• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiga

Its been an unexpected start to the season, but something which was expected (by the smart ppl at least), is the sharks gunning it!! 2/3 wins soon to be 3/4 as we slaughter the cheaters this weekend. Nutley and Stevens are baaaaaak!! Premiership 2005 - Cronulla Sharks

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Schoolies_2004 said:
Its been an unexpected start to the season, but something which was expected (by the smart ppl at least), is the sharks gunning it!! 2/3 wins soon to be 3/4 as we slaughter the cheaters this weekend.
It has been an unexpected start to the season, but it will be that way no longer. Bulldogs will slaughter the Sharkies this weekend.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Its been an unexpected start to the season, but something which was expected (by the smart ppl at least), is the sharks gunning it!! 2/3 wins soon to be 3/4 as we slaughter the cheaters this weekend. Nutley and Stevens are baaaaaak!! Premiership 2005 - Cronulla Sharks

pHHHHAA

Sharks rely too much on kimmorley - Manly promptly showed that. You'd better hope he plays every other game.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Smokey_22 said:
pHHHHAA

Sharks rely too much on kimmorley - Manly promptly showed that. You'd better hope he plays every other game.
Most teams rely heavily on their 5/8 or half back, not just the sharks.. You take out the orfords,johns,lockyers,jones,barretts etc from a team and they start playing one dimensional footy.

M | |< E

HSC
Weren't the Sharks lucky to win on the weekend? Apparently Parramatta had a couple of tries disallowed, I don't know the circumstances but from what I've heard Parramatta were hard done by. The Sharks also only beat Parramatta by only 8 points and only scored 18 points altogether and from what we've seen this season it seems that the Parramatta forward pack tires easily, Souths were nearly able to put 50 against the Eels because of this.

So far this season we've seen the Sharks
- beat a rusty Penrith side that is steadily improving
- get thrashed by Manly as was expected
- defeat a tired Parramatta side in an unconvincing fashion

IMO the Sharks have had the least impressive wins this season and have been very lucky, expect the Bulldogs to fire this weekend, I'm positive that they can put 50 against the Sharks this weekend.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
copious said:
Most teams rely heavily on their 5/8 or half back, not just the sharks.. You take out the orfords,johns,lockyers,jones,barretts etc from a team and they start playing one dimensional footy.

Too true - but especially with the sharks.

Cronulla without kimmorley is like a half dead orienteerer without a compass.

:)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Tonga is due, i expect a big game from him. Anasta looks to be hitting form and Sonny Bill is doing his usual impact without even having to score.

The eels totally stuffed themselves when recruiting. They knew they needed a good 5/8 or halfback yet they buy a shitload of forwards every year and think they can entrust the play making duties to a former utility/hooker and a rookie in tim smith. bye bye eels for another season.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Sharks to win..... soon

You guys are wrong about the sharks, they have 2 bad years and have been rebuilding the side. they made some dumb moves like getting rid of Franze, but they should have a better season than the last 2 years, and to say that the win against the panthers is nothing, i wouldnt agree. They had 3 rusty players 14 players had played pre-season, you cant base a team on 3 players can you? Anyway.... Go Sharkies

Jiga

Sharks rely too much on kimmorley
Obviously Adam Dykes doesnt exist, they guy who single handedly beat Penrith in Rd 1! And we will also forget Paul Gallen who like up their currently in the NRL for tackles per game. And forget Davi Peacheys skill under the high ball. And forget the fact that we were missing our 2 best players/props against Parra but still beat them. Am I forgetting something?

Our game against Parra was good, we kept them to 6 points despite like 1000 opportunities they had in our territories in the first 20 minutes of the game! As for Parra being hard doen by, no chance, all decisions were your typical, basic video ref decisions, the only thing Parra supporters can feel hard done by is the fact that our Premier League props dominated one fo the best packs in the comp. In regards to Manly, their first try came off 4 back to back penalties - the ref didnt influence the game though....nevertheless, they slaughtered an in form Melbourne, I can take being beaten by Manly!

As for doggies this week, hard one, I feel they will bounce back after all those losses. But wat makes it hard is the fact we have Nutley and Stevens bac, puttin Maiava whos been going good to, on the Bench = very strong pack. Add to that Gallen whos been goin very well, Bailey whos always a performer, Reece Williams whos been playin well, Mellor whos a versatile back/second rower and well - it makes for a good game!!!

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Funny to see so many nrl players who seem to think the short mohawk is still in fashion. It's so 2 years ago.

Boo_

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
totally unexpected!!! dragons had some serious injuries at the beginning of hte year...and some serious problems. but players coming back off injury (ryles last week, barrett this week) will boost the moral of the other players and HOPEFULLY should beat canberra this weekend...*crosses fingers*

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
GOOOO PPPAAARRRRAAAA!!!!!!

OOOHHHHH RRRIIIIGGGHHHHTTT!

actually we were lucky to hold on at the end, with gower and preston tearing us to shreds.

Boo_

HSC
blackfriday said:
GOOOO PPPAAARRRRAAAA!!!!!!

OOOHHHHH RRRIIIIGGGHHHHTTT!

actually we were lucky to hold on at the end, with gower and preston tearing us to shreds.
yeah, i was wanting a penrith come back though...

Go Riddell!!!

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
lol raiders and manly at the top of the table while the dragons are down at the bottom with the panthers just missing 2nd last by a whisker.... and the bunnies are only 1 place below the bulldogs - by just a single point difference.... who'd have predicted this at the start of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)