• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL : The Official NRL Thread 2006 (2 Viewers)

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
brogan77 said:
:(:(

We're fucked for this season

and now morley's gone we're fucked for next season.

:(:(
HA! your screwed? Parras got so many problems, on AND off the field.

what is the matta parramatta?

rabbitohs next week, i never thought they would be competition for the eels, things change...

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Haha, Anasta and Finch are shit.

I knew this would happen. That's why I tipped QLD. Big deal, they'll win this game and be like "We told you so blah blah blah" then NSW will win 398470874567465-0 in the decider.

I'm kind of worried about us not having the home ground advantage though. Fucking shit NRL and their insistance on promoting the game in Melbourne.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Finch has definately got to go. He has always been shit but because he kicked that field goal last game everyone thought he was good for a while and he got picked again. I think Anasta should also be dropped. I'd put Preston and Gower in the halves.

NSW have played shit but QLD have done really well. They have also tackled smart. They are getting the NSW forwards by the legs to stop them powering over the top of them. And because the halves are so shit NSW are just running one out and not doing anything.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
gower yes, not sure bout preston - dont want 2 ragdolls in the side. nsw dont really have any good 5/8. come back freddie lmao.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
gower yes, not sure bout preston - dont want 2 ragdolls in the side. nsw dont really have any good 5/8. come back freddie lmao.
That is why I suggested preston just because of his combination with gower really. Anasta is worse except he is just bigger.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Bookie said:
Hill and Dykes are more than worthy.
Geyer could also do really well.

So you'd replace the team coming 11ths halves with the team coming 12ths? You're as good as a NSW selector.
It's not about the teams ranks. Gower and Preston are better than Finch and Anasta.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
I think everyone underestimates the importance of the forwards pack. The only reason the halves combination played so shit last night was because the our forwards were dominated to the point, our halves couldnt move nor attack. I think the focus should be on how to fix this, rather than just trying to change the halves combo completely and leaving it as that. We won game one cos our forward pack dominated from the beginning and thats why Finch and Anasta was able to be let loose.

However I say replace Finch with Gower. As for Anasta- i think he made mistakes but he coped generally well and he played alright against a very motivated and dominated QLD team. I think he should stay. Just dont stick Finch and Anasta together- look at Roosters and ive proven my point.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
It's not about the teams ranks. Gower and Preston are better than Finch and Anasta.
it is about the teams ranks. you pick form players. not shit players. orford and hill deserve the job. hell, no one mentions kimmorley and he just one of his best ever games last weekend. kimmorley threw one intercept pass last year after playing a whole game behind a shit forward pack. last night theres a shit forward pack and anasta throws two itercepts. what a dick. and finch has always been shit since he left the raiders.

QUEENSLANDER!

EDIT: Whats with people wanting Finch out and giving Anasta a second chance? Ansta played a whole lot shitter than Finch and at least Finch contributed to defence. Anasta didnt tackle, and his passes were to QLD, and not one of his kicks evaded the fullback. What shithouseness.

<3 Roy and HG "And there goes Hodges running into "THE HOLE" ['the hole' being anasta]. now "the hole"'s in a hole, thats a massive hole"

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
Hold on, which team was it that lost to the Rabbitohs??
I think our reserve team might've lost to them, now which team isn't in the top 8?

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
kimi said:
I think everyone underestimates the importance of the forwards pack. The only reason the halves combination played so shit last night was because the our forwards were dominated to the point, our halves couldnt move nor attack.
That's definitely true.

However, there is one simple thing a halves combination can do when the forwards get dominated. And that's to drop another couple of metres deeper.

It gives them more time, it automatically creates a deeper backline, and with Queensland's up-and-in defence, they become very susceptible to long cut-out passes. We saw that at the end of the match, when NSW decided to chance their arm .. King made a 50 metre run, and I think Gasnier made a 40 metre run, not too sure.

I'm not saying this out of bias towards the Dragons, but the MOST IMPORTANT thing for NSW's attack is to get early ball to Mark Gasnier when he is in space. He is the best centre in the world, and when he has 5 or 10 metres of space to work in, he becomes unstoppable when on-song.

And outside of him in Matt King, who has shown himself to be one of NSW's best in every match he's played. He'll finish pretty much everything Gasnier creates for him.

A game which followed an almost identical path for the first half was Game 1, 2005. Queensland were up 19-0 in that match, from memory. In the second half, Trent Barrett decided he would throw the ball wide, early in the tackle count, and give Gasnier time and space. He carved up Queensland's left defence, and it resulted in NSW scoring consecutive tries, getting the momentum, scoring a couple of more .. and taking the lead. What happened after that is Kimmorley folklore, but the point is still valid.

Whoever our halves are in Game 3, they must drop deeper if the forwards are losing the battle, and give long cut-outs to Gasnier and Cooper. Finch and Anasta tried last night .. it was just they were incompetent and either threw it along the ground or straight to Queensland players.

The State of Origin is still well and truly up for grabs.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Finch is SHIT!!!, so is KITE!! omg how did they get into the team?? wtf is going on???

gower is way better.... anasta is lucky to be in the team.

gower & anasta combo is a lot better.

saying tat queensland owned NSW.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
martin88 said:
lol...... is that a joke??
No, ive always been a fan of Matt Geyers and I belived he warranted a place in the NSW side last year, let alone this year. He's like Steve Menzies (considering Menzies is now a forward) of the backs. He wont put a foot wrong.

As for the halves why do people suggest Gower? Seriously, there are two form halfbacks in Kimmorley and Orford who are having blinders, and people want to select the injured 12th place halfback. NSW fans are just as stupid as the selectors. Farken hell. And Thommo and Gallen deserve a go too. They always have. Even when Thommo was at the Stains, he was a week in week out workhorse, and how him and Gallen are playing out of their skin. But alas, shithouse O'Donnell and Janet Ryles somehow get shots ahead of them. As a club man and a QLDer, I dont mind it though, I just want what is best.

Hodgson - Tigers fans are biased, but others can see that Hornby would do a better job (or even Simmons LOL)
King - overrated, but theres no one to replace him.
Gasnier - played shithouse.
Tahu - see above. Cooper would be an equally shithouse replacement. Matt Geyer should be here.
Anasta - lol
Finch - lol
the back row - cant remember who they are, played shit
mason, omeley - shit
buderus - shit
wing - shit
kite - shit
menzies - pure legend.
everyone else from NSW - shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)