NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Schoolies_2004 said:
stats dont lie Im afraid!?
Stats may not lie...but they certainly are not the greatest measure of how good a player is. For example, there aren't any stats which reveal Buderus' brilliant leadership qualities among other things. Idiot.

Jiga

Those 'leadership' qualities got Newcastle into the top 8? Hes good when surrounded by the States/Countries best, congrats to him....

Jiga

And Id just like to clarify one thing, stats dont lie!

I dont care about this imaginery intangible evidence that hes a 'leader', all I want to know is what the stats say. Who, on paper, is the better palyer. The answer to this riddle.....Sullivan. Obviously you didnt watch the Sharks v Roosters game (2nd one). He ripped it up, highlighting hes skill. You also must be deaf, all I heard was good things from the commentators

Knights_chick

The NRL site isn't that realible. They have had alot of mistakes on that website such as naming players that aren't in the team, just ask the Panthers supporters on their forum and the countdown clock being wrong.
Anyway, if Sullivan is so much better than Buderus why isn't he picked to play any rep games? And don't give me excuses such as the media, because according to you "Sullivan owns Buderus arse".
He has got great leadership qualities. Let's see your team make the 8 when you have the injuries that the Knights had last year. Oh no that's right, you can't even make the 8 WITH all your top line players fit.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Schoolies_2004 said:
Obviously you didnt watch the Sharks v Roosters game (2nd one).
damn straight. Why the hell would i waste 90 minutes of my time watching such a pathetic team take on the Rorters.

Jiga

With 'ALL' our players, umm we had BK out or like 2 months, lol. And we didnt have a back up, so we had a Premier League half in! This year with Dykes, we can survive without BK.

As for Sullivan and being a rep, well maybe this year aye. But Buderus has his foot in the door, his tongue must be very brown.

'Matt #1', Im guessing you didnt watch us beat them because it was hard to watch such a 'pathetic team' beat a quality side, meanwhile the Knights struggled against Manly. Oh, its all coming back to me, we beat the Knights in 04 to......

mz_200sx

What does this all mean? The dogs have no chance of winning back to back premierships because the new look sharks are in town!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HAHAHAHAAHA Thats the funniest thing ive heard all year!!!!! SHARKS pleaze!!!! if u woulda said something like roosters or st George being a threat then i guess it wouldnt have been so funni....but the sharks!!!!! DAMN BOI what the hell r u thinking?! BTW if u think that the dogs is nothing without pricey then u all dont know jack about nrl because the doggies WON THE 2004 NRL GRAND FINAL against roosters without him......so suk that and find someother way to diss us......OH WAIT U GOT NOTHING ELSE TO GO ON cause we r just too GEWD!!!
GO THE DOGGIES!!!!!

Jiga

Like i have said, and anyone wif half a brain realisies, the Dogs are cheats, they benefited from going over the salary cap (retinaing players which they should have lost) and won because of it. Now, after those cheating contracts are over, we will see this great doggies side.

As for the Sharks, laugh all you want. I would put them easily in the top 4 this year. See last year a new coach came in l8, and had to deal with this plus a half decent side. This year, the SHarks bought very well, and our coach has had all off-season to prepare the players. WHole new story in 05. I might have to put some bets down for them winning Premiership, Id become a very rich man!

Knights_chick

Mate, Buderus doesn't need to lick anyones arse. He gets in the tea because he is the best.
I wouldn't call Brett Kimmorley or "bk" as a top line player. He was a newcastle reject and will always be behind Joey when they play.
I don't care if the Sharks beat the Knights last year, who cares. All i know is that the Knights and a lot of other teams have better players than the Sharks.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Schoolies_2004 said:

'Matt #1', Im guessing you didnt watch us beat them because it was hard to watch such a 'pathetic team' beat a quality side, meanwhile the Knights struggled against Manly. Oh, its all coming back to me, we beat the Knights in 04 to......
I'm a Bulldogs supporter u idiot...so I dont care if the sharks beat the Knights. You would'nt have known this though, because i'm not as pathetically biased towards my team as you are. I'm just trying to talk some sense into your thick skull by informing you of the commonly known fact that Buderus is classes above Sullivan.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Schoolies_2004 said:
As for the Sharks, I might have to put some bets down for them winning Premiership, Id become a very rich man!
No...you would actually wasting both your time and money. My tip: put your money on the doggies.

M | |< E

HSC
I think 2005 will pan out like this,

These 4 teams will most likely take out top 4 positions (alphabetical order not actual)
Brisbane
Bulldogs
Melbourne
St George

These 4 teams will most likely take out a top 8 position (again it is alphabetical)
Manly
New Zealand
North Queensland
Sydney

These 4 teams will probably take out positions 9-12
Panthers
Parramatta
Panthers
Souths
Wests

These next 3 teams will fight to avoid the spoon
Canberra
Cronulla
Newcastle

alien

HSC
Melbourne in top 4? St George in top 4 i can see but melbourne? nup no way

matt#1

HSC
N/A
My prediction for 2005:

Bulldogs
Rorters
Brisbane
St George Illawarra
Penrith
Melbourne
New Zealand
Parramatta

North Queensland
Newcastle
Sharks
Manly
Wests
Canberra
Souths

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
!

Props wise, the Sharks in 05 will put shame to the dogs. We have :

Stevens (NSW + Aussie Rep)
Nutley (Up their in top hitups)
Galloway (Junior NSW Rep)
Lomu (Former Rooster)
Maiava (Former Bulldog)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA you have to be kidding me, those are the 5 best props at ur club atm bahahahaha, now lets compare the way that you have done it...

Mark O'Meley ( CURRENT NSW + AUSSIE REP)
Roy Asotasi ( CURRENT New Zealand Rep)
Willie Mason ( CURRENT NSW + AUSSIE REP)
Chris Armit ( former Jnr Kangaroo)
Ben Czislowski ( former Jnr Kangaroo)

Not too mention......

Andrew Ryan ( CURRENT NSW + AUSSIE REP)
Sonny Bill Williams ( CURRENT New Zealand Rep)

Schoolies_2004 face the facts buddy, the sharks have nothing on the bulldogs in the forward pack. The sharks are a hopeless team and will continue to do so, for my mind I think you should stop your ridiculous bulldogs bashing, as you continually are put down to shame when comparing a quality side to your hopeless sharks.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
FlawlessBassist said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA you have to be kidding me, those are the 5 best props at ur club atm bahahahaha, now lets compare the way that you have done it...

Mark O'Meley ( CURRENT NSW + AUSSIE REP)
Roy Asotasi ( CURRENT New Zealand Rep)
Willie Mason ( CURRENT NSW + AUSSIE REP)
Chris Armit ( former Jnr Kangaroo)
Ben Czislowski ( former Jnr Kangaroo)

Not too mention......

Andrew Ryan ( CURRENT NSW + AUSSIE REP)
Sonny Bill Williams ( CURRENT New Zealand Rep)

Schoolies_2004 face the facts buddy, the sharks have nothing on the bulldogs in the forward pack. The sharks are a hopeless team and will continue to do so, for my mind I think you should stop your ridiculous bulldogs bashing, as you continually are put down to shame when comparing a quality side to your hopeless sharks.
Amen to that....and our backs also put the sharks' backs to shame as well. The Bulldogs are a class above the tadpoles.

Jiga

"M | |< E", Im guessing thats a gee up, Sharks in last 3, lol. Even the knights aernt that bad. And Melbourne in top 4, you lost your credibility as soon as I saw that.

To "Flawless" Im talking about props here, not second rowers etc, if you want to enter that realm I will have to cut you down. Remainder of pack:

* Hilder (Top 10 in last year in like tackles or something and alround consistant player)
* Bailey (Former NSW & Aussie Rep)
* Lomu (Former Rooster)
* Gallen (Up their in tackles etc, for a second rower whos huge he isnt fastest in team over 30metres or something)

Maybe not quite up their wif the Dogs, but certainly a side which will give it to them.

And yes those were the 5 best, and great players they are, Stevens and Nutley are both up theirr in the top 10 for something (hit-ups. most metres gaiend etc) and for a bench prop players like Lomu can have a great impact.....unlike no-names like Armit and some-thing-ara-therski.

Im not gonna stop my bulldogs bashing (lol, I saw the word bashing and thought another DOGGIES PLAYER must have bashed someone, ther always in the headlines aernt they...), becauase we will beat you's next year. If you watched Cronulla play the dogs in 04 both games were very close, in fact, the first match the sharks led for most of the game and lost literally in the last seconds....great side.

Dogs backs put Sharks to shame.....when you've got retards like Utai in your team I find that very hard to believe.

I pity you dogs supporters, having to support such a disfunctional club. You've got cop bashers, drug dealers and a whole host of other people at your club. Thats partially why no one cared when they one the premiership. I would prefer to support a side which isnt full of criminals and lose then follow a winning side with people who if it not for there status would be in jail.

Last edited by a moderator:

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
* Lomu (Former Rooster)

And yes those were the 5 best, and great players they are, Stevens and Nutley are both up theirr in the top 10 for something (hit-ups. most metres gaiend etc) and for a bench prop players like Lomu can have a great impact.....unlike no-names like Armit and some-thing-ara-therski.

Im not gonna stop my bulldogs bashing (lol, I saw the word bashing and thought another DOGGIES PLAYER must have bashed someone, ther always in the headlines aernt they...), becauase we will beat you's next year. If you watched Cronulla play the dogs in 04 both games were very close, in fact, the first match the sharks led for most of the game and lost literally in the last seconds....great side.

Dogs backs put Sharks to shame.....when you've got retards like Utai in your team I find that very hard to believe.

I pity you dogs supporters, having to support such a disfunctional club. You've got cop bashers, drug dealers and a whole host of other people at your club. Thats partially why no one cared when they one the premiership. I would prefer to support a side which isnt full of criminals and lose then follow a winning side with people who if it not for there status would be in jail.
He was a Rooster...and then? That doesn't mean he's automatically good.

1) Stevens was a good player...never.
2) Um, hello, the Bulldogs have one of the best benches in the comp. Asotasi, Williams, Maitua and Hughes always have an impact when they come on. They're all great players and one of the reasons we won the premiership.
3) Yeah you did lead in both games. In the second one you led by a sizeable margin yet we still beat you, and beat you comfortably. It doesn't matter who led, it matters who wins. The sign of a good team is one that can still win a game that they're trailing in. A sign of a bad team is one that can't get a lead and keep it, like the Sharks did 2785435 times last year.
4) LMFAO, Utai's a retard? As long as he keeps on scoring I don't think anyone really gives a shit. I can't even believe you're gonna compare our backs to yours! Next you're going to say Hilder is a better goalkicker than Hazem.
5) Honey, we don't need you pity. You won't find a Bulldogs supporter who isn't fiercely loyal and damn proud of their team. When you get down to it, we have a team full of fantastic players who are good at football, and that's all that matters. You continue supporting your side of losers while we polish our silverware.

Did you have anything bad to say before 2002 anyway? You act like all Bulldog supporters have just jumped on the bandwagon. I've been a supporter for all of my 17 years on Earth and I'm not going to trade teams because of offield dramas.

My predictions for '05:
Bulldogs
St George
Roosters
Panthers
Storm
Cowboys
Brisbane
Manly

Parramatta
Sharks
Knights
New Zealand
Canberra
Wests
Souths

Jiga

Stevens was never a good player, as soon as I saw this I expected the worst from that reply....

Correction to your post, bulldogs HAD one of the best benches in the comp, now as Asotasi is takes on Prices role you have to put in a no name. Maitua isnt a good player either, all hes good for is cop bashing. Willaims and Hughes are the only two players I would rate from that list

As for 'all that matters is who wins' theory, thats nice. But my point is that the dogs struggled against the Sharks last year when they had a crap year with an avg side, now a a better side and the dogs as a slightly worse side you could assume that we'd beat you.

The Bulldogs had a great year last year, and as in everything, when you cheat 9 times out of 10 you'll come ahead...the Bulldogs are a great example of that. They better keep on polishing, becuase their silverwear has been severly tarnished by their stupid actions in 04.

As for who Ive supported, I live in the Shire, why would I support any other team but the best! The team which gives to the community, doesnt take.

My 05 Predictions:

Roosters
St George
Sharks
Bulldogs
Panthers
Storm
Brisbane
Nth Qld
Parramatta

The rest who cares....

I just hope the dogs dont destroy the name of the NRL once AGAIN this year, really is getting ridiculous. They should have been kicked out of the comp when they went over the salary cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)