O-Week 2010 (1 Viewer)

emmcyclopedia

HSC
Well pretty much, but they just like to express equality and womens rights on campus and talk about issues and attend Womens Rights Confrences

I'm lacto-ovo vegetarian but I go on and off eggs
Ooh...might have to check out this women's group then, it sounds alright =)

Hey jackydoll, just curious, what degree are you studying?

I'm an ovo-vegetarian. Not big on dairy...

Why?

Vegetarians are some of the coolest pple on earth.
that's better =P

all u biomed kids just keep away from the engineering buildings alright?

dont wanna have to start shit again
Yo Sam5, I'm really happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but Engineering is one of the best faculties of all time. One of the best faculties of all time
Go an play with your blocks and your calculator you silly engineer...

Haha, just kidding. But what's your beef with biomed? You are clearly missing out on some seriously cool peeps! :D

brunx

HSC
Go an play with your blocks and your calculator you silly engineer...

Haha, just kidding. But what's your beef with biomed? You are clearly missing out on some seriously cool peeps! :D
haha i have no beef with you as you've already explained ur purpose to me.
and i have no beef with sam5 cos hes one of my nock brothers.
i just have this bad stereotyped image of biomed students only being there cos they think it gives them some kind of leg up into medicine, which it really doesnt cos you can do any degree and get the grades to get in.

but i know this is just a silly stereotype and is probably largely false:D

engineering is kickass!!!

emmcyclopedia

HSC
Bachelor of Fine Art
Ahk cool, no science for you then =P

haha i have no beef with you as you've already explained ur purpose to me.
and i have no beef with sam5 cos hes one of my nock brothers.
i just have this bad stereotyped image of biomed students only being there cos they think it gives them some kind of leg up into medicine, which it really doesnt cos you can do any degree and get the grades to get in.

but i know this is just a silly stereotype and is probably largely false:D

engineering is kickass!!!
Bahahaha...nock brothers. That's cute.

Yeah... but I'm sure many future med-students such as myself do biomed over other degrees because it is closely related to med - and such that the content matter appeals to them more than doing say a basic science or arts degree with a broader or less relevant/appealing focus.

There's heaps of maths in engineering hey? *drool*

sam5

HSC
Ahk cool, no science for you then =P

Bahahaha...nock brothers. That's cute.

Yeah... but I'm sure many future med-students such as myself do biomed over other degrees because it is closely related to med - and such that the content matter appeals to them more than doing say a basic science or arts degree with a broader or less relevant/appealing focus.

There's heaps of maths in engineering hey? *drool*
brunx was prolly from mount view. Hate them. nothing personal lol.

yeah people would do biomed for the interest, but i dont have any immediate plans to do medicine at all.

Id rather do pathology or pharmacy.

brunx

HSC
lol dw im not from mount view.

@ em. i actually want to do medicine aswell, but because i didnt get in i decided to do engineering, as its a degree that i have a strong vocational interest in.
i do see the appeal of biomed, it was one of my preferences, ive just been stirring ya...

brunx

HSC
hm i dont really want to say. i went to one in lake macquarie.
i kinda only have a loose association with cessnock lol, its where my dad and i both work.

emmcyclopedia

HSC
lol dw im not from mount view.

@ em. i actually want to do medicine aswell, but because i didnt get in i decided to do engineering, as its a degree that i have a strong vocational interest in.
i do see the appeal of biomed, it was one of my preferences, ive just been stirring ya...
Oh really? =)
Hey, where did you apply for med? did you get an interview?

hm i dont really want to say. i went to one in lake macquarie.
i kinda only have a loose association with cessnock lol, its where my dad and i both work.
Oooh, I wonder if I know you? Did you go to a private or public high school?

brunx

HSC
Oh really? =)
Hey, where did you apply for med? did you get an interview?

Oooh, I wonder if I know you? Did you go to a private or public high school?
i applied at uncle, unsw and uws. want to go to uncle though. no interview unfortunately...
lol i went to a public school, i dont think i would know you though, i dont know of anyone doing biomed.

emmcyclopedia

HSC
i applied at uncle, unsw and uws. want to go to uncle though. no interview unfortunately...
lol i went to a public school, i dont think i would know you though, i dont know of anyone doing biomed.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I didn't get an interview either, but I'd still absolutely love to do med next year at UNCLE.

Do you plan on pursuing engineering as a career now, or do you want to keep trying for med?

brunx

HSC
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I didn't get an interview either, but I'd still absolutely love to do med next year at UNCLE.

Do you plan on pursuing engineering as a career now, or do you want to keep trying for med?
yeh i still want to get into med, engineering is really my second choice career.
however if i dont get in next year or the year after i think i will be content to just focus on engineering.

edit: noticed you've got a pretty nifty atar there. when you re-apply for med will they take your atar or your WAM? im not sure how it works.
my atar was slightly too low for uncle med even if i had aced umat/interview lol....

Last edited:

emmcyclopedia

HSC
yeh i still want to get into med, engineering is really my second choice career.
however if i dont get in next year or the year after i think i will be content to just focus on engineering.

edit: noticed you've got a pretty nifty atar there. when you re-apply for med will they take your atar or your WAM? im not sure how it works.
my atar was slightly too low for uncle med even if i had aced umat/interview lol....
Yeah, my UMAT skills need a little work for this year's test!

My GPA/WAM (I think UNCLE calls it GPA - Grade Point Average) will be counting since I have a full time load and don't plan on deferring. It's a shame my ATAR won't count, but it's gotten me 2 scholarships so it was worth it for something!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)