so you can just give him ur student no. and he will.....;)

I heard that HSC markers get paid 15$$ an hour and they usually spend it all after marking in the pub=P lol, according to my maths teacher. THis is why he's not marking any more lol .

Try 4 times that and you are closer to the mark. Every marker I know uses the money for Christmas or mortgage (or the pub or....).

Scissors

HSC
cem said:
Try 4 times that and you are closer to the mark. Every marker I know uses the money for Christmas or mortgage (or the pub or....).
cem, that's pretty fucking insane. $60 is top dollar.

what do you have to do to become a marker? is it as simple as just putting your hand up? or do you have to pass requirements?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)