Never Gonna Get A Job. HELP! (2 Viewers)

mrajdadas

HSC
I've applied for so many retail shop places like Aldi, Safeways, Coles, Jay jays, Cotton On, Glue and heaps other and still haven't got a job, i'm started to think i'll never get a job and i'm not a retard, i just haven't had job before and im 18 :(

Why is it so hard to get a job, like at aldi I've applied there like 5 different jobs haven't got one and all you do is sit there, i can easily do that.....

:mad:

Freakstyler09

HSC
I've applied for so many retail shop places like Aldi, Safeways, Coles, Jay jays, Cotton On, Glue and heaps other and still haven't got a job, i'm started to think i'll never get a job and i'm not a retard, i just haven't had job before and im 18 :(

Why is it so hard to get a job, like at aldi I've applied there like 5 different jobs haven't got one and all you do is sit there, i can easily do that.....

:mad:

Same here :(

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Most of the places have been taken up methinks, ya'll should've applied sooner.

Kelly47

HSC
All you can do is keep trying, and apply everywhere you can. Even if you think it'll be a sucky job, at least it will give you some experience and money.
I'm 19 and only just recently got my first job, which I got through Seek by the way. It only lasts 5-6 weeks but I figure it's better than nothing and I get a bit of experience. Just don't give up, and work on your resume/cover letter if need be.
If I can get a job, anyone can. I know it annoys me when people say stuff like that, but I am one of the most shy and socially awkward people out there. So just keep trying, and good luck. :)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
apply everywhere, apply for xmas casual halfway thru the year, increase your availability (i dunno if you have uni/tafe starting soon), get your P's, get a first aid cert, get RSA/RCG.

maybe find some voluntary work too, so you can get experience.

greekgun

HSC
Seriously, wtf...its not that hard to find a job, i got a job at Coles at the age of 16 with no previous job history. Practice what your going to say in the interview, or if your not getting that far...improve your resume. Follow up on people, call them, send in a cover letter, send in a email...its not that hard.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
make up some answers to possible interview questions.

"how have you shown leadership in the past"

"how have you shown initiative in the past"

"name an achievement you have.. achieved.. "

i got questions like that for my david jones interview, i kinda made them up on the spot, but yeah, make sure you know how you'll answer them, build up confidence, talk to yourself in the mirror, or get your dad to interview you for practice.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Also, be sure to use your networks. Ask your friends if they know anywhere that's hiring, or that would hire you.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Maybe try looking in food? Not as a long term thing but temporarily for the money and experience. Six months in food will look good on your resume and you'll learn food, customer service and POS skills. I earn more money then people my age at Lone Star, Gloria Jeans and some 'nice' places like clothes shops... I work at Maccas :eek:.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
not if you use the criteria for the job search properly.

and obv read the job description. if you dont fit it, the dont apply!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Seek can be good, though I've never had much luck with it personally.

Read the newspapers as well. Get in early, and go straight to the jobs section. If you find anything, call up.

K

Kozak92

Be a school crossing supervisor if you've finished school! Your hours are awesome, 8-9.30am and 2.30-4.00pm at a a base rate of $18.25 - $21.90 per hour.

Thats an easy $300 in the pocket each week and you can hardly call it work :p

There are vacancies in Summer Hill and Ashfield atm.

spence

HSC
Be a school crossing supervisor if you've finished school! Your hours are awesome, 8-9.30am and 2.30-4.00pm at a a base rate of $18.25 - $21.90 per hour.

Thats an easy $300 in the pocket each week and you can hardly call it work :p

There are vacancies in Summer Hill and Ashfield atm.
having two 1.5 hour shifts 5 hours apart is about as far away from awesome hours as i can imagine

K

Kozak92

having two 1.5 hour shifts 5 hours apart is about as far away from awesome hours as i can imagine
Why?

5 hours is a lot of time. You could go play sports, gym, study etc. in that time and be ready for work again.

spence

HSC
Why?

5 hours is a lot of time. You could go play sports, gym, study etc. in that time and be ready for work again.
Because its only 3 hours of work a day, and its spread out so much. I'd much rather work 8 hours

Abbiesaurus

HSC
I applied for Coles, Bakers Delight and Franklins. It took about 3 months but yeah they all called wanting me to come in for an interview. The places you have applied for may just be holding onto your resume until they have a position vacant. So just keep handing in resumes and you will surely get a job.

audioxdoll

HSC
Be a school crossing supervisor
HAHA lollypop lady :p

I havent had a proper job before either apart from a brief xmas job at city beach and helping out at my mums work. Ive actually got some qualifications though like a first aid certificate and cert III in entertainment industry which i got from doing the HSC subject. Im not too sure of where this would be useful though..
Im just hoping to get a job before im 18 so that im not "too old" so ive got a few months to do that still. Goodluck to everyone in finding work!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)