Now tell me this isn't evil. (1 Viewer)

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
I have no words that would properly express my outrage at this story.

*Grumbles quietly to himself*

Tangent

HSC
its things like these that make me angry, y cant some people use logic n empathy to solve problems

Last edited:

broskies1

Bachelor Law/Arts
HSC
Thank God the church's have less power and influence then what they used to have. Otherwise this girl would have never been able to get the abortion in the first place. I myself , a catholic believe the churches go too far by twisting and manipulating what the bible preaches. i have faith in the bible but not in the churches.

Venetiad

HSC
Eh? WTF you one about?
If the girl's surroundings (ie, family, government etc.) were all secular, the girl would have the right to choose for herself, and not have ridiculous pressure from other people.

Secular Life, you always win.

Ak0ona-Matata

HSC
Well if medical opinion said that she would certainly die, I would offer that two lives can be better than one. That sort of self-sacrifice would be a beautiful example to the world

/flees to fort

like we really need the concept of self-sacrifice to be embedded into religion even more than it already is.

4lettersdown

HSC
I think that the excommunication isnt the issue (well it is an issue obviusly but id like to focus on another one). why is there an increased amount of Incest globally (at least portrayed in the media)?
There are two ways of viewing this.
I suppose one could say that since secular society strayed from the church, and causes a loss of moral direction, in which anything is justified for pleasure. this argument appears quite valid, (and I would take a very small percentage rise of sexual delinquents to finally bury god) and is fairly logical.
a counter argument could be that this is a residue of the sexually oppressive society that is the church. Its fairly plain that something that is seen as taboo is lent a certain sexual allure to some people (read: fetish). paedophilia and incest are fetishes, albeit extreme ones. what im rather awkwardly trying to postulate is that when sex itself was taboo, only 100 years ago, such indecent acts were possibly more common because of repressed desire in "proper society". its hard to tell though, because a sexually free society has of course coincided with a more open media, therefore a media more likely to post scandalous stories rather than hush them up. (and as a side note, the "celebrity culture" that im none to fond of has probably created quite a few people who would gladly generate scandal by screwing over their family by divulging their secrets to the media for their 5 mins of fame. bleh)
both of these ideas, i beleive, are equally valid, and , like everything else, which one you subscribe to is determined by you religion etc. im more of an agnostic than an athiest, and if I would cringingly call myself an atheist I would group myself with the few who dislike indulging in pointless church bashing, as completely barring the church an saying only retards and gayhaters attend makes you as fascist as the thing you are trying to destroy(and im not saying that the church is that fascist, but it is a lil).

sorry if the above is a bit indechipherable, but the story just got me stream of consiusness-ing on an idea ive held dear for a while (ie that a sexually repressive society creates sexual deviants.)

4lettersdown

HSC
I think at the core of this debate is two vital questions:
How is babby formed?
How girl get pragnent?

they really need to figure out how to do way instain mother....

Edit:
University of Sydney Library /All Locations
its true what they say, nothing is new under the sun. thought i didnt really think the idea was all that new, just some people dont get it

Last edited:

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I think at the core of this debate is two vital questions:
How is babby formed?
How girl get pragnent?

they really need to figure out how to do way instain mother....

Edit:

its true what they say, nothing is new under the sun. thought i didnt really think the idea was all that new, just some people dont get it
Or you could go with the simple and logical explanation that incest isn't actually more prevelant in today's society, it just gets more media coverage than before and there is a greater awareness of it's drawbacks which makes people more likely to report it.

4lettersdown

HSC
Or you could go with the simple and logical explanation that incest isn't actually more prevelant in today's society, it just gets more media coverage than before and there is a greater awareness of it's drawbacks which makes people more likely to report it.
dude sorry for being a bit roundabout, but that was my point exactly. but also part of my point was that even though we say we have thrown of the shackles of religion and entered a sexually free society, a lot of remnant of the old ways remain... and should be flushed from the system...

drunkmonkey9

HSC
Just because one man is an extremist doesnt mean thats what all religious people think... If the guy is so stupid to have that opinion he should keep it to himself... Id be outraged if i was the father of that girl.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Just because one man is an extremist doesnt mean thats what all religious people think... If the guy is so stupid to have that opinion he should keep it to himself... Id be outraged if i was the father of that girl.
lolololololololol
Neg repped for being a tard.

miegoreng

HSC
LOL. fucking LOL with a capital L

now watch iron defend this.

and then LOL even more
"A new truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it” Max Planck

Iron's narrow mind won't change so just lol at them for now :)

Using some of Iron's beliefs, since the unborn are killed when there is abortion, they will not have the unfortunate chance of going to hell. So maybe, on the contrary, abortion IS good. Eliminating the chance of going to hell seems pretty good.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
"A new truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it” Max Planck

Iron's narrow mind won't change so just lol at them for now :)

Using some of Iron's beliefs, since the unborn are killed when there is abortion, they will not have the unfortunate chance of going to hell. So maybe, on the contrary, abortion IS good. Eliminating the chance of going to hell seems pretty good.
Depends whether you believe in Limbo or not. Although the Vatican officially abandonned that doctrine in 2006 I think it was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)