New Honda Civic (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
oh and btw, didn't anyone tell you to not stress your engine on the first 1000kms?
ie. rev past 4000?

Qlimax

HSC
you gotta be one of the biggest idiots to drive your car so much for NO REASON..
don't you have friends? go pick friends up and go for a cruise rather than cruising by yourself??

who cares if he doesn't treat the car right (ie past 4k revs).. it's still covered under warantee..

it's a new car.. the car engine is going to be really responsive for the next 10 000kms or so.. then it will slowly die down.. now stop wasting that precious 10 000km's doing happy laps by yourself..

go out, try pick up some chicks.. maybe you'd hook up with some desperate chick and have soem fun time ;)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I have picked up a few friends here and there :p ... but I do enjoy driving around aimlessly. Not really sure why, it's just... a satisfying feeling to me.

I've noticed the car is happy to go upto 5k RPM when accelerating... guessing that's the i-VTEC or something. The car redlines at 7k. Probably should refill the tank soon^^

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
Engine internals need to settle down. Don't take it past 4k-4.5k.

I have never owned a brand new car - but speaking from the point of view of rebuilt engines, there's one thing to keep in mind. If you take a newly rebuilt engine and rev it into the 6-7k range, you ensure a shorter lifespan, but during that lifespan it will rev very easily to 6-7k. If you rev it only to 4k, a longer lifespan is ensured, however it will rev less easily into the 6-7k range (not that big a deal).
It is to do with the interaction of the newly honed bores and piston rings scraping against one another for the first time. This period of low revs should last around 3-5k. I believe it is worth it. Again, I don't know about new cars - but keep it in mind.

Last edited:

Qlimax

HSC
seremify007 said:
I have picked up a few friends here and there :p ... but I do enjoy driving around aimlessly. Not really sure why, it's just... a satisfying feeling to me.

I've noticed the car is happy to go upto 5k RPM when accelerating... guessing that's the i-VTEC or something. The car redlines at 7k. Probably should refill the tank soon^^
quite sure it shouldn't redline at 7, but then again.. it's new car.

the s2000 redlines at 9... envy's

Mr Will

HSC
Qlimax said:
apparently the features are much mroe better than the aus version civic..
engine wise
design (aerodynamisc)
etc etc etc...
there's much potential on a civic, but seriously.. it still lacks power/torque
even the new lancer's beefed itself upto 2.4L MyVec

mivec.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
Qlimax said:

yeah my mates dad's got s2000
he gets to take it every so often to places,
along M4 holding out each gear we hit 180 at the end of fourth
still had 2 more gears to go, but traffic was comming up an we backed off

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Qlimax said:
Just to confirm, redline is the bit when it starts the red on the tacho? It's a shade under 7k rpm.

bowman said:
yeah my mates dad's got s2000
he gets to take it every so often to places,
along M4 holding out each gear we hit 180 at the end of fourth
still had 2 more gears to go, but traffic was comming up an we backed off
Haha... isn't 180 asking to get your license suspended?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
seremify007 said:
oops... Should probably follow your advice a bit and lighten my foot.
Which model Civic did you get?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
2006 Civic VTi-L (Sedan)- RRP auto incl. ORC is $29500.

After thinking about it, it's look may not be as outrageous as the Euro model, but conservatism isn't always a bad thing. It's not too conservative that it's boring, but it's not too outrageous that it'll attract a lot of attention. It's a very good quality car though so I highly recommend you try it to see if it suits your needs Minai.

CieL

HSC
Qlimax said:
Doesn't the corolla sportivo also redline there? (or there abouts?)

seremify007 said:
oops... Should probably follow your advice a bit and lighten my foot.
=.= Sifn't listen to me....

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
CieL said:
oh and btw, didn't anyone tell you to not stress your engine on the first 1000kms?
ie. rev past 4000?
*follows your advice*

I read the manual today and it says "Avoid harsh acceleration for the first 1000km", also says "Avoid harsh braking for the first 300km".

CieL

HSC
You have the green light for harsh braking now =]

Qlimax

HSC
CieL said:
Doesn't the corolla sportivo also redline there? (or there abouts?)

Corolla sportivo is a good car, but you cannot compare it to the s2000!
Although I must admit they are fast little bastards those sportivo's. I got a friend whose Type S got beaten by one..
Power packed in that little car..

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
First service this Saturday.. grr Just found out from my father that Honda isn't cheap to service ><

Is the Sportivo really that good that it can compete with a Type S? Wow... I didn't realise Corolla Sportivo was that good. But me being shallow, the Type S has a much better look/image :p

Mr Will

HSC
seremify007 said:
First service this Saturday.. grr Just found out from my father that Honda isn't cheap to service ><

Is the Sportivo really that good that it can compete with a Type S? Wow... I didn't realise Corolla Sportivo was that good. But me being shallow, the Type S has a much better look/image :p

well for a start, the corollas vvtl-i is only on the intake side, wheres i-vtec is both on intake an exhaust, basically the tegs engine will shit on it, so unless you want it for a shopping trolley, buy the integra. old women drive corollas

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
What do you think of engine transplants? I heard they're pretty exp here in Aus.. and I wonder if P platers are even allowed to do that.

... as for old women driving corollas- so do driving instructors^^ Great car to learn in IMO.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Depends if your Astra is auto or manual. Manual you can probably win, but after driving the Astra in automatic... I'm inclined to think you'd be smoked!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)