Never Gonna Get A Job. HELP! (1 Viewer)

dawdlex3

HSC
You can try, you never know they may be really desperate but in my experience you are a bit too old. A lot of pubs/hotels in my area are looking for staff atm, i dunno about elsewhere but perhaps look at getting your RSA and applying for bar type jobs. Another good one is to get austswim qualified and teach swimming lessons, i swear they are always hiring.
Maccas would be fine, if they're hiring adult workers at the time. Otherwise, like may-cat said, get your RSA. It will open up avenues to work in restaurants. If you get your RCG, you can work in bigger clubs and pubs as well.

Thank you guys. I'll apply for a RSA course this year first and look around for available jobs. Never thought abuot austswim before, I might try that too. =)

Enchantress91

HSC
Yeah...no offence but you must have left a bad impression to be rejected my maccas twice.
But they've never even met me. I did both applications online and got rejected via email. *cries in a corner*.

madsam

God among men
HSC
hi guys, i'm applying at woolies online now and theres this question:

When performing repetitive tasks it is easy to become bored and overlook important details. Please outline in 100 words or less, what would you do in this situation to ensure the job gets done properly?

how do i answer that lol?
Tell them you turn it into a mindgame with yourself, you set small goals that you try to achieve to keep you entertained/give you some pride in your work

flaminwaffle

HSC
But they've never even met me. I did both applications online and got rejected via email. *cries in a corner*.

they probably had all positions filled, or you were too old. most people who work at maccas would leave a terrible impression but they get hired because they can work for like, 5 bucks an hour. at the maccas near me theyre all 14 year old lads, and one of them scratched his balls as he served me. but they get hired.

Freakstyler09

HSC
they probably had all positions filled, or you were too old. most people who work at maccas would leave a terrible impression but they get hired because they can work for like, 5 bucks an hour. at the maccas near me theyre all 14 year old lads, and one of them scratched his balls as he served me. but they get hired.
eww, I would like seriously punch that guy out if he did that XD

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Tell them you turn it into a mindgame with yourself, you set small goals that you try to achieve to keep you entertained/give you some pride in your work
This answer is definitely the one to use, or a variant upon. It shows self motivation, and attentiveness to the job at hand.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not saying don't go for the job because of the hours, I'm just saying that if you have a choice, those hours are shit
but if there's nothing else going for you take what you can

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
I agree, he should take it if it's all he can get, but I still disagree with the person who said they were 'awesome' hours
oh yeah
they're not desirable hey, but do what you can until you find something better

kevin94

HSC
Well, last october i applied for target twice and didnt get a call back, then i applied at sanity, which i thought was stupid, also didnt get a call back, then just recently applied at coles and woolies at the age of 15.
Is april like the time they might start hiring?? Im scared im never gonna get a job.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It depends on when they need people. That could be at any point in the year.

ben150891

HSC
iv applied at over 15 places still no call backs. oh god never ever ever gonna gt a job

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)