NBA passion (1 Viewer)

And1

HSC
Originally posted by reno2004
cause he is just the best person ever in clutch situations
I think a man by the name of Michael Jordan would have something to say about that... don't get me wrong, Reggie is one of the best clutch performers of all-time (see 8points in 9.4 seconds vs. the Knicks in '95) but I don't think he is the greatest.

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
ok then. Apart from Michael Jordan he is the best.
Prince had a mad block on Reggie in Game 2. It was one of the best defensive games i have ever seen. 26 blocks in total and detroit(19) almost equalled the record of 20 for one team.

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
that block was awesome. how far away was prince, just came out of nowhere.

Reggie deserves a championship more than malone and payton...those guys shoulda stayed with their teams like reggie

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
twolves are not over. YES. they will probably lose next game, but at least the series lose will be a respectable 4-2.
Also, Pacers get back home court advantage so maybe some hope for them there. That series could go to 7, both teams are quite evenly matched.

FiReStArTeR

Originally posted by reno2004
twolves are not over.

yes....yes they are, but it was a mad series, better series than it would've been if the Lakers had faced off against the Kings.

Pistons vs Lakers is going to be good but Detroit won't be the team to win it back for the East, no matter how many guarantees Rasheed makes. Rasheed and Ben vs Shaq and Malone in the post... not a chance

And1

HSC
Apart from the obvious matchup of the Wallaces vs. Shaq/Malone, Richard Hamilton vs. Kobe Bryant will be a very entertaining matchup. I thought Rip really came into his own in the ECF, he'll need to lift his game even higher for the Pistons to win the championship. Another element to this matchup will be whether or not it'll be the last time people will see Kobe Bryant in a Laker uniform...

It'll be a good series IMO, I want the Pistons to win but I really don't see the Lakers losing this one.

Lakers in 6

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Yeh. Lakers will win in six. I dont think the wallace's can match up to malone and shaq. Too much experience and a definate size advantage in shaq's case. If the lakers do win, then Kobe will be gone, as will phil jackson and malone.
Should be interesting to see wat happens over the next 2yrs with so many good players coming to the end of their contracts.

HSC
Originally posted by skip to my lou
nah i expected a competitive heat-hornets matchup....but i say heat in 6

yeah rockets out....meh

i reckon finals will be pistons vs spurs....pistons win! :D:D
i havent been on bored in a while....oh well

well, as you can see, i predicted pistons spurs...i got it half right
but yeah

i still stick with pistons winning the finals...merely coz i dont like the lakers
lol

yeah, malone and payton are just desperate ppl using desperate measures to win a championship. it wont work :D

EARN IT FFS!

Hotsauce

Denied
HSC
And the Pistons take out Game 1 of the 2004 NBA Finals 87-75!

Rip Hamilton had a bad game by his standards in the playoffs thus far however Chauncey Billups made up for it with some great play - 22pts. However I believe the key to the Pistons' win (like it has been all playoffs long) was their stingy defense. Tayshaun Prince schooled Kobe Bryant on defense.

Shaq still had a big game (34 pts on 13-16 FG), but when the rest of your team shoots 39%, your team is bound to struggle.

All in all, a big win for the Pistons on the road. I expect the Lakers to come back hard for Game 2 (esp. Karl Malone).

HSC
of course theyll try and come back in game 2.

if they lose, its all over.

but yes, i am really reeally reaaaaaaaaalllly rooting for the pistons this year. i want the trophy to go east!

M@C D@DDY

HSC
Hopefully Lakers lost because this plan to incorporate malone and payton in the team rather than play george and fisher will backfire those latter guys are better

Hotsauce

Denied
HSC
The Lakers today took Game 2, 99-91 in OT.

Kobe hit a 3 with about two seconds remaining to force OT and then proceeded to dominate the OT period. Unlucky for Karl Malone however - he sprained his MCL again, the same knee which he did earlier in the season. A collapse by the Piston defence in the final few minutes of the game there proved very costly. On to Games 3, 4 and 5 at Detroit now!

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
yeah watched the game today, it was pretty good. the detroit defence is really good, especially ben wallace. but yeah in overtime, they sought of lost it,

HSC
yeah detroit shot itself in the foot. mehmet okur committed some really bad turnovers.

lakers shouldnt have been given a life with overtime. hopefully pistons can kick lakers ass in the palace.

big_ticket

HSC
N/A
Larry Brown should let Darko off the chain.....let him go wild during the finals

Hotsauce

Denied
HSC
Pistons hit back hard in Game 3 to stomp on the Lakers 88-68.

Shaq (14pts) and Kobe (11pts) were shutdown by B.Wallace and Prince respectively today with the Piston defence bouncing back after a dismal end to Game 2. Karl Malone was obviously bothered by his sprained MCL (surprised he even played - perhaps trying to inspire the team) and Gary Payton was yet again outplayed by Chauncey Billups. Rip Hamilton scored 31 for Detroit, who outplayed the Lakers in every aspect of the game today.

The series is still young, as always you'd expect the Laker team full of experience to come back and play much better in Game 4 so it should be a great game on Monday (Sunday in the US).

Larry Brown should let Darko off the chain.....let him go wild during the finals
lol... the time will come!

big_ticket

HSC
N/A
WHOOO Darko made the court.....definately the sole reason that the Pistons won....hahaha

Pistons in 6

krn_boy

Pistons win game 4 88-80. Shaq was dominant , but everyone else in the Lakers had little impact. Sheed had a good game, especially because Malone was affected by his knee.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)