Official Xbox 360 Thread (1 Viewer)

tarsus

Dead Apostle
HSC
Bah, those same codes have been floating on the net for long that they're expired (or seem to...). I was looking for your coupons from your recent purchase. I thought you got Bioshock from thar. D:

Keeping your one-use coupon?

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
try this one: NV-YVD-FMT or this one: ED-XBO-EDJ

remember to use my link :)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
hi guyz, who likes my faceplate. faceplates suit the black elites so much more than the white console:

tarsus

Dead Apostle
HSC
lol, expired. bastard. :)

I'm waiting for the first falcons to cum... and revise that with 65mm GPUs.

Last edited:

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
just a question, does anyone here have the elite yet, and has tried it out, what is the difference/s if there are any in regards to noise of xbox etc..
ive put one on laybuy and will get it out in november, $679 matched price at game.woo..was just thinking that in regards to the hdmi component, can you use a different hdmi cable than the one microsoft provide for the elite? also for any real tech ppl, say u have a dvd player,surroound sound system and tv that all have hdmi output/input, how would u go by figuring out what plugs into what, eg xbox hdmi to tv hdmi-to dvd player, etc...im a bit confused as to how this would work and what would be the best for optimal sound and vision.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I've had the elite since the US launch. The noise is the same as the regular consoles, so no real improvements there.

You can use any HDMI cable that you want.

If your surround sound system has HDMI input and output then I would recommend that you plug your 360 into it via hdmi, then feed it via the out HDMI port to your TV. I assume that it would have a special audio/video decoder. Alternatively, you could plug your 360 via hdmi into your TV, set it on mute, and use an optical cable to plug your 360's optical port into your surround sound system.

If your TV only has one HDMI port on the back, then you will need to invest in a splitter.

Kmara2nv

HSC
thxxx might kik ur ass in gears of war if u still play it :p

stazi

Nightman
HSC
btw, when you get the 360 PM me, as I can get the Xbox Street Team to send you out free copies of Forza 2 LE and Gears of War

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
hey staz, this may seem like a stupid question however i havnt got a definitive answer from anyone yet, with the elite, what cables come with the pack, i know hd av cable and hdmi, does that come with an s-videa or av video cable for non hd tvs, the composite cables that is, if not, can you plug the hd cable into a non hd tv and it work? reason is when i have my elite , ill be a few weeks from gettin a new lcd tv, so ill still have a shitty tv in my room. i do have a plasma in the living room but thats only SD and EDTV capable, and not hd ready.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
nope, no cables for non-hd tvs. the cable probably won't work with SD TVs if you don't have a component input (however, it will work in SD if your plasma has a component input). However, you can get a regular composite cable quite cheaply.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
hey thanks for that i thought thats how it was. ill just have to get some composite cables in the mean time.
im thinkin of gettin either one of these 3 tvs, 66cm LCDs, Samsung 26 Inch LA26R71BDX , Lg 26LC7D or Panasonic . All look fantastic and have integrated HD with HMDI ports, however i fancy the samsung out of all 3, my plasma is samsung and ive had it for like 5 years no probs and it looks great without HD. prices vary from 1199 the samsung to 1499 the panasonic. seeing its for my room, 66cm is a perfect size.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i also recommend the samsung. after all, it's got a 3 year warranty.

did you used to have another bos nickname?

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
hey staz got a couple other qs for ya, u seem to know what ur talkin bout plus for some reason its a pain in the ass to post on the xbox.com.au forums site!

how far away does ur xbox have to be away for the wirless connection, with the wirless adapter to not work? is there like a required distance, this is due to the fact that my room is upstairs in a split level house, and the modem/router is connected to my imac downstairs which allows my other 2 laptops to use the net. woudl this b a problem for the 360?

Also with the updates that microsoft gives us, do we need to install them? eg what if u dont have a adsl or wirless set up how would one get the updates, and are they necessary?
One other thing, with the whole 50/60hz is it necessary to have that on ur tv? i mean some games at the back say 60hz only, what if ur tv isnt capable of 60hz and only 50hz? will the game still be able to play or will there be no visual/audio?

Thanks staz!

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
hey staz, gettin my elite out of laybuy next thurs woot!

ok now, im going to get a hdmi to dvi-d converter cable, cause my current sd plasma has no hdmi, no from what im hearin this will mean i wont get any sound? is that right, if u go from hdmi to dvi it gets rid of the sound and u need an extra optical cable? if that dont work i may just use the component hd cables till i get my hd tv...so excited, got halo 3, virtua tennis 3 and am acquiring pro evo 2008 this week..ahh i aint leavin my home...how bout these new consoles? with the Falcon chips!!! damn u microsoft i shouldve waited.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
that's right, you would need an optical cable for sound. let me know when you get it and I'll fix you up with two free games :)

*goes back to study*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)