New Honda Civic (1 Viewer)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
seremify007 said:
VTEC has a very smooth power delivery compared to my Terios... not sure if that's the transmission or the engine, but either way, I'd imagine the torque curve is a lot smoother.

And... thanks for saying I look dicky >__> I wanted P plates inside my car because after seeing what happened at school (ie. ppl nicked each other's P Plates) I figured putting it inside the car would solve that problem. I'll take the other things you said (in the previous post) as a compliment; but no I'm not rich...
i dont care if people pinch them, they are free from the RTA and i carry a stack of about 20 under my seat anyways.

and if u want to deter theives, just make your plates look shoddy, rip it abit, smear dirt on it e.g lots of everyday wear so it doesnt look like you are fresh off your L's

hehe i knew it was VTEC i dunno why i stuck an e in

i remember when i was proud of getting my P's, now i just resent other drivers hassling me and thinking iam an idiot

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Well I paid a whole $3.95 for those plates to stick inside- might as well use them :) Also have the metallic ones but I think (from memory) the instructions say if you leave them on too long it can damage your paintwork.

Mr Will

HSC
CieL said:
It's VTEC btw =]
And yes you do feel it.. and you hear it too X]

And the person is seremify007 in the orange shirt.. well, he just got his Ps so he wants to display it

its actually i-VTEC in this case.

Mr Will

HSC
seremify007 said:
I was gonna say I thought there was a letter 'i' at the front- beats me what it stands for.

the old VTEC kicked in at one specific point, and one point only, usually around 5-6000rpm depending on the model. it was prety much purely focused on performance

i-vtec in most forms (the exception being the integra type S) is focused on providing good power but also good fuel economy - it can alter the point of VTEC engagement according to throttle pressure/driving style

KennyGAB

HSC
New Honda Civic looks crap - I saw one on the road the other day

Qlimax

HSC
I much prefer the New civic From London..
hatch back look.. and i think it has better engine specs
6speed manual too!..

CieL

HSC
KennyGAB said:
New Honda Civic looks crap - I saw one on the road the other day
The only feature I dislike very much on the 06 Civic is the single chunk of silver across the grill.. actually the new accord euro has silver on the nose too.. It looks gay.. Stands out too much in a bad way..

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I agree.. the UK model looks heaps nice. But then would you pay $35k for it? (I heard that's how much it would retail for if it was sold in Australia)... Seems a bit steep for something with the "Civic" branding.

Qlimax

HSC
apparently the features are much mroe better than the aus version civic..
engine wise
design (aerodynamisc)
etc etc etc...
there's much potential on a civic, but seriously.. it still lacks power/torque
even the new lancer's beefed itself upto 2.4L MyVec

CieL

HSC
Qlimax said:
even the new lancer's beefed itself upto 2.4L MyVec
But is the fuel economy good?
I think one reason Civic is keeping the power low is due to the outside factors, like rise in petrol.. people are seeking cars which consume less but still do the job..

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Engine size isn't everything; sure it probably is considerably better than before, but the Lancer is still not that great a car... I actually went to check it out during my 'car shopping'- the VR-X model was $33k and it was crap inside; so ended up ignoring it. But then I guess people who buy Lancers don't buy it for features/interior.

As for fuel economy on the Civic; the sticker says 7.2L/100km, but I've somehow managed to use up a full tank and a bit already (50L+) since I picked it up on Saturday...

CieL

HSC
seremify007 said:
But then I guess people who buy Lancers don't buy it for features/interior.

As for fuel economy on the Civic; the sticker says 7.2L/100km, but I've somehow managed to use up a full tank and a bit already (50L+) since I picked it up on Saturday...
Yeah they buy it for the rice factor.

Nuh duhhhhhhh you said you went cruising for 5hrs straight after you got your car.. I'm not surprised the tank is gone.. You use too much money, Jeff..

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I've nearly hit 500km :) Don't forget- your Accord Euro costs more than my Civic both to run and to purchase! haha...

If I ever was to buy a Lancer.. it'd only be for the Evo. The normal Lancer is just.. ugh. And the build quality (even at the dealership) just wasn't there. Sure it's better than Peugeot (the tacho needle shakes when you open/shut the door!), but the Lancer doesn't seem to justify the price tag.

Qlimax

HSC
Fuel consumption for 2.4 Lancer
FUEL CONSUMPTION:
City Cycle: 10.9 L/100km
Highway Cycle: 7.8 L/100km

ENGINE:
Capacity: 2.378 litres
Configuration: Transverse, four cylinders in line
Head Design: SOHC, four valves per cylinder
Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
Bore/Stroke: 87.0 x 100.0mm
Maximum Power: 115kW @ 5750rpm
Maximum Torque: 220Nm @ 3500rpm

New civic

The new civic would sit around the 7 - 8L range,

It has 103kw's
and pulls out 173nm of torque

so really, petrol consumption isn't too much more..
the lancer should pull up a lot more power since

"174 Nm @ 4200 rpm" is civic torque.

the fuel consumption wouldn't be too bad on that lancer..

BUT! I must admit, the euro engine specs shits on the new lancer

both being 2.4L, the Euro has 223nm torque @ 140kw's

only downfall of euro is the premium so you'd end up spending your money there..
also euro cost quite a bit more ;)

but if you compare lancer => civic

for that much more power at only around 1L more per 100k's..
it's actually not too bad..

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha i'm not sure why but the Civic feels like it always has power (ie. smooth torque curve); something which I'm not used to... at least not in a cheap car... but it's good not having to wait for a certain RPM (ie. max torque) just to get the power... whenever I need to accelerate whether it be from 40-60, 60-70, or 70-90... it always feels ready?

And I've been driving everywhere in my area just to get a feel for the car! And I drove to uni on the weekend, but I'm not sure if I want to drive there on normal days since heaps of traffic, not much parking, and lots of tolls to pay ><

CieL

HSC
seremify007 said:
I've nearly hit 500km :) Don't forget- your Accord Euro costs more than my Civic both to run and to purchase! haha...
What.. you've used a tank and NEARLY hit 500? Then that means it's not that much more economical than the previous gen?

Bah, after your sound system we'll only be 8k apart... and by the rate you use your fuel, we'd be neck to neck =] Because I'm 100% stock, and I only use my car on weekdays.. so it all evens out

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I have a habit of driving very uneconomically... such as in traffic, or having sudden bursts of acceleration to 6k+ rpm (I hate driving next to semi trailers). Actually drove to your school today to pick up a friend... so many semis at 2pm on the way!

And... your car... hmmm.. I'll think of a counter argument one day :p We gotta meet up some time though since you don't live too far from me.

CieL

HSC
@#$$%^%&

You don't realise how much petrol goes to waste at 5k+ rpm.. well, that's when my i-VTEC kicks in usually.. I watched my needle drop..

I only go past 5k rpm when I feel like being an idiot

When does you car redline anyway?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)