NRL : The Official NRL Thread 2006 (1 Viewer)

HSC
i cant believe the storms won they were sooooooooo shit
i cant wait until they play AND lose their next game

that whole game was a waste of time

so pissed :chainsaw: :mad: :vcross: :mad: :angry: :burn:

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
Bit pissed with my Broncos. I didn't think they would win, but I thought it would go alot better than 20-4. The whole team played crappy (even Lockyer????), but they play the Knights this Saturday and hopefully all will go well. I still predict a Broncos v Storm grand final.
In response to the biggest hitter in the game -> I'd have to agree with Tonie Carroll (who had a big hit on some big Dragons guy on Sat.), but Webcke is good as well...

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
:(

Its not all that bad, after nearly being last we got into the top 8, and the first team to do so after a mid-season coach change...still, it would of been good to go even one step further.

veridis

droog
HSC
yep, i was ready for a loss cause melbourne have been awesome all season but to lose because of a crappy reffing decision and to a melbourne team playing as bad as i'm seen em for a few months is still disapointing

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah disappointing that the eels lost
i was shocked that the score was only 12-6
now cheering for manly

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
veridis said:
yep, i was ready for a loss cause melbourne have been awesome all season but to lose because of a crappy reffing decision and to a melbourne team playing as bad as i'm seen em for a few months is still disapointing
They didnt exactly lose because of the disallowed try to Morrison, it just made it harder for them to win it, but lets not forget that the Eels definately had their chances and failed to take them.

Melbourne played with absolutely zilch intensity and enthusiasm in the second half, and although I wont go as far as saying they deserved to lose, they certainly werent the team out there that managed to win the minor premiership by 8 points.

Sometimes when the Storm have been poor in attack and had similar second halves like the Parra game, it has been their defence that has got them home. The Billy Slater tackle on Brett Delaney, or the (albeit controversial) holding up of Morrison by Cameron Smith, if those tackles hadnt of been made, it could of been a very different result.

Look for the Storm to have Bellamy drill them hard over the next two weeks and we will be sure to see a different side come the last match before the grand finals. If poor second halves in matches throughout the season are anything to go off, and what Bellamy has done post-match in these matches, you wont see the Storm drop intensity in their next match, which is sudden death.

Im tipping for either a 1. Dragons v Storm, or 2. Bulldogs v Storm

Last edited:

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
w00t, what a fluke win against Brisbane!

Our luck's out, though .. no Gasnier = no win.

Dragons vs Sea Eagles
Knights vs Broncos

I really can't decide the second game, it's a deadset toss of the coin at the moment. Buderus is gone for six weeks, as he deserved to be. But Johns is still a master, and with Thaiday coming into fullback, Gidley at five-eighth, Mullen can slot into hooker and be very versatile.

Broncos will have the advantage up front, but so much depends on Johns and Lockyer here .. I think Brisbane will get over the line, because Buderus is such a huge loss for the Knights.

I'll be going on Friday arvo after my exams finish to watch the Dragons .. in Flegg, Premier League and First Grade, hopefully.

I don't like our chances against Manly, though. They have been very impressive the whole of the last month, beating the Dogs, pushing Melbourne to the end, and same with Newcastle .. if Orford could have kicked truer, they would have won. Kennedy will be fired up for what may be his last game of NRL, and Gasnier out is a huge blow. Matty Head is still not match-fit enough to play most of the game, so he'll only be used again in the last 25-30, I presume.

Dragons should have the advantage up front, Bailey and Ryles are both in-form and are frankly better props than Kite and King. Missing Dean Young hurts our forwards, but Monaghan hasn't been an awe-inspiring hooker this season.

Millard will be targeted by Orford's kicking game, and with the inexperienced Morris on that side of the field too, the Sea Eagles are looking at a goldmine.

otay

HSC
What a performance. Complete domination. So many players played brilliantly, but can't go past Morris. Brilliant under high ball in defence, great winger. Naquima was great too and fuck Bailey where's he pulling all of this razzle from? I think they are a Huge chance next week against the Storm up here. BUT, this season has proved harder to pick than last.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
The Sydney Roosters have this afternoon appointed former Australian and two time premiership winning coach, Chris Anderson, as head coach.

Anderson has agreed to a two year contract to coach of the Sydney Roosters in their historic 100th season in 2007 and the games Centenary in 2008.

Roosters Chairman Nick Politis was enthusiastic about the appointment.

“Chris’ appointment follows a detailed selection process over many weeks.

“Chris brings with him a wealth of coaching and playing experience.

“Above this is his outstanding record as a mentor to young players in their rugby league careers.

“Naturally, with Chris’ experience and success comes an ability to develop a winning culture at the Roosters.

“I am also pleased to announce that Brad Fittler will join Chris as his Assistant Coach”, he concluded.

Anderson joins the Roosters after leading the Canterbury Bulldogs and the Melbourne Storm to NRL premierships in 1995 and 1999 respectively and enjoyed 5 successful years as Australian Coach from 1999-2003.

Anderson has played 232 first grade games for the Canterbury Bulldogs between 1971-84 and represented Australia in 8 Tests, the 1975 World Cup and two Kangaroos Tours in 1978 and 1982. Anderson was also a member of the Widnes Challenge Cup winning side in 1974-75.

Anderson was captain-coach of Halifax RLFC from 1985-88 where he enjoyed great success including the 1986-87 Challenge Cup victory against St Helens.

“To join the only Australian Foundation Club, to have played ever year in their 100th season is a great honour.

“I wish to genuinely thank the Board of Directors and the club for having confidence in me to carry on the great traditions of the Sydney Roosters”. Anderson concluded.

An announcement regarding the full coaching structure will be made within the next fortnight.
:confused:

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
w00t for a second win. That's '92, '93 and '96 done and dusted. Up to '99 now. And if we win, then it will be time to avenge '85, and that'll be all she wrote.

Melbourne are the best team in the competition.

Dragons are the form team of the competition.

Whatever the result, the quality of the Storm vs Dragons game should far surpass that of Bulldogs vs whoever.

Gasnier back next week, sweeeeet.

Gaz + Coops vs Inglis + King .. amazing.

Hopefully more than 50,000 Dragons supporters there next Saturday.

Chris Anderson is a numbskull.

I do think it's pretty funny that John Lang wasn't "considered", because he's the best coach around that isn't signed to a club. I think it was more a case of Lang not wanting to set foot anywhere near Bondi Junction.

The Scum should sack Raper and re-sign Lang.

The Roosters will be doing very well to make the Finals next season.

That said, I think I said at the start of the season that Melbourne, despite being there or thereabouts, would struggle to make the eight.

And they will win the comp .. :confused: :bomb:

HSC
the stupidest game that ever existed...bloody knights...they didnt do shit...how the hell do they lose 50-6 ... although it was kind of obvious that they were going to lose when johns missed the first kick...still they played pretty shit

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
Go Broncos. Hopefully they can do the same thing to the Bulldogs on Friday...

ledzeppelin

HSC
I'm looking at a big Saturday next weekend
Jets in the Jim Beam Cup final
Jets in the Premier League Prelim
then the awesome Storm v. Dragons game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)