Votes: 32 21.9%
  • I couldn't give a toss about them or an apology

Votes: 33 22.6%

• Total voters

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Re: "Stolen Generation" Appology- A different view

A NUMBER of Liberal MPs appear to have boycotted today's historic apology to the Stolen Generation.

After loudly reciting the Lord’s Prayer, WA Liberal Wilson Tuckey walked out of the chamber and fellow WA Liberal Don Randall was also reported absent .

NSW Liberal Alby Schultz, who told The Australian Online yesterday that he was reserving his right not to attend, was not present. And Victorian Liberal Sophie Mirabella was also not in the chamber.
Stay classy, guys!

Gay Captain

HSC

We apologise for giving you free doctors and free medical care and medications, which allows you to survive and multiply so that you can demand apologies.

We apologise for helping you to read and teaching you the English language and thus we opened up to you the entire European civilisation, thought and enterprise.

We feel that we must apologise for building hundreds of homes for you, which you have vandalised and destroyed.

We apologise for giving you law and order which has helped prevent you from slaughtering one another and using the unfortunate for food purposes.

We apologise for developing large farms and properties, which today feed you people, where before, you had the benefits of living off the land and starving during droughts.

We apologise for providing you with warm clothing made of fabric to replace that animal skins you used before.

We apologise for building roads and railway tracks between cities and building cars so that you no longer have to walk over harsh terrain.

We apologise for paying off your vehicle when you fail to pay the installments.

We apologise for giving you free vehicles, petrol, boats, firearms, fishing gear and other non traditional methods that you now use to carry out your traditional ways of hunting.

We apologise for giving you free travel anywhere, whenever. We apologise for giving each and every member of your family $100.00 and free travel to attend an aboriginal funeral.

We apologise for not charging you rent on any lands when white people have to pay.

We apologise for giving you interest free loans.

We apologise for developing oil wells and minerals, including gold and diamonds which you never used and had no idea of their value.

We apologise for developing Ayers rock and Kakadu, and then handing them over to you so that you get all the money.

We apologise for allowing taxpayers money paid towards daughters wedding ($8,000.00 each daughter)

We apologise for giving you $1.7 billion per year for your people, which is $48,000.00 per aboriginal man, woman and child.

We apologise for working hard to pay taxes that finance your welfare, medical care, education, etc to the tune of $1.2 billion each year.

We apologise for having to approach your taxpayer funded aboriginal affairs department to verify the above figures.

For the trouble you will have identifying the uncle toms in your own community who are getting richer and leaving some of you living in squalor and poverty. We do apologise. We really do. We humbly beg your forgiveness for all the above sins.

We are only too happy to take back all the above and return you to the paradise of the outback, whenever you are ready

Shaking Paper

HSC

politik said:
You should have watched the ABC then instead of that sensationalist shit.

But then again, you are a retard.
Way to go, genius.

You know they showed the same speech on every channel.

When I flipped back to ABC they interviewed an aboriginal women who also appeared to miss the point, and was also asking for compensation.

Last edited:

Gay Captain

HSC

If the stolen generation policy had continued for another 40 years, there probably would not be a single aborigine living in outback squalor, that the prisons in WA would not be 90% full of them, that their life expectancy would be much more if not equal to that of white Australians

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A

Well at least with all this populist, symbolic BS out of the way, it can no longer be used as an excuse for the failure of the Aboriginal communities to address the very real isues they face everyday..

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC

Gay Captain said:
We apologise for giving you free doctors and free medical care and medications, which allows you to survive and multiply so that you can demand apologies.

We apologise for helping you to read and teaching you the English language and thus we opened up to you the entire European civilisation, thought and enterprise.

We feel that we must apologise for building hundreds of homes for you, which you have vandalised and destroyed.

We apologise for giving you law and order which has helped prevent you from slaughtering one another and using the unfortunate for food purposes.

We apologise for developing large farms and properties, which today feed you people, where before, you had the benefits of living off the land and starving during droughts.

We apologise for providing you with warm clothing made of fabric to replace that animal skins you used before.

We apologise for building roads and railway tracks between cities and building cars so that you no longer have to walk over harsh terrain.

We apologise for paying off your vehicle when you fail to pay the installments.

We apologise for giving you free vehicles, petrol, boats, firearms, fishing gear and other non traditional methods that you now use to carry out your traditional ways of hunting.

We apologise for giving you free travel anywhere, whenever. We apologise for giving each and every member of your family $100.00 and free travel to attend an aboriginal funeral.

We apologise for not charging you rent on any lands when white people have to pay.

We apologise for giving you interest free loans.

We apologise for developing oil wells and minerals, including gold and diamonds which you never used and had no idea of their value.

We apologise for developing Ayers rock and Kakadu, and then handing them over to you so that you get all the money.

We apologise for allowing taxpayers money paid towards daughters wedding ($8,000.00 each daughter)

We apologise for giving you $1.7 billion per year for your people, which is $48,000.00 per aboriginal man, woman and child.

We apologise for working hard to pay taxes that finance your welfare, medical care, education, etc to the tune of $1.2 billion each year.

We apologise for having to approach your taxpayer funded aboriginal affairs department to verify the above figures.

For the trouble you will have identifying the uncle toms in your own community who are getting richer and leaving some of you living in squalor and poverty. We do apologise. We really do. We humbly beg your forgiveness for all the above sins.

We are only too happy to take back all the above and return you to the paradise of the outback, whenever you are ready

I bless you. :spam:

ConjOB

HSC
Re: Rudd to say Sorry on February 12

I say sorry.

Who did not attend? John 'the c*nt' Howard.

This is a big day in Australian history. This attempt of social engineering based on racial grounds was seen by most of white australians at the time as acceptable, it wasnt then, and it is not acceptable now.

I think their should be a compensation, not a lump sum, but a % of our taxes devoted to rebuilding indigenous communities.

These racist fucks whom i would love to meet one day who disagree with it, pretty much i think you should go fuck yourselves. Its not pointless words, its official acknowledgement of deeds gone by, to thousands its closure, to others its a new start.

For being treated like second class citozens or less than human beings - im sorry

For our ignorance and blindness - im sorry

I was not responsible for these deeds directly, but i have benifited from them, and for that - im sorry.

Zrap

glock9
HSC

define stolen generation

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

ConjOB said:
I say sorry.

Who did not attend? John 'the c*nt' Howard.

This is a big day in Australian history. This attempt of social engineering based on racial grounds was seen by most of white australians at the time as acceptable, it wasnt then, and it is not acceptable now.

I think their should be a compensation, not a lump sum, but a % of our taxes devoted to rebuilding indigenous communities.

These racist fucks whom i would love to meet one day who disagree with it, pretty much i think you should go fuck yourselves. Its not pointless words, its official acknowledgement of deeds gone by, to thousands its closure, to others its a new start.

For being treated like second class citozens or less than human beings - im sorry

For our ignorance and blindness - im sorry

I was not responsible for these deeds directly, but i have benifited from them, and for that - im sorry.
there comes a point where you have to pull yourself out of the gutter and stop expecting others to help you. I'm all for assistance to indigenous communities. But the social problems that exist among the aboriginal population are not ours alone to fix. No amount of compensation or 'rebuilding' is going to help if the indigenous people themselves do not actively make an effort to change. and by 'effort' i don't mean picketing the government about it, i mean actually throwing out the grog/petrol, getting off centrelink benefits and making a change for themselves.

and no i don't consider myself a racist. i do believe however that playing the blame game only goes so far and then you actually have to do something about your own situation. if the actions of white australians led to the conditions that many indigenous people live under today, then by all means, i'm sorry about that. but if you aren't gonna pull your finger out and stop whinging, then we can't help you. it's a two way street.

Zrap

glock9
HSC

I'm Sorry for people like katie_tully and captain ghey being born

bshoc

HSC
N/A

I'm not sorry, Rudd did the right thing and only apologized on behalf of the Labor parliament, I know for a fact that the majority of people in this country are not "sorry," and even a greater proportion couldn't care at all.

and Optophobia is still a retard ..

ConjOB

HSC

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
there comes a point where you have to pull yourself out of the gutter and stop expecting others to help you. I'm all for assistance to indigenous communities. But the social problems that exist among the aboriginal population are not ours alone to fix. No amount of compensation or 'rebuilding' is going to help if the indigenous people themselves do not actively make an effort to change. and by 'effort' i don't mean picketing the government about it, i mean actually throwing out the grog/petrol, getting off centrelink benefits and making a change for themselves.

and no i don't consider myself a racist. i do believe however that playing the blame game only goes so far and then you actually have to do something about your own situation. if the actions of white australians led to the conditions that many indigenous people live under today, then by all means, i'm sorry about that. but if you aren't gonna pull your finger out and stop whinging, then we can't help you. it's a two way street.
I know (via real life or forums) of many aboriginals, and have met many in which the major problem is education and employment, Rural area's this is a major problem for black and while fella's. I think we can all agree that the actions have ruined many of indiginous peoples lives. Sorry is a start to a new beggining, has even more meaning IMO after years of neglect from John Coward (im so clever).

If i had the solution id be out there fixing the problem. But obviously i dont. Also i think its pretty daft assuming every or neally every aboriginal is just sitting around a rural town drinking and sniffing petrol. This is quite wrong, and an image highly influenced by the media.

Katie_Tully ... tell your parents your opinion on it all, if they are good parents id say they will give you a royal hiding, if not the enjoy spending your 'golden' years giving head for $20. I think such a closed-minded opinion could only be from such asshole parents. I got an idea, lets take you away from them and then when we realise what we did was wrong, not appologise.:D

K

katie_tully

ConjOB said:
I know (via real life or forums) of many aboriginals, and have met many in which the major problem is education and employment, Rural area's this is a major problem for black and while fella's. I think we can all agree that the actions have ruined many of indiginous peoples lives. Sorry is a start to a new beggining, has even more meaning IMO after years of neglect from John Coward (im so clever).

If i had the solution id be out there fixing the problem. But obviously i dont. Also i think its pretty daft assuming every or neally every aboriginal is just sitting around a rural town drinking and sniffing petrol. This is quite wrong, and an image highly influenced by the media.

Katie_Tully ... tell your parents your opinion on it all, if they are good parents id say they will give you a royal hiding, if not the enjoy spending your 'golden' years giving head for $20. I think such a closed-minded opinion could only be from such asshole parents. I got an idea, lets take you away from them and then when we realise what we did was wrong, not appologise.:D
Fuck off it is. I grew up in a rural area and our level of education was just fine. You'll find more impoverished school in western Sydney than you will find west of the mountains. I don't know of many schools in Sydney where there is a student:computer ratio of 2:1.

They've demonstrated that they're not going to move on even after the apology. They showed this when they wanted the government to admit its wrongs without acknowledging their own wrongs. Which is exactly why Brendon Nelson bagged out. He addressed not only past wrongs of the government, but also the current wrongs of the Aboriginal communities, and they don't want to believe that there are problems they can fix themselves.

My parents are retarded bleeding heart Catholics you idiot, their opinions and mine are completely separate.

Conspirocy

HSC

What I cannot understand is of all the things they are going to say sorry for they have picked this. It is a joke and an insult to so many other people in Australia on so many levels.

Someone explain to me why this is needed?

Where do you draw the line?

I mean where are all the other sorry's?

Are they coming soon? I better get a sorry ASAP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)