• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

New age girls suck.... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrenKHS

HSC
Argonaut said:
I find this thread highly ironic, because men have domainated women for centuries (this thread being an example of that domination) when the male human body is a genetic defect.
How so ? Men have dominated women for centuries because they are physically stronger, i dont think they are necessarily smarter though.

L

LaraB

Argonaut said:
Well, in order for a genetic defect to occour, the chromosome has to have either too much or not enough genetic information attached. The very chromosome that makes us blokes is a defect of the perfect body - the female. The chromosome that determines sex is shown as either XX for women or XY for men. It is the Y that is actually the defect - it is an incomplete X, as part of the genetic data is missing. Which makes us defects (and also opens to door to defects being more common in guys), and yet males have dominated women for centuries, something I find entirely ironic.
couldnt agree more:p

haha this is kinda like what we were talking about this doco i saw a few days ago called The Dying Rooms - tis worth seeing btw - but, is about China and the "orphanages" where girl's predonominantly, but some baby boys too, are sent to literaly just be left to die because it isnt good to have girls coz of the one child policy n stuff..

so the fathers send em off and sometimes disown their wives n the kids coz its "their fault" that they didnt give him a guy...but its the guy's chromosome contibution that determines the sex of the baby :p so sickening that this stuff still goes on but ironic in a way

BrenKHS

HSC
The Y chromosome has 2.8% less information then the X chromosome.

Does this really have a big affect on defects or is it just a minor difference ?

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
Argonaut said:
t would obviously have some effect - remember males and females are totally identical except for reproductive organs.

wrong

ask some science students - you cant judge things from a external anatomical perspective...i believe they stopped doing that ages ago when they thought we were in no way related to monkeys

dont say things u rnt sure of

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
mind if i join in?

HELL DAMN CRAP

L

LaraB

Argonaut said:
Lara, they do that because the males are the only ones who can carry the family name (even more ironic is that for it's 1 billion people, there's only about 200 family names in China ...)
i agree with you to an extent:)

coz that's what i thought too at first before i watched th doco but its more complicated than just the name, although a lot stems from it i guess...

its also coz of the obvious thing that women aren't expected to be able to work in teh fields etc as capably as men..

they said it wasn't so much the carrying of the name that mattered but more the fact that the women move away from the family to live with their husband's family, so that m eans that their own family loses a child carer, cook, cleaner etc etc

and you're right, it has to do with the name as well - the woman who was the main journo in the doco said that its more about gaining a reputation/prestige for the name than the maintaining of the name and since women don't/didnt generally aim for or could afford a good job or education, you couldnt really elevate your family name.

she said it was also a kind of like...tribal mentality....in that the men used to "seek out" brides/women/slave whatever you choose to call it:p so women had no value other than that so it was kinda that thing of since birth you're kinda just waiting til some guy comes along to take you away...

depressing huh?

but yeah - its a really interesting doco anyways:)

L

LaraB

Dumdida said:
shome nu age girlz suck.....but....overall....new age guys suck i rekn...
i have a question - i thin kits kinda obvious what everyone means by new age girls, given the male response lol:p

but what do you all like, define as a new age guy?

coz when i think of a new age guy, duno why but 1st image to pop into my head is a metro-sexual kinda guy :p

Kittycat

HSC
LaraB said:
i agree with you to an extent:)

its also coz of the obvious thing that women aren't expected to be able to work in teh fields etc as capably as men..

they said it wasn't so much the carrying of the name that mattered but more the fact that the women move away from the family to live with their husband's family, so that m eans that their own family loses a child carer, cook, cleaner etc etc

and you're right, it has to do with the name as well - the woman who was the main journo in the doco said that its more about gaining a reputation/prestige for the name than the maintaining of the name and since women don't/didnt generally aim for or could afford a good job or education, you couldnt really elevate your family name.
Actually, the main reason why Chinese families want a son is because of them carrying on the name. My grandparents wanted a son because he can carry on the name (yeah, like my last name is not common enough).
Chinese families put more importance on their son's education and the sons aim for a very good job than their daughters because they believe she can be taken care of by their husband but generally speaking, they want all their kids (no matter if it is a son or daughter) to excel in their studies as it gives them face. It is not that women aren't expected to be able to work in the fields as capably as men, it is believe that they don't need to.
The daughter is not actually seen as a child carer/cook/cleaner.... fine, they are seen as a cook, cleaner, a person to bring home money and take care of their parents but not child carer. If people are allowed only one child, daughters are not as popular because when they grow up to an age where they are most 'useful' (being able to work for the family & bring home the money) they are married off.
Even though a daughter is married off, I know of alot of parents who actually stayed with their daughters instead of their son and the daughter's in-laws actually had to live elsewhere.
If it wasn't for the 1 child policy, most families would want to have sons and daughters as daughters generally are more willing to take care of their parents than the son.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
metrosexual?? LOL....sorry but err....no....u do realise the new age seems 2 b more like their fathers? u know take a guy from a bit ago n then add the fact they respect girls alot more n stuff, metrosexuals look afta themselves a tad 2 much i reckon, each 2 their own, but new age guys seem 2 still go 2 the pub, but yeh...lol, dont ask me where im goin with this, but i dont reckon the new age guy is a metrosexual :p

HSC
New age girls are too manly.
New age guys are too girly.

Pretty soon we'll lose this concept of 'gender'...

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
whiterabbit said:
New age girls are too manly.
New age guys are too girly.

Pretty soon we'll lose this concept of 'gender'...

yeah im all for woman in the kitchen where they belong

whats up with that? :rolleyes: jk

HSC
Some feminists suck.

They say how proud they are to be female and how women are so beautiful. And then they go off and wear clothes that make them look like men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)