Never Gonna Get A Job. HELP! (1 Viewer)

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
not sure if anyone has pointed this out but coles/woolies/big w etc look for younger employees 15-16 mostly unless you have experience or qualifications becuase younger ones are much much cheaper to employ. Coles would MUCH rather pay an incompetent 15 year old over an intelligent 18 year old hands down

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
Also remember to chase up your peeps vigilantly, knowing they may not even bother looking at applications for weeks. Keep asking every few days or something. I applied at a few places, then went to Pizza Hut after a week and the guy hadn't even looked at them, nor will he till tuesday and I handed it in 2 mondays ago. Admin is so annoying sometimes!

Also, yes emilyo is absolutely correctly. Regrettably the work we are asking for is idiot's work, making workmates really annoying sometimes too.

Freakstyler09

HSC
Also remember to chase up your peeps vigilantly, knowing they may not even bother looking at applications for weeks. Keep asking every few days or something. I applied at a few places, then went to Pizza Hut after a week and the guy hadn't even looked at them, nor will he till tuesday and I handed it in 2 mondays ago. Admin is so annoying sometimes!

Also, yes emilyo is absolutely correctly. Regrettably the work we are asking for is idiot's work, making workmates really annoying sometimes too.
Pizza Hut won't hire you, I've experienced this b4, ur just too expensive for their pockets.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
not sure if anyone has pointed this out but coles/woolies/big w etc look for younger employees 15-16 mostly unless you have experience or qualifications becuase younger ones are much much cheaper to employ. Coles would MUCH rather pay an incompetent 15 year old over an intelligent 18 year old hands down
not rly, i got my woolworth ltd. job @ 18, n the average age in the induction thingy would've bin about 17

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Coles is the same. Both would prefer to page lower wages. However, it depends on what they're looking for at the time.

mrajdadas

HSC
Thanks for the responds XD
Is there some way i can learn to improve my resume, my resume i did last year which teacher helped me me with but since i'm 18 i've finished school, and i would love a job at coles safeways kmart big w but they never seem to want anyone :mad:!!!

And is it worth applying for a job even if they want someone experience? (sorry if stupid question)

but thanks!

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Vast majority of seek want previous exp and stuff.
This is true. Seek is useless to the average, inexperienced teen. There is obviously jobs that will suitable for people without experience but you'll literally have 100+ people trying to apply for the same thing.

Thanks for the responds XD
Is there some way i can learn to improve my resume, my resume i did last year which teacher helped me me with but since i'm 18 i've finished school, and i would love a job at coles safeways kmart big w but they never seem to want anyone :mad:!!!

And is it worth applying for a job even if they want someone experience? (sorry if stupid question)

but thanks!
Just read guides online on how to write a resume and work from there. If you have no previous work experience, then just exaggerate other things like extra-curriculars and so on.

And yeah, its worth applying for jobs with previous exp required. Although in my 3 year work employment history, such job applications won't usually involve success.

Your first job is the usually the hardest to get. Once you get it, it gets easier from there.

And now, I'm off to work.

dan2452

HSC
Yeah ive been working since I was about 10

Paperboy- 3.5 years
McDonalds- 1.5 years
IGA- I.5 years till now

I'd recommend that you try to get a job at somewhere not very good (summer camps, mcdonalds) or do some volunteer work, to help build up your resume. Once you have proof that you'll be a good worker they'll hire you in a snap.

Also, instead of just stopping the resume off at the employer, try talking to the manager personally. They will most likely have at least 20 other resumes in thier resume tray, many of which are cheap 15 year olds.

Whereas if you actually talk to the employer personally, and give a good impression, you will look more reliable and beneficial than the 20 or so unskilled 15 year old applicants.

Good luck :)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Also, instead of just stopping the resume off at the employer, try talking to the manager personally. They will most likely have at least 20 other resumes in thier resume tray, many of which are cheap 15 year olds.
Depending on the place, this definitely has some merit in it.

super.muppy

HSC
cuz you need previous job experience. I suggest starting with maccas then work your way up to respectible retail

Last edited:

Enchantress91

HSC
Maccas rejected me twice online in 2 weeks. (different restaurants though) Still waiting for one more restaurant to reply. My last little shred of hope...

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
haha wow rejected twice from maccas

are not not asian or indian, or something

greekgun

HSC
Yeah...no offence but you must have left a bad impression to be rejected my maccas twice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)