NRL : The Official NRL Thread 2006 (1 Viewer)

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
in more updates:

Cowboys 24-0 in 29min .... omg

43 min: TRY Sydney Roosters
Cross strolls in under the posts, running off a brilliant ball from new recruit Braith Anasta.
Rabbitohs 18-12

48 min: TRY Sydney Roosters
Soliola scores an end to end try, a somewhat controversial one after Adrian Morley committed an illegal tackle on Ben Walker in the lead-up to the try.
Rabbitohs 18-16

DAMN SOUTH's DEFENCE

50 min: NEWS Adrian Morley on report for the tackle on Ben Walker.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Final score:

Roosters 40---Souths 22

Update:

Cowboys 36---Brisbane 0

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Morley should cop some time for his hit.

Roosters didn't deserve to win today from what I've seen on the news and read in reports .. it was only Morley taking out Walker (careless high tackle minimum, possibly reckless high tackle or attacking the head) which changed the complexion of the game.

Also, what a load of crap! Walker is lying on the ground, UNCONSCIOUS, and yet Robinson lets play go on. Roosters score a couple of plays later.

Having Brett Finch playing in the First Grade squad will continue to bring benefits for the Roosters.

The other two games .. well, who gives a stuff about Warriors and Storm? Chances are both will be near the bottom of the ladder. Only Storm can make the finals, and they'll have to play a lot better.

But Broncos and Cowboys! Now that's opening a can of whoop-ass! If Brisbane can't rely on early season form, then they won't even make the eight. Cowboys, however, should be looking at the Minor Premiership as a realistic goal.

HSC
If the roosters and in particular their f...wit of a coach can come out and honestly say that morley tackle was an "ACCIDENT" then i give up!! Thats like walking up to some1 in the st and knocking them senseless and saying oh wooops sorry my arm and shoulder just uncontrollably smack ur head crazy!!!

That ref, touchies and vid ref have all got rocks in their heads!!! WAT THE HELL WERE THEY WATCHING.

Ok yes souths prob wouldnt have won the game as we lost our play maker in walker, but to have something like that look like a bloody disgrace is crazy!!! We didnt even get a penalty out of anything!!!

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
brogan77 said:
LOLZ, sour grapes.
Roosters didn't beat my team today, so it isn't sour grapes. You'd be the one with cause for sour grapes with me, considering we beat you on Anzac Day and then smacked you by 40-odd points at the end of the season in your must-win match ;)

All I'm doing is pointing out the injustice of it all for the Souths supporters.

Like lil_georgie_gal said, they didn't even get a penalty out of it. How the hell can a player go on report and not concede a penalty?! Except in a punchup, I guess, but referees are reluctant to place fighters on report, preferring to either bin them or send them off.

Instead of being given a rightful penalty, Souths were forced to concede a try.

It reeks of either crappy refereeing (and officialling) or biased decision-making. Take your pick. Either way, the try should not have been awarded, Souths should have been given a penalty, and Morley should be suspended.

Good way to win a match, though. Take out the opposition's best player on the day.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Haha, that's not the point ;)

T'was just saying that my remonstrations with the final result today weren't because I had sour grapes :p

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Roosters didn't deserve to win today from what I've seen on the news and read in reports .. it was only Morley taking out Walker (careless high tackle minimum, possibly reckless high tackle or attacking the head) which changed the complexion of the game.
Hardly. As McRae said, if you let in 34 points in the second half you dont deserve to win. If Walker had not been forced out, the score might have been 30 to 20, but the rabbits would still have lost. if anything, souths ran out of steam in the 2nd half, just as roosters lifted to a nother level, perhaps due to injury to geddes and that other bloke whose name i cant pronounce in combination with walker being concussed. Regardless, if the roosters didnt deserve to win, then theres no way in hell south did after conceding 34 pts in 30 minutes.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
I think its great that Wests Tigers were the first joint-venture to win a premiership.

And everyone thought St.George Illawarra was goin to be a success. lol

just jokin i'm sure they will still finish top 4

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
sorry if this has been bought up before, but I have heard that St George-Ilawarra are reverting back to St George and playing all games back at Kogarah after next year, is there any truth to this rumour????

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
i doubt that...

other news, barret likely to miss this weekends game because he is in hospital

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
sweet_as said:
sorry if this has been bought up before, but I have heard that St George-Ilawarra are reverting back to St George and playing all games back at Kogarah after next year, is there any truth to this rumour????
Well there was an article about it in the Illawarra Mercury on 9/3/06 (Edit: This was mistakenly written as 9/3/03 before):

Doust douses threat of lobby group influencing Dragons set-up

By LUKE KEENAN

Illawarra Mercury - 9/3/06

THE Return To Kogarah group is stepping up its campaign to slash Illawarra's status in the joint venture Dragons.

Three spots on the St George Leagues Club board are up for grabs during a four-day ballot, starting Monday week, and R2K has endorsed three of the nine candidates.

The group espouses charging the Steelers full interest on their multi-million-dollar loan to bring in an additional chunk of revenue to the leagues club. R2K also wants to hold at least half of the Dragons' games at Oki Jubilee Stadium each year and increase the ground's capacity.

For the 2006 season, counting the pre-season trial against the Roosters, seven matches will be played in Wollongong and five at Kogarah.

But Illawarra supporters of the red and whites need not panic just yet, given it would take years for the group to possibly control the board, with only three board members up for re-election each year.

Among the nominated candidates this time around are Dragons chairman Warren Lockwood and former Dragons chief executive Brian Johnston.

"When we've been back at Kogarah for more than three years, it strikes me as quite unusual that that organisation still exists," Dragons chief executive Peter Doust said.

"But it is a democratic society and there's nothing wrong with people standing for election to the St George Leagues Club board."

Doust added that the loan arrangement with the Steelers was a complex issue regularly re-assessed.

"Those arrangements are always under review by the board of St George Leagues Club, but we feel that the best interests of rugby league long term are for the Steelers to be viable," he said.

"And so what we're trying to do is help them to sustain a long-term future. I think just promoting the fact of paying interest is not necessarily taking all the commercial circumstances into account."

As far as the split of games between Wollongong and Kogarah, Doust said that was not a matter for the leagues club.

"That's not a leagues club issue anyway, it's a St George Illawarra Dragons issue and those things are quantified in the joint venture agreement, so I don't know why that's a platform for a St George Leagues Club election," he said.

Doust was proud of the developments at Oki Jubilee, including the installation of new lights: "I appreciate their interest, but I challenge anybody to be critical of what we've achieved in the last few years."
So yeah .. make of that what you will.

Last edited:

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Bookie said:
hey kimi. hows adrian baby going?
Go suck a penis Bookie.

Moz should get about 2-3 weeks for the careless tackle. Im not complaining, it WAS ugly. LoL, i was watching the news today and Walker called Sticky a whinger. I thought that was funny cos he, himself, was whinging about being knocked out and it hurting. HELLO, its football not ballet. The chances of being knocked out in tackles is preety fucking high. Oh and the point of it being preety damn hypocritical to go complaining about someone whinging when your whinging about someone whinging.

It was an accident. Moz is too beautiful to go around "purposely" rendering people unconscious anyway. Get over it.

Besides the Morley Incident and the hype around it, we played wayy better than the Souths on Sunday performance-wise. There was no way Souths could of caught up to us in the 2nd half anyway, so stop using the Morley Incident and the Ref as an excuse. Stop whinging about losing and supposed ref-bias and shut the fuck up.

HSC
kimi said:
LoL, i was watching the news today and Walker called Sticky a whinger. I thought that was funny cos he, himself, was whinging about being knocked out and it hurting. HELLO, its football not ballet. The chances of being knocked out in tackles is preety fucking high. Oh and the point of it being preety damn hypocritical to go complaining about someone whinging when your whinging about someone whinging.
Hahaha, i was thinking the same thing when i was watching the news! Hopefully he'll only get 2 weeks...

Jiga

I choose... :sex: (wish there was one of those )
You've never had that option in life m8 :D

As for Morley, he'd be stupid to try and fight it, 2 weeks is good, but I like what Walker had to say on the matter regarding Stuart (So true as well):

"I wish he would stop whingeing and have a look at it and actually admit what happens and get on with it, because I'm sick to the back teeth of seeing him up there whingeing. It's giving me the shits."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)