NRL : The Official NRL Thread 2006 (1 Viewer)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
That was a great game to watch, but i missed the final try. Jason Cat Ryles causing trouble as usual I see. Gasnier's 1st and 3rd tries were solid, though expect union to snap him up soon :D

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Well pretty good game to start the season, and both teamz were a bit rusty and it showed by the number of mistakez in the game. Dragonz didn't have luck wit em on the night, and that can set the tone fo another underachievin season, which I reckon iz very likely to happen.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I don't think this was another one of the Dragons usual pathetic starts to the season... I just think the Tigers were a bit too good for them.

The Dragons will finish in the top 4 and they have the potential to win the comp but that has been true for a couple of years. They have plenty of rep playes, as they have had for a while now, it's just the team strategy that lets them down. I think it's time for a coaching change. The Dragons are a stronger bunch of individuals but at the moment they are a weaker team than the Tigers are.

I tipped the Dragons by 14. I seriously under-estimated the Tigers. After tonight I actually think they have a better side than they did last year.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Brogan,

We suck serious wang because the ball hit the crossbar and caused the Tigers to score?

Meh, I'm not too disappointed by tonight's loss. I feel robbed, but not overly upset at our team's performance. Poor discipline on our part and our typical bad luck hurt us, as it so often does.

Sure, they had something like 20 completions and 20 errors, but going by the way they normally start the season, I won't complain.

Panthers next week at the 'Gong. We should win that.

Disappointed by Cooper's showing in his 100th. Barrett had a shocker. Ryles was our worst player on the field tonight because he was too overzealous. Gasnier did almost everything he could to win us the game, but unfortunately (just like the Prelim Final last year) rushed up out of the defensive line and Marshall get in behind him.

If I was a bookmaker, I wouldn't be rushing to lengthen the odds on us winning Minor Premiership or what have you just yet. With Timmo, Bestie, Creagh all about to return, and Matt Head about a month away, it looks good for us provided we don't sustain any serious injuries now.

On another positive note, at least we're not last :)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
^LOL

Dragonz didn't do anythin to convince me they're gon have a cracker of a season, but I'll wait fo the other resultz til I make a judgement on the teamz to watch. I just hope my team can come good after the disappointment of last season.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
I agree with Dragonz, Cooper did nothing in his 100th =/. It was like he wasnt interested in the game at all, he did nothing in attack.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
brogan77 said:
No, you suck serious wang because your captain can't take a hit. ;)
Oh well, came out today that Barrett was terribly sick, and hadn't eaten anything in the last three days, whilst suffering intense diarrhoea.

On that note, I am now proud of his effort. To be able to tough it out for 80 minutes with absolutely no energy took a lot of guts, and he tried his hardest.

Anyway, spoilers about tonight's matches ahead:

Newcastle Knights 25 vs 6 Parramatta Eels -- Knights are the real deal if Joey stays fit.

Manly Sea Eagles 14 vs 27 Canberra Raiders -- Raiders start the season strongly again, Manly disappointing. New halves combination not working well just yet.

Canterbury Bulldogs 22 vs 24 Penrith Panthers -- Both teams terrible, but looked OK in patches. Panthers with the points.

So my tipping is shot .. 1/4, thanks to Newcastle. Have a feeling that not TOO many people did much better, though.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
LMF^^ said:
^LOL

Dragonz didn't do anythin to convince me they're gon have a cracker of a season, but I'll wait fo the other resultz til I make a judgement on the teamz to watch. I just hope my team can come good after the disappointment of last season.
Read the spoiler above ;-)

Turns out that your team was far worse than mine in Round 1, according to Warren Ryan. He said on Round 1 performances, Dragons would have beaten both your team and Panthers.

Hopefully we can beat the Panthers NEXT week ..

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
DRAGONZ said:
Read the spoiler above ;-)

Turns out that your team was far worse than mine in Round 1, according to Warren Ryan. He said on Round 1 performances, Dragons would have beaten both your team and Panthers.

Hopefully we can beat the Panthers NEXT week ..
I'm pretty pissed off, I don't really give a shit about performancez atm since itz only the beginnin but the important thing iz to get the pointz. Sonny Bill iz startin to waste our salary space and I hope he doez some seriouz shit when he comez back or elz he can fuck off elz where.

outwide

HSC
first of all i'll say that i'm a roosters fan, bias aside i think that roosters are a chance of a top four placing on the table this year last year we lacked that halves combination which meant we had no real driving forces in attack this year gaining braith anasta will mean were able to vary our attack alot more and should also bring a way better kicking game to the field.

team to win this year: possibly the knights if they can remain injury free they have a couple of young blokes coming up and lets pray joey can stay in one piece.

wooden spooners: storm, only because they lost orfard who really stood out for the storm in the previous years.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
I never thought i'd see it.... a bulldogs fan also a fan of english soccer

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
If warriors get lose this week, i'm tippin them for spooners

outwide

HSC
lacked the halves combination last year

my bad typing to quick

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
anyway i was happy with first round bein a tiger's fan... injuries a concern though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)