Votes: 32 21.9%
  • I couldn't give a toss about them or an apology

Votes: 33 22.6%

• Total voters

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Re: Rudd to say Sorry on February 12

Yeah, Aboriginals deserve an apology, but not compensation.
Instead money should be well spent on infrastructure for the development
of Aboriginal societys so they too can achieve the same education, medical
access and other important necessities we recieve.
Funny how people turned there back on Brendan Nelson.
John Coward lol i like that stuff.

Zrap

glock9
HSC

Conspirocy said:
What I cannot understand is of all the things they are going to say sorry for they have picked this. It is a joke and an insult to so many other people in Australia on so many levels.

Someone explain to me why this is needed?

Where do you draw the line?

I mean where are all the other sorry's?

Are they coming soon? I better get a sorry ASAP.
If sorry means moving forward as a nation, by all means do so.
This sorry is developed to apologise for PAST governments.
For reconciliation you must acknowledge the past, apply it to the present to improve the future. And that is what K-Rudd is doing.
Hears your apology, I'm sorry........ you were born!

ConjOB

HSC

Katie tully, HAHA. I like how your so stupid, yet try come off as so smart. Oh and it seems your parents have raised their kid as you'd expect of any christians - to become a fuck up. Oh and Nelsons speach was pretty much what you would expect from a liberal.

Conspiracy why is it a joke? Why would you discount it so quickly when you dont understand it?

p.s. i love the 'compensation' fear campaign by the fuckwit libs, almost as lame as the union fear campaign, surely no one believes this shit.

Last edited:
K

katie_tully

ConjOB said:
Katie tully, HAHA. I like how your so stupid, yet try come off as so smart. Oh and it seems your parents have raised their kid as you'd expect of any christians - to become a fuck up. Oh and Nelsons speach was pretty much what you would expect from an aboriginal.

Conspiracy why is it a joke? Why would you discount it so quickly when you dont understand it?

p.s. i love the 'compensation' fear campaign by the fuckwit libs, almost as lame as the union fear campaign, surely no one believes this shit.
1. I like your grammatical skills. I especially liked "your so stupid", that brought a tear to my eye.
2. My parents raised me fine. I myself am atheist, and at nearly 21 I am wondering what my parents have to do with my views as an adult?
3. This statement from you is perplexing. Please clarify.
Oh and Nelsons speach was pretty much what you would expect from an aboriginal.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC

Remove the special benefits Aboriginals receive that non-Aboriginals would never get, and make them be out there, work and stop living on the dole, that's what I call equality.

:spam:

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Re: "Stolen Generation" Appology- A different view

Gay Captain, you are gay.
The majority of Aboriginals live in rural isolated areas, their social construct is
different to us.
Most are socio-economically disadvantaged, have no access to health care facilities, influenced by westernized culture, have life expectancy 20years
lower then the "white" civilisation, separation from parents for more then 100years, suffer alcohol abuse etc based from trauma, lack of access to a decent education. We should be sorry to have abandoned the real Australians! and its about time someone has stood up and said something about it.
God Bless K-Rudd

Zrap

glock9
HSC

chicky_pie said:
Remove the special benefits Aboriginals receive that non-Aboriginals would never get, and make them be out there, work and stop living on the dole, that's what I call equality.

:spam:
That is why you got 30 for your UAI, your stupidity is in excess quantity.

Conspirocy

HSC

Zrap said:
If sorry means moving forward as a nation, by all means do so.
This sorry is developed to apologise for PAST governments.
For reconciliation you must acknowledge the past, apply it to the present to improve the future. And that is what K-Rudd is doing.
Hears your apology, I'm sorry........ you were born!
This apology will not unite the nation, but rather will act to drive a defining wedge throughout it. If anything the very people who helped to build this nation have been betrayed.

Think about immigrants who were racially abused and continually receive this treatment. Let us stop to think about that for a moment. People who came to this nation not speaking a word of the language and forced to work in factories and work in the lowest paid jobs that Australian's at the time didn't want to do, these people, could make more progress in the 40 years since the stolen generation than other members of Australian society. This apology on behalf of people like this is an insult to their hard work and determination, a slap in the face.

The current generation that will have to bear the burden of correcting previous mistakes of the past. Whose mistakes? Not ours. Why should we apologise for actions we played no part in. Further, who is anyone to say that all the actions of the past were mistakes? It is ridiculous to even consider the past in such a fashion. Sometimes to save the majority sacrifices must be made, and I suppose that logic could be applied to the feelings of people who disagree with this apology. But I ask you, is this the right course to make amends?

My own personal view is it will not. It will breed hatred and resent towards these people. It will make them a target for many people for no reason at all. It has drawn attention to them with no solution offered. Saying sorry counts for nothing. Doing something does. This achieves nothing.

ConjOB

HSC

katie_tully, i see your not easily baited.

Oh any yeh grammer error, big whoop... dont care.

Zrap

glock9
HSC

His doing something by saying sorry, the first step for this healing process.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC

Zrap said:
The majority of Aboriginals live in rural isolated areas, their social construct is
different to us.
Most are socio-economically disadvantaged, have no access to health care facilities, influenced by westernized culture, have life expectancy 20years
lower then the "white" civilisation, separation from parents for more then 100years, suffer alcohol abuse etc based from trauma, lack of access to a decent education. We should be sorry to have abandoned the real Australians! and its about time someone has stood up and said something about it.
God Bless K-Rudd

Troll.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC

ConjOB said:
I say sorry.

Who did not attend? John 'the c*nt' Howard.

This is a big day in Australian history. This attempt of social engineering based on racial grounds was seen by most of white australians at the time as acceptable, it wasnt then, and it is not acceptable now.

I think their should be a compensation, not a lump sum, but a % of our taxes devoted to rebuilding indigenous communities.

These racist fucks whom i would love to meet one day who disagree with it, pretty much i think you should go fuck yourselves. Its not pointless words, its official acknowledgement of deeds gone by, to thousands its closure, to others its a new start.

For being treated like second class citozens or less than human beings - im sorry

For our ignorance and blindness - im sorry

I was not responsible for these deeds directly, but i have benifited from them, and for that - im sorry.
The majority of Australia does not support an apology; it's not why we voted Rudd in, but he's cleverly apologising at the start of his term when small mistakes will be mostly forgotten if he does well later on, when re-election comes round.

And now I am relieved. This 'sorry' business is out of the way and future governments can move on without being tied down by it. And further attempts at dispensation by the Aboriginal communities will likely be shrugged off as ungrateful.

Conspirocy

HSC

Zrap said:
His doing something by saying sorry, the first step for this healing process.
I get that, but the way it's been done is just so wrong. It's as though they woke up and said 'oh I guess we should say sorry today'. So now on a day that should be about healing and moving together as a nation, instead there is division and factional fighting.

Sure people who were ready to say sorry, and already thought it was a good idea, are happy with a move like this. I'm just trying to say that a whole group of people in Australia are not ready to say sorry, not because they are racists, but because they have not contemplated saying sorry, they are completely removed from the events that took place, and have faced their own adversities from the past. Due to this, right now I can say I think a lot of people don't have it in them to say sorry, and they weren't given the time that many of them need to prepare so that they can accept this.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

ConjOB said:
I know (via real life or forums) of many aboriginals, and have met many in which the major problem is education and employment, Rural area's this is a major problem for black and while fella's. I think we can all agree that the actions have ruined many of indiginous peoples lives. Sorry is a start to a new beggining, has even more meaning IMO after years of neglect from John Coward (im so clever).

If i had the solution id be out there fixing the problem. But obviously i dont. Also i think its pretty daft assuming every or neally every aboriginal is just sitting around a rural town drinking and sniffing petrol. This is quite wrong, and an image highly influenced by the media.

Katie_Tully ... tell your parents your opinion on it all, if they are good parents id say they will give you a royal hiding, if not the enjoy spending your 'golden' years giving head for $20. I think such a closed-minded opinion could only be from such asshole parents. I got an idea, lets take you away from them and then when we realise what we did was wrong, not appologise.:D
i didn't say every or nearly every aboriginal was a petrol sniffing child molester. but it is a big problem. i agree that a lack of education and employment contributes to it and that we need to provide help with these things, as well as stuff like health care, recreational facilities, etc.

BUT - the change needs to come about on an individual level. let me put it to you this way. Let's say that I developed a meth addiction due to the actions and attitudes of others. These people then felt guilty about the monster they had created and threw money at me, put me into a rehab clinic to try to "fix" me. Fine. But they forgot one thing - I don't have the motivation to change within myself. So I walk out of rehab and straight into my next fix and nothing has changed. This is the cycle that needs to be broken, and it's not going to happen unless the indigenous people actually take what we give them and do something constructive with it.

Gay Captain

HSC

Zrap said:
different to us.

lower then the "white" civilisation,
separation from parents for more then 100years, suffer alcohol abuse etc based from trauma, lack of access to a decent education. We should be sorry to have abandoned the real Australians! and its about time someone has stood up and said something about it.
God Bless K-Rudd
HEY EVER THINK THESE THINGS MIGHT BE RELATED?

Oh by the way, there's more Aborigines living in the cities than in the outback, but keep generalising you stupid racist cunt.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A

Zrap said:
different to us.
God Bless K-Rudd
I think the fact is that they choose not to go to school rather than there being a lack of access to a decent education. Do you know how many bush schools they set up in the middle of nowhere just for 4 Aboriginal kids? And Tennant Creek had a hospital.

And that's on your assumption that most aboriginals are in the middle of nowhere. ^_^

Last edited:

bassistx

HSC

Zrap said:
Yeah, Aboriginals deserve an apology, but not compensation.
Instead money should be well spent on infrastructure for the development
of Aboriginal societys so they too can achieve the same education, medical
access and other important necessities we recieve.
Funny how people turned there back on Brendan Nelson.
John Coward lol i like that stuff.
Yep. If we gave them the money, and I'm completely generalizing here: they'll get pissed off their faces remembering their stories, etc.
To bridge that 17year gap, they need better medical facilities etc. That's what the money should be spent on. Yeah, I'm echoing Zrap lol.

Slidey said:
And further attempts at dispensation by the Aboriginal communities will likely be shrugged off as ungrateful.
Amen.

I think Nelson was a real bastard. They only reason he accepted the proposal was because he would've looked like a jerk in front of the entire world on live television (not sure if it was broadcast live overseas as well? in any case, it'll get there..) and then he made it explicitly clear that there would be no monetary compensation. Although I found it extremely ungrateful that people turned their backs (what were they expecting?), he could've said it more... "nicely".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)