• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL : The Official NRL Thread 2006 (1 Viewer)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
brogan77 said:
Hey Rob:

*Article Here*

Yeah thats right, Sticky Ricky knows the score. WINNAR!
Good for you guys, seriously. I was saying it the whole of last season .. seems that Stuart is only one year behind me (and many others). We'd all be such awesome coaches :p

kimi said:
Why not just drop fuckwit Finchy to Premier League instead? That was dum of Sticky, whats the tactical intelligence in all that?
Craig Wing off the bench is far more devastating than Craig Wing in the starting lineup, IMO. He is especially good at targeting tired forwards at the latter stages of a half, and he will do this best when he himself is fresh.

Another point (although not tactical) is that if Stuart still wants the occasional rub of the green from Robert Finch's boys, Brett Finch has to be in the 17 somewhere ;)

InFeRn0 said:
so who's going to the games this weekend?
*Raises hand*

Friday night at Telstra Stadium is my turn .. which I guess makes me first, lol.

We have Timmins, Creagh, Head and Best all out for the beginning of the season .. same old. Tigers have a couple of unimportant players out, plus Dene Halatau (who is important to them).

And last but not least, my favourite player Matt Cooper is playing his 100th game for the club on Friday. Congratulations Coops, you're a deadset champion.

Three sleeps to go! We are only about 70 hours away from the kickoff to the 2006 NRL season!!!!

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Woo, me goes Telstra on Saturday, to see Doggies lose shamefully to the Panthers. Smeh, seeing Sherwin will dull the pain for a little while...

Oh yeah, the last time I passed Belmore Sports Ground I saw a weird speck lining up balls in order to practice kicking goals. It definitely wasn't El Masri, and it was too fat to be Sherwin. I can't for the life of me figure out who it was, but it did look a little like Ryan (!!!). Maybe the train just went by too fast.

Bookie, Sullivan is teh secks. I saw him at Cronulla Subway a couple of months ago and it made my year *sighs*.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Warriors to upset Melbourne this weekend! Manu Vatuvei to cream Matt Gyer.

InFeRn0

HSC
brogan77 said:
Tips, tips, tips, tips:

Wests Tigers v Dragons
Knights v Eels
Bulldogs v Panthers
Sea Eagles v Raiders
Warriors v Storm
Broncos v Cowboys
Rabbitohs v Roosters

Winrars in bold...obviously.
you've got to be kidding me...
Knights winning without joey? is that really possible
the rest i agree with

EDIT... i take that back.. joey is playing.. Knights a certainty then

Last edited:
HSC
brogan77 said:
Tips, tips, tips, tips:

Wests Tigers v Dragons
Knights v Eels
Bulldogs v Panthers
Sea Eagles v Raiders
Warriors v Storm
Broncos v Cowboys
Rabbitohs v Roosters

Winrars in bold...obviously.
I agree with all of those, but i think broncos vs cowboys will be a close game...

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
I agree with all of those, but i think broncos vs cowboys will be a close game...
By that do you mean that all other six games won't be close?

From memory, those were the exact tips I chose .. haven't checked for weeks, though.

The three standout games are definitely Tigers vs Dragons, Knights vs Eels, Broncos vs Cowboys.

Brian Smith signed a three year deal with the Knights today, and with Hagan on a three year deal with Parramatta, it's a straight swap. How coincidental that they play each other in Round 1.

Jiga

1) Logical conclusion is, we are not.
Lol, I will bet my life that they are.... no way are teams like Warriors over and a team full of stars below the cap. They obviously have some very good Accountants and know alot of people up in high places in the NRL!

On a more NRL based topic, who gives a rats arse about rd 1, the 06 Premiers dont play till rd 2 where they are gonna put down da Brisbane Donkeys!!!!!!!!

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Sure you have.

At least .. you should have.

Schoolies, celebrate the fact that you will definitely be in the top eight at the conclusion of Round 1.

I know the Warriors beat Brisbane in Round 2 last season, but I'm not sure the Sharks can do it this year. I think they have too many new faces, so combinations won't gel properly under the pressure and intencity of a proper NRL game.

They're only chance will be for Kimmorley to win it off his own back, I reckon.

And by the way, I've stuck out of the discussion about the Sharks in here, but you guys all think having Simmons at fullback will be a good thing for your team. Ben Hornby has been especially devastating at fullback running off Barrett's ingenuity and the forwards' offloads. Lockyer (when he was fullback) and Minichiello are the best exponents of this aspect of the game, Billy Slater and Matt Bowen are awesome at it, and Brett Hodgson did it very well last season. With a player of Simmons's speed running off Ross's shoulder or Kimmorley's/Dykes's sleight of hand, I think you'll be surprised at how many tries he may score from this scenario.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Just visited LU to find that the Guru thinks the Sharks will finish between 13-15. And another analyst there predicts somewhere between 11-15. That blows. I hope we finish below 11 just so that analyst is proven wrong. Anyway, I dont think the side is in to bad a shape. If Kimmorley is injured, that would probably be the season. Would that mean we'd have to throw Kingston in?

Jiga

I know the Warriors beat Brisbane in Round 2 last season, but I'm not sure the Sharks can do it this year. I think they have too many new faces, so combinations won't gel properly under the pressure and intencity of a proper NRL game.
Yes and No. I dont think forming combinations will be a major problem, in our game against the dogs which yes was a trial but nevertheless in the small periods where we had decent players on the field our attack was very potent! But the problem for rd2 is that their are a few solid 1st graders in doubt for it, and others who are just coming off injuries... this is my worry. Further down the season with a full strength side I think they will go well.

Schoolies, celebrate the fact that you will definitely be in the top eight at the conclusion of Round 1.
I think they will be, maybe they will go furhter as well.... a nice touch this year will be them wearing the retro jersey more frequently and steve rogers' name under our badge... both those things should give them alittle bit extra in the tough times!!

And by the way, I've stuck out of the discussion about the Sharks in here, but you guys all think having Simmons at fullback will be a good thing for your team. Ben Hornby has been especially devastating at fullback running off Barrett's ingenuity and the forwards' offloads. Lockyer (when he was fullback) and Minichiello are the best exponents of this aspect of the game, Billy Slater and Matt Bowen are awesome at it, and Brett Hodgson did it very well last season. With a player of Simmons's speed running off Ross's shoulder or Kimmorley's/Dykes's sleight of hand, I think you'll be surprised at how many tries he may score from this scenario.
Ive always been saying that m8, although to be honest I think Albert would be better at that role becasue Simmons although not being slow isnt THAT fast, nevertheless I think he will add alot more than Peachey did playing a more traditional fullback roll.... running onto the playmakers into gaps etc. He is also very good under the high ball, his defence is suspect but he can pull some good tackles out of his arse which is all you expect from a FB.... if he needs to be making to many tackles well then something is wrong up in the line of defence! Its also of note that Simmons gots the most tries for us in 05..... playing out of position!

The only real thing I dont like about him is that at times he runs like a pansy..... he needs abit more grunt, and he showed in da final against the dragons last year that he can have aggression.... but he needs to continue that on for the whole season.

EDIT:

LU have us at like 13, saying we will be in the running for the wooden spoon.... honeslty I have taken a screen shot and saved it for when we make the 8 and Im gonna shuv it down that retards guru's throat...... I will bet my house which doesnt exist yet on us easily doing better than the spoon.... kimmorley alone will ensure we dont get it let alone ross, thompson, albert, vagana, gallen the list goes on of quality players that are not spoon material.

Last edited by a moderator:

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Gotcha. Perhaps you noticed where I fucked up in that quote .. should have been "you guys all reckon that Simmons is a shit option, but I think he isn't".

But yes.

TODAY IS THE DAY! NRL 2006 IS HERE!!!!!!!!oneone111one!!

FARRRRRRRRRRK I AM SO PUMPED!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)