Votes: 3 23.1%

Votes: 3 23.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10 (the world ending would be better)

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

danal353

HSC
Mine would be happy if i fell just short of my aim, I want 99 but only need 75, if i get 99 the promised any car I wanted (within reason) and an overseas holiday! they made that promise in yr 7 and i've worked for it all the way through
my dad told me that if I get over 99 or if I get the premier's all rounders award he'd give pay for my airfare and give me $3000 spending money hehe...

verdades

HSC
I'd love to get above 90. But it won't happen. So like a 2. 'Cause I probably could have if I'd kept some of my subjects and dropped some others, as well as procrastinated less.
I'm wanting above 85, because I know I should be able to do it, and if I don't, the only reason'll be 'cause of my assessment ranks and a few crap assessments, so it'll annoy me. About a 5.
I need 82, so below that'd be a 5-6.

Science @ UC is my backup, and it's like 68. If I missed that.... 9-10

ct92

HSC
I suppose it depends how you define the goal ATAR. To get into my first-preference course, the ATAR cut off is a few points higher than the minimum with which I'd be okay. That lower value is the critical one right now, but of course I'd be extra-happy if I also got into the course (which I think is pretty achievable).

muscleman09

HSC
Not making it aye...

My rents always change their opinions of what they expect me to get.

One day their like u hav to get 90+

Next day its 80+

Then 70+

Then their like.."we just want you to turn into a good person after school..."

:chainsaw:

youngminii

Banned
HSC

I can become a programmer via a 6 month course at TAFE
Problem solved

mckensara

HSC
i would be guttered if i got lower than 95.
because i have worked so hard for this
and it will only be because i fucked myself over in the actual exams

come on 95.55
come on PLEASE 97.55
please please please please.

hairspray

HSC
I kissed goodbye to Law at UTS and welcomed law at UWS with open arms ever since the mathematics exam...

simplyyme

HSC
if i dont get at least a 70 i'd be shattered, hopefully i can get a 85 or so :x i really want to get into advanced science at uws

penguin.ali

HSC
I'm intending to work or travel for a while after school anyway, so the course I want to do is at least a year away for me. [besides, it only needs 60]

I just want to say, even if you don't get what you want you can still do well in life!
My sis completed the HSC 7 years ago, and didn't even get a uai. Yet now she has a well paying job that requires a degree in marketing [a degree that she doesn't have] and is living in a beautiful apartment. And she's happy that she didn't go to university because quite a few of her friends are choosing to do masters in their degrees because they are unable to find work.

There are so many backways into tertiary study, and if you really wish to do the course you will stick out those few months until you get in, and that is a learning curve in itself.

Freakstyler09

HSC
Not making it aye...

My rents always change their opinions of what they expect me to get.

One day their like u hav to get 90+

Next day its 80+

Then 70+

Then their like.."we just want you to turn into a good person after school..."

:chainsaw:
haha same here

HSC
Good to see that most people here seem to be keeping things in perspective. :)

We've all got the whole of the rest of our lives, so in the end...yeah well...ya know the drill. Here's something really cool one of my friends said to me when I was really freaking out about the trials:

The most important things you will take away from your 13 years of schooling do not relate to the HSC, something made painfully clear to my lot last year. You have already learnt so much, and gained so much, that will set you up for the rest of your life, simply about existing as a person. In terms of actual knowledge, the vast majority of the content of your HSC courses is irrelevant once you get to uni - particularly for you with the humanities subjects you are doing. As long as you can take away the broader concepts and the general attitudes/skills of the subject then you have got the point of it. The HSC then presents you with two opportunities - firstly a challenge, a goal to work towards (which is nice, but you set your own goals and that will determine how much stress you should have), and secondly a way to get into uni. You will surprise yourself with how well you do - the HSC is less difficult than they make it out to be.
I just thought that was really good to hear from someone who'd already done it. In her year, two people died, one in an accident and the other jumped off the school building. It was so sad, they both had their whole lives in front of them. And I remember at the funeral of the boy who suicided seeing how many people were there and wishing that he could've seen how many loved him and would've given anything to stop him...people who, in the end, didn't give a shit what ATAR/UAI he got.

Okay, parentish rant over.

I'm just as nervous as the rest of you. Lol.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)