Now tell me this isn't evil. (1 Viewer)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
He went motherfucking nuts dude

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
So did Moses, Abraham, Judas and Lot's daughters.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Uuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

funsized

HSC
no way would all 3 lives would survive if she went though with it... so one live saved it better then none.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
no way would all 3 lives would survive if she went though with it... so one live saved it better then none.
A birth at the age of 9 would kill both of them, baby might have a chance.

A birth at the age of 9 with twins will defently kill all of them.

I believe abortion should be only used under these circumstances:
-If the mother is a child and cant physcially support a baby
-If the mother was raped.
-If the mother is at risk of dying, im not saying a small risk, a LARGE risk.

Abortion shouldnt be used under these circumstances:
-If the mother fucked up as a result of poor choice of not using contraception.
-If it will affect their "Social/Work life", linked to above example.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It's still hardly a great outcome to force someone to care for a child that they would otherwise destroy for selfish reasons...
These are deeper cultural issues about the value we all place on life. Rome is BURNING

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
It's still hardly a great outcome to force someone to care for a child that they would otherwise destroy for selfish reasons...
These are deeper cultural issues about the value we all place on life. Rome is BURNING
They screwed up, they must live with it.

Its like playing with fire, its stupid, but your going to live with the burns.

*Minka*

HSC
Well if medical opinion said that she would certainly die, I would offer that two lives can be better than one. That sort of self-sacrifice would be a beautiful example to the world

/flees to fort
You are fucked up.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Abortion shouldnt be used under these circumstances:
-If the mother fucked up as a result of poor choice of not using contraception.
-If it will affect their "Social/Work life", linked to above example.
What if the mother was using contraception and she was one of the unlucky few for which it fails?

*Minka*

HSC
How much do you want to bet that these assholes don't excommunicate the sick, vile, disgusting man that abused this poor little girl?

Nice to see they have thier piorities straight!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I think that only the mother was excommunicated? I assume that there was some prior discussion with the Church beforehand, and she (understandably) refused to take the advice given. In some ways, the Bishop was bound to excommunicate her?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
The doctors who performed the abortion was excommunicated too, I believe.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
They screwed up, they must live with it.

Its like playing with fire, its stupid, but your going to live with the burns.
But then we ruin two lives. The mother is forced to give up on her future plans, and the child is resented and does not lead an emotionally fulfilling life. If the option is open for all but certain clauses make it difficult for her, then there should be no problem. For example, if the it is actively and consistently discouraged, if the mother is required to request an abortion on two seperate occasions to avoid spur of the moment decisions, and if she is psychologically evaluated and guided.

byrnekei

HSC
so if u think that life begins at birth, then what about a baby that is just about to be born? would u say that the difference between being human and not human is a layer of skin and fat that is the womb? when a baby kicks inside its mother, what do u think it is doing? would u not call that a "critical mental faculty", a lump of tissue and cells suddenly moving in response to some kind of stimulus? mate, if u truly look at things from a "physical point of view" then u r saying a human is created in the minutes it takes for a child to be born? that sounds pretty roundabout and hipocritial to me, not to mention illogical

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
so if u think that life begins at birth, then what about a baby that is just about to be born? would u say that the difference between being human and not human is a layer of skin and fat that is the womb? when a baby kicks inside its mother, what do u think it is doing? would u not call that a "critical mental faculty", a lump of tissue and cells suddenly moving in response to some kind of stimulus? mate, if u truly look at things from a "physical point of view" then u r saying a human is created in the minutes it takes for a child to be born? that sounds pretty roundabout and hipocritial to me, not to mention illogical
Who is this aimed at?
And you completely have the pro-choice side's argument of human creation wrong. No one in their sane mind would dare argue that human life begins at birth. That's just a stupid idea.
Human life either begins for us when the fetus is capable of surviving independant of the mother or before that when it's heart starts beating. Before that it's technically just a cancerous growth of tissue, with only the potential to become a human.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Actually I would argue that human life starts when its brain finishes developing and forming the structures needed to support sentience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)