Votes: 32 21.9%
  • I couldn't give a toss about them or an apology

Votes: 33 22.6%

• Total voters

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Re: "Stolen Generation" Appology- A different view

Oh by the way, there's more Aborigines living in the cities than in the outback, but keep generalising you stupid racist cunt.
Based on what facts fuckwit?
the MAJORITY live in outback Australia mostly in outback NT and outback QLD.
YOU NEED A GOOD LESSON OF PE - HEALTH PRIORITIES IN AUSTRALIA
Racist? how i applaud this apology, you waste of breath.

Cheap Thrills

HSC

ticky2002 said:
We apologise for giving you free doctors and free medical care and medications, which allows you to survive and multiply so that you can demand apologies.

We apologise for helping you to read and teaching you the English language and thus we opened up to you the entire European civilisation, thought and enterprise.

We feel that we must apologise for building hundreds of homes for you, which you have vandalised and destroyed.

We apologise for giving you law and order which has helped prevent you from slaughtering one another and using the unfortunate for food purposes.

We apologise for developing large farms and properties, which today feed you people, where before, you had the benefits of living off the land and starving during droughts.

We apologise for providing you with warm clothing made of fabric to replace that animal skins you used before.

We apologise for building roads and railway tracks between cities and building cars so that you no longer have to walk over harsh terrain.

We apologise for paying off your vehicle when you fail to pay the installments.

We apologise for giving you free vehicles, petrol, boats, firearms, fishing gear and other non traditional methods that you now use to carry out your traditional ways of hunting.

We apologise for giving you free travel anywhere, whenever. We apologise for giving each and every member of your family $100.00 and free travel to attend an aboriginal funeral.

We apologise for not charging you rent on any lands when white people have to pay.

We apologise for giving you interest free loans.

We apologise for developing oil wells and minerals, including gold and diamonds which you never used and had no idea of their value.

We apologise for developing Ayers rock and Kakadu, and then handing them over to you so that you get all the money.

We apologise for allowing taxpayers money paid towards daughters wedding ($8,000.00 each daughter)

We apologise for giving you $1.7 billion per year for your people, which is $48,000.00 per aboriginal man, woman and child.

We apologise for working hard to pay taxes that finance your welfare, medical care, education, etc to the tune of $1.2 billion each year.

We apologise for having to approach your taxpayer funded aboriginal affairs department to verify the above figures.

For the trouble you will have identifying the uncle toms in your own community who are getting richer and leaving some of you living in squalor and poverty. We do apologise. We really do. We humbly beg your forgiveness for all the above sins.

We are only too happy to take back all the above and return you to the paradise of the outback, whenever you are ready.
If people got of their neocolonialist high horses and got over their dogmatic white supremacy sentiment, they would realise its an apology on behalf of past parliaments, governments and policies.
Grow up fuckwits

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Re: Rudd to say Sorry on February 12

Slidey said:
And now I am relieved. This 'sorry' business is out of the way and future governments can move on without being tied down by it. And further attempts at dispensation by the Aboriginal communities will likely be shrugged off as ungrateful.
qft!

Im glad this apology is finally over and done with. Mr.Rudd gave a much satisfying speech, and it was well said imo <333

Gay Captain

HSC

politik said:
Wait, is the spacktard who just applied Anglo-Saxon measurements of survival calling someone else a racist?
As opposed to those who believe that human beings should live in stone age conditions just because they're black (ie. they possess the genes that give them Indigenous Australian appearance)

Zrap said:
Based on what facts fuckwit?
the MAJORITY live in outback Australia mostly in outback NT and outback QLD.
YOU NEED A GOOD LESSON OF PE - HEALTH PRIORITIES IN AUSTRALIA
Racist? how i applaud this apology, you waste of breath.
Epic Fail

The Indigenous Australian population is a mostly urbanised demographic, but a substantial number (27%[19]) live in remote settlements often located on the site of former church missions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aboriginal_Australians

Last edited:

testiclepilot

HSC

Will i, who never had anything to do with it, be always paying for adventages for indigenous australians?? Does sorry fix anything?? Or is it pride that has caused alot of the debate recent years? Isnt the australian government prividing funding to improve any inequalities or social injustices??
You aren't paying for what the governments did. The RUDD GOVERNMENT (and The Liberal Opposition), stood up and apologised ON BEHALF OF PAST GOVERNMENTS.

I wish people would open their eyes to the shit going on.

zohebinator

HSC

we had this discussion (more like an arguement) in class today, and the issue raised was: now that sorry has been said, what next?
Would it be right to just hand over money to those who suffered as compensation, not that they dont deserve it, but shouldnt the government set up programs to improve the whole community rather than giving away money?
Our class didnt really end up with an answer, so what would be best for the government to do?

P

pen-el-ope

Greatest speech I have ever heard.
Right up there wi th Martin Luther Kings 'i have a dream'.
What a wonderful day in our nations history.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC

pen-el-ope said:
That's pretty disrespectful.

ConjOB

HSC

Slidey said:
That's pretty disrespectful.
Funny you pic THAT comment out of all the comments on this topic to say that.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

politik said:
I support the apology as it is on behalf of past governments, not australians per se.

The YL's on the forum might clutch onto the tattered remains of Howard's ideological indifference to the issue, but who are we to deny this to Aboriginal Australians?

Fuck you, and suck my dick BOS.
It is past STATE governments which stole the children. All the STATE governments have apologised. The FEDERAL government apology is redundant.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC

lovely speech mr. rudd, well said.

you just got to love brendan nelson, that guy has the balls to stick to his party's guns and virtually said 'sorry, but it is not my fault'. good old liberals, really deserve a pad on the back.

K

katie_tully

bassistx said:
Yep. If we gave them the money, and I'm completely generalizing here: they'll get pissed off their faces remembering their stories, etc.
To bridge that 17year gap, they need better medical facilities etc. That's what the money should be spent on. Yeah, I'm echoing Zrap lol.

Amen.

I think Nelson was a real bastard. They only reason he accepted the proposal was because he would've looked like a jerk in front of the entire world on live television (not sure if it was broadcast live overseas as well? in any case, it'll get there..) and then he made it explicitly clear that there would be no monetary compensation. Although I found it extremely ungrateful that people turned their backs (what were they expecting?), he could've said it more... "nicely".
Are you fucking kidding me.

Medical facilities. Better? I'm pretty sure they're the only race in Australia to get their own medical facilities.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A

pen-el-ope said:
Did Rudd plagiarise his speech too?

Kevin.Rudd

HSC
N/A
Re: Apology Speech Leaked by Jnr ALP Staffer

I should have stuck with this draft.

Official: Today we honour the Indigenous peoples of this land, the oldest continuing cultures in human history.

Draft: We thank you for sharing your culture, that of which remains the oldest in the history of man

Official: The time has now come for the nation to turn a new page in Australia's history by righting the wrongs of the past and so moving forward with confidence to the future.

Draft: And most of all I am here to bring us into the future together through reconciliation.

Official: A future based on mutual respect, mutual resolve and mutual responsibility.

Draft: I hope to set a new history in Australia. A history of unity and strength and tolerance among all Australians.

Official: A future where all Australians, whatever their origins, are truly equal partners, with equal opportunities and with an equal stake in shaping the next chapter in the history of this great country, Australia.

Draft: Together we can transcend all adversity, we will no longer be white Australians, Indigenous Australians, Chinese Australians but all respective Australians, all equal in the eyes of each other, the eyes of the legislature and the eyes of the courts.

Official:We apologise for the laws and policies of successive Parliaments and governments that have inflicted profound grief, suffering and loss on these our fellow Australians.

Draft: To all those disadvantaged by the wrongs of the previous governments, we are sorry.

etc etc.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC

pen-el-ope said:

To compare Rudd's speech to Martin Luther Kings, is the dumbest thing ever said on this forum. You probably don't know anything about American history. You suck, newbie.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Re: Apology Speech Leaked by Jnr ALP Staffer

chicky_pie said:
Omgz. Is that your daughter in your signature, Mr Rudd?
No, that's a Labor Left bushpig from Adelaide Uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)