Official Xbox 360 Thread (1 Viewer)

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Ninja Gaiden 2, Rez HD, Ikaruga

holy fuck guys, if i wasn't in such a hole with my study i'd go and get one tomorrow...

gimme a month or so

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lol awesome. when you get it let me know. ill be able to get you gears of war and forza 2 for free

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
aye cheers man.

Where do you suggest I buy the console from? I'll go for the premium, has HDMI been integrated into them yet or is it only exclusive to the elite?

Games are best bought from play-asia, i'm guessing as well?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
not sure if the HDMI will be integrated into the premiums in oz. you can get elites for something like $637 at dick smith (special atm). I'm sure JB/EB would price match, too.

Games are indeed best bought from play-asia (well, the region-free ones).

The sites I use are:
www.tronixweb.com - $12US Fedex tracked 2-3 day shipping! Fantastic for when you get multiple items, or if you know some things coming out will be region-free, but the Aussie release date has been delayed. For instance, I could get stranglehold in 3 days and it'd still be cheaper than getting it in stores, at the end of this month.

www.play-asia.com - i think we all know why they're orsum

www.dvdboxoffice.com - can occasionally get some decent deals, but make sure to select US$ as currency, since the exchange rate is so favourable

Also, JB are excellent in terms of prices in Australia. you could also get EB to price-match, then return the game within 7 days for a trade :)

Supermodified

HSC
Call of Duty 4 is officially the best multiplayer experience since Halo 2. So fucking addictive. I've already maxed out at rank 16 (Gunnery Sergeant), and have all these sweet weapons/attachments. Pure win.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
stazi said:
not sure if the HDMI will be integrated into the premiums in oz. you can get elites for something like $637 at dick smith (special atm). I'm sure JB/EB would price match, too.

Games are indeed best bought from play-asia (well, the region-free ones).

The sites I use are:
www.tronixweb.com - $12US Fedex tracked 2-3 day shipping! Fantastic for when you get multiple items, or if you know some things coming out will be region-free, but the Aussie release date has been delayed. For instance, I could get stranglehold in 3 days and it'd still be cheaper than getting it in stores, at the end of this month.

www.play-asia.com - i think we all know why they're orsum

www.dvdboxoffice.com - can occasionally get some decent deals, but make sure to select US$ as currency, since the exchange rate is so favourable

Also, JB are excellent in terms of prices in Australia. you could also get EB to price-match, then return the game within 7 days for a trade :)
yes yes cheers stas very much appreciated.

calmed down quite a bit now and have decided that I will definitely get the 360 when Ninja Gaiden gets released. But it's pretty much sealed now.

Not that I particularly like the developer, but I hope the work that Square Enix is investing in the 360 catches the attention of the japs so they can show more support for the 360 and stuff

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i think ninja gaiden 2 is only cumming out in mid-08, from memory :(

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
n3rds at whirlpool also say it might be beneficial to wait for the 360s with upgraded heatsinks and there are rumours flying around about premiums getting the HDMI integrated.

Don't mind waiting, really. xbla is looking so bloody great right now though, perhaps even more so than the 360's actual lineup. Have always wanted to play Castlevania Symphony of the Night, and Castle Crashers has been said to strike similarity to Guardian Heroes.

Capcom need to stop cocking about and release Street Fighter Alpha 3 or something

Supermodified

HSC
runtlocks said:
n3rds at whirlpool also say it might be beneficial to wait for the 360s with upgraded heatsinks and there are rumours flying around about premiums getting the HDMI integrated.
Yeah the Premiums in the US are slowly being phased out in favour of HDMI-equipped Premiums. But as of now, Microsoft has no plans to bring them to Australia. Also, these new HDMI premiums still feature the same 90nm chips and pretty much nothing else has changed.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
where can i get the cheapest 360 and CoD4?

how much to play online??

Pc net gaming has died.
ETQW Is balls.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
A High Way Man said:
where can i get the cheapest 360 and CoD4?

how much to play online??

Pc net gaming has died.
ETQW Is balls.
Cheapest 360s are probably at JB Hi-Fi most of the time, but have a shop around.

CoD4 isn't out yet, but you should be able to pick up a copy for around $100 locally, or imported for around $70.

A 1-year Xbox Live subscription which will allow you to play all your games online is around $70-100 depending on where you buy from (there are usually specials)

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
stazi said:
Cheapest 360s are probably at JB Hi-Fi most of the time, but have a shop around.

CoD4 isn't out yet, but you should be able to pick up a copy for around $100 locally, or imported for around $70.

A 1-year Xbox Live subscription which will allow you to play all your games online is around $70-100 depending on where you buy from (there are usually specials)
is it possible to play online with pirated games?

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Not worth getting it modded if you're going to be gaming online. You're bound to get caught out, sooner or later. Plus the whole RRoD thing, you'll void your warranty!

Stas, you have to be signed up to live to access and download xbla titles, don't you? I won't be gaming online much if at all, am only really interested in downloading the games atm. I have a sluggish connection, you see

EDIT: Braid announced for XBLA. Still getting the pc version probably though

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yep, you have to be signed up to xbox live, but you can have a silver account to do so, which are free :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)