• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL : The Official NRL Thread 2006 (1 Viewer)

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Bookie said:
No, ive always been a fan of Matt Geyers and I belived he warranted a place in the NSW side last year, let alone this year. He's like Steve Menzies (considering Menzies is now a forward) of the backs. He wont put a foot wrong.

As for the halves why do people suggest Gower? Seriously, there are two form halfbacks in Kimmorley and Orford who are having blinders, and people want to select the injured 12th place halfback. NSW fans are just as stupid as the selectors. Farken hell. And Thommo and Gallen deserve a go too. They always have. Even when Thommo was at the Stains, he was a week in week out workhorse, and how him and Gallen are playing out of their skin. But alas, shithouse O'Donnell and Janet Ryles somehow get shots ahead of them. As a club man and a QLDer, I dont mind it though, I just want what is best.

Hodgson - Tigers fans are biased, but others can see that Hornby would do a better job (or even Simmons LOL)
King - overrated, but theres no one to replace him.
Gasnier - played shithouse.
Tahu - see above. Cooper would be an equally shithouse replacement. Matt Geyer should be here.
Anasta - lol
Finch - lol
the back row - cant remember who they are, played shit
mason, omeley - shit
buderus - shit
wing - shit
kite - shit
menzies - pure legend.
everyone else from NSW - shit.

Hodgson played well u stupid idiot..... saved a try and set up the try... Menzies played shithouse u loser

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
I have to agree. Hodgson played considerably better than his NSW counterparts. Sif say he was shit. I reckon he did a good job. He should retain his spot for Origin 3.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
From memory, that's what Anasta said on the Footy Show after Origin I. I could be mistaken.

Random News: Last I heard, Ashton Sims is going to the Roosters.

Bookie, you've either forgotten or are purposely forgetting City vs Country. It was yet another display of Orford being shithouse when his forwards don't win the territorial battle.

At Manly, he's played being a forward pack that IS on top most games. Mainly due to Ben Kennedy. And he's played well.

Also, he's had Steve Bell, what a star.

But yeah, point is that I don't think NSW are going to take the risk of playing Orford in case the forward pack gets touched up again, because he's proved time and again how crap and unimaginative he is in that situation.

I don't think it was coincidence that Penrith fired at the start of the season. Then, when Gower got smashed in the Parra game and started coughing up blood, they have gone shit since then. He's been out injured a bit himself.

If Mathew Head was match fit (which he won't be), I would take him into Origin III. He is a classy player who knows how to win matches. And has done it pretty often.

In fact, I'd pretty much take anybody over Finch and Anasta.

6. John Sutton
7. Joe Williams

I like it :)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Once again, shit form. Luckily Head, Morris and Gorrell got the boys out of jail.

The Cowboys will need to string a few wins together .. they'll thump the Dragons next week.

*SPOILER FOR TIGERS VS ROOSTERS PROGRESS SCORE*

50 minutes played:

Tigers 18 vs 10 Roosters

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Shizers, did anyone see Luke Williamson get knocked out? Went down like a ton of bricks.

I hope the Rabbits win...coz I tipped them, lol.

And it turns out I shouldn't be so trusting. Le sigh.

Last edited:

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Fucking Roosters. So much heartache in the space of a week. Cross gone :( MORLEY GONE :(:(:(:( Im gonna find room on my wrists to slash some more.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
broncos were unlucky to lose against the dragons. damn forward pass, changed the game and probably cost us the match! oh well, good effort especially seeing all the injuries we got by the end of the game. wouldnt be too happy with that win if i went for the saints, but a win is a win

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
sando said:
Roosters Season Is Over !!!!

Hahaha
lol ..

Yes, yes it is.

I didn't listen to the match (*is trying to be all study-study for Final exams*) .. but Mel told me that the Tigers were shit, and they tried to throw the game away. Roosters weren't good enough to score, though.

Something like that.

Anyshways, farken Storm are pwning the NRL this season.

Conclusions?

Cooper Cronk > Matt Orford ... and Greg Inglis > Steve Bell

Haha.

Craig Bellamy is a freak.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
fornstar said:
broncos were unlucky to lose against the dragons. damn forward pass, changed the game and probably cost us the match! oh well, good effort especially seeing all the injuries we got by the end of the game. wouldnt be too happy with that win if i went for the saints, but a win is a win
Yeah, we played shit (like I said a few posts above).

The consolation is that we can play so terribly -- I think it was only 30% completion rate? -- but still win a match.

And once Matty Head gets some more game time, our shit attack might finally start to get its act together.

Then, when Barrett, Payne, Sims, and Timmins all come back, we should improve.

For the moment, though, we're travelling poorly.

Cowboys will clean us up next week.

At least we get a bye the week after.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
i hate channel 9. it never shows the good teams or the good matches. fucking eels.

fTA broadcasts upto Rd 19

Matches shown (matches to be shown in next 4 rounds in brackets)

Storm 1 (2)
Broncos 6 (2)
Sharks 1 (2)
Bulldogs 4 (3)
Dragons 6 (1)
Knights 4 (1)
Manly 2 (2)
Cowboys 6 (-)
Tigers 7 (2)
Raiders 1 (-)
Panthers 5 (-)
Roosters 4 (1)
Warriors - (-)
Eels 10 (-) <<<<< FARKING HELL.
Souths 1 (-)

screw channel 9. screw sterlo and ray warrens love affairs with the eels.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
kimi said:
NRL? More like big gay men hugging each other.
More like, "Catch me and fuck me". HAWT.

Roosters Season is over, meh. It was over the moment Adrian Morley signed the 4year deal with Warrington Wolves. Actually, thats the moment my love for the Roosters immediately took a turn for the worst. Im so dissapointed.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Do you honestly beleive i'd change my support from Roosters to my MOST hated team the Broncos?, having supported the Easts for more than 10years now?! As much as the Roosters management sucks major wang, i love the club with all my heart and id die an Easts supporter.

Thats waf on my account. STFU JUSTIN.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
kimi said:
Which is why I've jumped ship.

Up the Broncs!
We all know it's not true.

But nevertheless, it's so typical of a Rorters fan.

Jump off the bandwagon once the wheels are broken.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)