NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
everyone loves to blame the coach. sure they must accept some of the blame for a side not winning, but i think the rest should land on the actual players, as afterall they are the ones who play in the games.

if we took the logic of some of these posts we could assume that if Brown, Murray, Smith or Sheens were coaching the sharks (i use sharks because 90% of the nrl forum is about them) they would be playing this weekend?

i dont think so. its the sharks players, just as it was the storm and brisbane players, that saw them not make the finals.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
If Sheens or Bennett was coaching - yes.

Raper sticks with one sdie and doesnt drop anyone (DAVID SIMMONS, PHIL BAILEY) even though theyve been underperforming for a long time.

He cant coach, as only the first half of the season we were good, exactly the same time as ET was helping with defensive coaching. Rapers game plan is the same each time and he doesnt change it at all. Kimmorley inside ball.

I think Sullivan was good at changing the plan. Shame he wasn't good attackling.

Trust me, the Sharks team is much better than most teams when at full strength, but shit happens. And Stuart Raper happened.

blanks

I think Stuart Raper proved in the Super League that he is a decent coach.....

But in saying that i dont think any of us know how good a coach is unless you have played for or under them. We are all guessing as to what the coach is doing wrong. But how do we know hes doing anything wrong?? maybe the players are just undeperforming and its our of there control.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Bookie said:
Chris Anderson was a good coach. He fucked our club up, but he was getting it in the right direction. Since the inception of Raper, nothings been done to improve the fuck up of Anderson. Anderson's a good coach, whether you like his way or not, and he's won two premierships. The only premiership Raper has won was Jersey Flegg in 94 or something, in which Peachey and Dykes played. Where are those two now?
I knew people would bring up the premierships he won. But honestly, i dont care what he did for Melbourne he fucked the sharks, and since then has been a terrible coach, and as others have pointed out, just because you get your team a premiership doesnt make you a good coach... anyway, its a thing of the past and i just wanna forget it... opens to many wounds. god i miss campbell :(

Cityboy

HSC
Whats with all your complaints with the sharks management your problems lie with those on the field. You need a quality backline especially now the peach is gone, You have no depth whatsoever and have no stamina proven by the fact you always fail towards the end of season, and in the finals.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Yeah ok, we dont have the best back line, but failing was not due to lack of fittness. It was due to some poor form from key players and much more, but like Fornstar would say, this forum is getting to Sharks orientated, so maybe we should change the subject...... How about: I hope the Dragons lose this weekend? :D

Bookie

Banned
HSC
One last say on the Sharks; our backline isnt the greatest, but it was better than most. It was their fuckin mental attitude that caused the problem.

Who wouldnt want Peachey Vagana Dykes Kimmorley in their backline at top form?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Peachey is shit. His defense is especially bad. Every time I watch a sharks game and someone from the opposite team makes a break they get to him and he always misses the tackle. And he doesn't run the ball back straight and fast like fullbacks should. Instead he jogs back running sideways.

Kimmorely is good when he plays well. The problem is he only has a handful of good games a year and the rest he is pathetic. And the sharks rely on him too much so when he doesn't play well they lose. He also can't kick.

And Vagana may as well not be there because he doesn't get the ball enough. Which is mostly due to Kimmorley being shit and not getting it out to him.

But overall none of the morons can hold on to the ball. They are consantly dropping it. And it seems like they can only tackle properly once every 5 or so games. For the rest of the time they all do a Peachey and miss tackles all over the place.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
If anyone thinks that Anderson's 99 GF win was all due to his ability and his team's ability, then they are kidding themselves.

Well congratulations to them for making the Grand Final that year, but the last 25 minutes of that match saw one of the most unfair refereeing performances in recent history (shame on Bill Harrigan). Read up about it to see some of the decisions that were made, as Melbourne were given free reign to do whatever they wanted.

Seriously, remember that it was in the NRL's interests to take a Premiership down to Melbourne.

And no, this isn't just the ramblings of a disgruntled fan of the losing side.

Onto Chris Anderson. He tore the heart out of Cronulla and threw it in the bin. Before people comment on his coaching ability, or lack thereof, they have got to look at some of the things that happened to the club while he was coach.

But anyway, they are the Sharks, so it's all good!

Tigers to win the Premiership.

aaaman

Banned
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
If anyone thinks that Anderson's 99 GF win was all due to his ability and his team's ability, then they are kidding themselves.

Well congratulations to them for making the Grand Final that year, but the last 25 minutes of that match saw one of the most unfair refereeing performances in recent history (shame on Bill Harrigan). Read up about it to see some of the decisions that were made, as Melbourne were given free reign to do whatever they wanted.

Seriously, remember that it was in the NRL's interests to take a Premiership down to Melbourne.

Onto Chris Anderson. He tore the heart out of Cronulla and threw it in the bin. Before people comment on his coaching ability, or lack thereof, they have got to look at some of the things that happened to the club while he was coach.

But anyway, they are the Sharks, so it's all good!

Tigers to win the Premiership.

The anderson part is right but the plentry try rant ur on about was full of shit,

1. you dont tackle a player in the air
2. you dont do a high shot
3. dont do a or b near the try line when you kno they are gonna score

aaaman

Banned
HSC
Random_87 said:
Mate, remember the Cronulla vs. Dragons game? Dragons played fairly shit in that and won, so i think it should be a good game... but i hope the Tigs win.

they didnt play shit, its called looking at the sky(rain), the only reason you call it shit it bcoz nulla lost by 6 and not by 100 like every1 was expecting and the dragons are softfrom that game, sif walk away from three fights. (galloway, nutley n nigel) and also barret took a dive(soft), it was obvious as to y tony archer never looked at that play. he knew it was the biggest drive

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Bookie said:
Who wouldnt want Peachey Vagana Dykes Kimmorley in their backline at top form?
iamsickofyear12 said:
Peachey is shit. His defense is especially bad. Every time I watch a sharks game and someone from the opposite team makes a break they get to him and he always misses the tackle. And he doesn't run the ball back straight and fast like fullbacks should. Instead he jogs back running sideways.

Kimmorely is good when he plays well. The problem is he only has a handful of good games a year and the rest he is pathetic. And the sharks rely on him too much so when he doesn't play well they lose. He also can't kick.

And Vagana may as well not be there because he doesn't get the ball enough. Which is mostly due to Kimmorley being shit and not getting it out to him.

But overall none of the morons can hold on to the ball. They are consantly dropping it. And it seems like they can only tackle properly once every 5 or so games. For the rest of the time they all do a Peachey and miss tackles all over the place.
Dude, I said at top form. Peachey has the greatest creative mind in the game. Vagana is the best tryscorer in the game. Kimmorley has the best long kicking game in the league (well, possibly Johns, but statsistics say Kimmorley). Dykes, well, he's cool.

brogan77 said:
ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hate peachey always have
Hate kimmorley always have (but better than that fag finch)
Hate dykes (was good but has been very shit for a long time now)
Vagana (was a great player but he has been destroyed by playing at the crap cronulla shit sharks)
Just cause you hate em you cant really say you dont want them. I hate Gasnier, but fuck I'd like him in my team.

DRAGONZ said:
Yes it is you cat. Now go paint Janet Ryles fingernails.

angelduck said:
aaman - wtf are the points ur refering to?
Craig Smiths penalty try in the 99 GF. Kick from Brett Kimmorley went up and Smith was gonna score easily but then Ainscough that stupid fag came down and put a Hoppa of a high shot on him.

Anyone read the tele today?

Some loser from the Dragons was on about "I'd rather share the stadium with 40000 St George fans"

WHAT THE FUCK?

Since when was it St George?

St. George IIIILLLLLAAAAAWWWWWWAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAA you stupid egotistical obnoxious cunt.

Oh when the Saints go merging in.....

davo_

good kid
HSC
DRAGONZ said:

Yes I think these are; honestly never picked you to fall that way. As I have already stated; Anderson didn't go so well at Sharks because he didn't adapt to new playing styles.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Everyone is to their own I suppose....

Anyway, todays St. George Leader,withsome writer called Brad Forrest [who apparently NEVER gets it wrong] said that Vagana is confirmed to 5-8thfor next year for the Sharks, and that a star polynesian three quarter was about to be signed.....

Ma'a Nonu is the rumour.

Sailor, Tuqiri and Caucau have also been thrown in...

davo_

good kid
HSC
brogan77 said:
any of them, except maybe sailor, would be a super buy!
As much as I dislike Sailor that is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. I realise he hasn't exactly excelled at union - but lets remember here- we are talking about league... And he was always good at that.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Maa Nonu to the Sharks? thats the first ive heard. However, he isnt in the frame of all black selection these days. But if I was him i wouldnt be so selfish, Umanga only has a year or two left in him and the outside centre position will he Nonu's.

Imagine caucau in league, crazy :D

davo_

good kid
HSC
brogan77 said:
your a noob, why is it dumb? For sailor to come back to league he would need an exorbinant pay packet. For his age he is simply not worth it. No matter how good he WAS at league, after not playing for an extended period, with the age that he is, it would be a ludicrous purchase. In addition, IMO, he is no longer fast enough to be considered a rugby league winger, if he were to return he would have to play as some kind of weird forward. In the end though i don't give a flying fuck, sailor can go to the sharks, get a fat pay packet and play average, even though i'm pretty sure Bookie was joking about the last three.
Settle down champ... Most of the stuff you say (ie being too slow - couldn't play wing anymore) is pretty baseless. The reason he is going shit at union is because he is trying to play too much like he used to in league (always trying to beat a tackle instead of submissing for a better release, his inability as a union winger to kick). It was a joke but I was just commenting on your stupidity.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
brogan77 said:
your a noob, why is it dumb? For sailor to come back to league he would need an exorbinant pay packet. For his age he is simply not worth it. No matter how good he WAS at league, after not playing for an extended period, with the age that he is, it would be a ludicrous purchase. In addition, IMO, he is no longer fast enough to be considered a rugby league winger, if he were to return he would have to play as some kind of weird forward. In the end though i don't give a flying fuck, sailor can go to the sharks, get a fat pay packet and play average, even though i'm pretty sure Bookie was joking about the last three.
Dude, out of all those union players, 'Hello' would be the cheapest. And seeing Nonu is on the cards, I dont think money for Dell would be a problem.

copious said:
Maa Nonu to the Sharks? thats the first ive heard. However, he isnt in the frame of all black selection these days. But if I was him i wouldnt be so selfish, Umanga only has a year or two left in him and the outside centre position will he Nonu's.

Imagine caucau in league, crazy
Well, I just hope Nonu comes.

If Rupeni comes, oh fuck me. Nup. Getting waaaaaaay to far ahead of myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)