• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Nikki Webster ??? (2 Viewers)

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
I feel sorry for the poor girl. She was only like 12 years old or something when she appeared in the Opening Ceremony and because of it she has been hounded and hated. Its this kind of gossip and public hostility that drives famous people to depression let alone teenagers.

I made a point of saying that she was 12 at the time because you can kill someone at 12 years old and not go to trial because its considered that you dont have the moral character developed to make a choice like that, yet she does something at that age and is hated for it. No wonder she is a bitch now. Im sure shed like nothing more than to recede into obscurity but contractual agreements wont allow that.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
bcoz she just is, yeh it's not only her dat's bad but im just trying to make a point : she's already singing ( earning money) why da fck dus she need to make a clothes brand thing and make-up and stuff? i know others do this too like hilary duf or wateva, and even jLOW so i'm actually really meaning to say this about all of them but yeah i mean they should donate that extra money to tsunami victims and kids who arent that fortunate and stuf instead of buying thier 3-4-5th house which they [dont] even live in 3.9/4 of the time - what a waste.

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
they want to expand what they can do? have as many experiences as possible?

i think most people dislike her because - she still looks young, she sings songs for little kids, she became famous when she was young, spoke fairly well and very confidently then and now as well.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Amryllis said:
That's such a mean thing to say. :mad: No girl would ever want a guy she's had intimate relations with to talk about her like that - celebrity or not.
welcome to life, its not all daisies and sunshine.

for the record, i think shes irritating but in that pic that grobus posted she looks really good. and i thought her skirt was pretty cool

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Trev said:
nikki webster is a choice on fhm's sexiest 100:
http://www.fhm.com.au/100sexiest.php
but i spose, so is paulini and cossima de vito (like, wtf....SEXY?!)
Cosima De Vito is one girl I will write off as an absolute dog lookwise. Paulini is pretty good looking though, she has nice curves and a pretty smile.

If I were to vote for any of them, itd be Jennifer Conelly.

Amryllis

HSC
Grobus said:
I feel sorry for the poor girl. She was only like 12 years old or something when she appeared in the Opening Ceremony and because of it she has been hounded and hated. Its this kind of gossip and public hostility that drives famous people to depression let alone teenagers.

I made a point of saying that she was 12 at the time because you can kill someone at 12 years old and not go to trial because its considered that you dont have the moral character developed to make a choice like that, yet she does something at that age and is hated for it. No wonder she is a bitch now. Im sure shed like nothing more than to recede into obscurity but contractual agreements wont allow that.
I totally agree. Even though I don't really like her myself, I think it's really cruel that people bag her out so much for something that she did years ago. It's meant to be an honour to be one of the performers in the Olympics but the way people talk it sounds more like a criminal offence. :(

It's so hard for people who become known in their teens (or younger) coz even when they grow up, they can't shake off their original kiddie image. Like Britney Spears for example, she went through that whole slut-me-up phase (I believe she's still in it) because she wanted to be treated like an adult and not a teeny bopper singer. And she started off quite wholesome and was treated like somewhat of a role-model.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
I guess my soft spot for Nikki Webster comes from the fact that the second the stepped out into the public spotlight she was robbed of an adolescence. That itself would be hard enough for her to deal with, let alone all this stuff that I am sure she is well aware of.

Amryllis

HSC
Grobus said:
I guess my soft spot for Nikki Webster comes from the fact that the second the stepped out into the public spotlight she was robbed of an adolescence. That itself would be hard enough for her to deal with, let alone all this stuff that I am sure she is well aware of.
This is not unlike any other child-celebrities... Yet I don't think the others get bagged out quite as much as Nikki Webster does. Maybe except Britney Spears - she got a lot of hostility as well, probably because her songs were kinda cheesy (not as much as Strawberry Kisses, of course).

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
yeh tru...lol.... i dont like her but i dont know her personally, maybe she'z nice? but pple can only talk about what they see, and what i see is what i dont like when they are getting more then they deserve so yeah, everyone dosent have to like everyone.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
It just sucks how much she has to cop all because she can sing. Its really such a small thing for society to ruin someones lives over.

Amryllis

HSC
Society... I think it starts with the tabloids... which then spreads to the rest of the society. Can't believe everything we see or hear in the media. The papparazzi would write anything to catch readers' attention.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Amryllis said:
Society... I think it starts with the tabloids... which then spreads to the rest of the society. Can't believe everything we see or hear in the media. The papparazzi would write anything to catch readers' attention.
Its amazing what will catch some peoples attention. I know people who will read an article about a little known actress' left breast being smaller than their right over an article about something that effects the lives of tens of thousands of people.

firehose

HSC
I don't think that notion of being sympathetic to her just because she was basically robbed of a childhood is valid because it was entirely her choice to perform at the olympics and she is responsible for her own actions...... If her absolute strong desire is to be famous then she will have to be ready to suffer the consequences... i.e. people bagging her out, critisizing her and dismissing her. As I said she is still in wannabe star status, her 15 minutes passed a looooonnng time ago, and i'll bet she'll never reach the dizzying heights of A-list stardom. Why? because people don't like her. full stop. too bad if u think that is unfortunate.

As for that fhm list, oh man, Jennifer Hawkins all the way!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)