Online Relationships Thread (1 Viewer)

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
yeders said:
yeah, meeting ppl on the net is fun.
but yeah, i met this girl, (actually on BoS :p ) lol and we've met up a bit and shes the nicest girl, and yeah lol im interested, lol but yeah, we'll c how things go, might b gud, might burn... we'll c... she knows who she is :p:D
burn? :(

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
yeders said:
yeah, meeting ppl on the net is fun.
but yeah, i met this girl, (actually on BoS :p ) lol and we've met up a bit and shes the nicest girl, and yeah lol im interested, lol but yeah, we'll c how things go, might b gud, might burn... we'll c... she knows who she is :p:D
thats sweet and cute. good luck. a lot of net relationships work out because the people are friends first and attraction could be first for personality...though it depends on whether the person your meeting it way ugly or 60 years old..

..:MizJay:..

Super Supre Member
HSC
yep the guy ive been with for a yr now i got to know over the net.. he was a friend of a friend.. seemed nice so i asked for his number, then we met up.. the rest is history

daiana

Mmmeo0owwWw
HSC
Originally Posted by *girl04*
succumbered. is that a word? i am trying to increase my vocab. i know the word i want! it is like cucmber with sum in it .. oh well .. did i just sound smart?

--- what an original girl! i want to meet this incredibly original chik! kawaiii!!

oh speaking of swarovski, i got my jap teacher (of 5 yrs) a swarovski necklace. of course everyone chipped in... oh it was soooo cool! and i was looking at the brochure, can u believe it? there were chopstick holders for $200!! they're nucking futs! and at the centrepoint store they got coloured pencils with a rhinestone at the base of the pencil. i dont remember the price, but sth like $500+. Very classy. Very tempting to steal all their goods. Oooh diamonds, crystals, rhinestones, diamontes.... are a girls' best friend. Very cliche... but very true!!

but back to the topic... wouldnt it be funky if u had this conversation with ur kid one day:

"Mummy, how did u meet Daddy?"
"Erm, well you know that other world?"
"the internet?"
"yes, i met him on a boredofstudies forum, then we started pm'ing each other, from there on we talked on msn non stop."
"oh?"
"yes, i got shivers everytime he signed into msn...and i knew he would be the one"
"mummy, i want to become like you one day..."

the_used

I met my boyfriend on the net and then met in person.. Mind you, we didn't meet up with the intention of dating.. We met on the net about 4 years ago, met up 3 years ago..and have been pretty much best friends since. Been going out for just over two months now, and it's going great guns. I don't think there's a problem with meeting partners on the net, but in my opinion, you should meet up with the intention of being friends, and nothing more.. Safer that way, You're less likely to be let down if this person isn't what you expected..

daiana

Mmmeo0owwWw
HSC
hmmm yes the swans are the trademark, but not that appealing. their website does not do justice to the beauty of the crystals! they really should find a web designer with more class and taste!! ASAP! BTw, it's really amazing what you find on ebay~ they sell bags of swarovski crystal beads for $1!! type in "swarovski" and u shall be more addicted than addicted!

anyhow, U know people in general aren't quite themselves when they're online. There is no barrier of seeing them, so they're more extravagant online. Plus, there's more time to think online, you can manipulate the backspace bar for lots and lots and lots of uses!!

find whoever online, at a pub, at the gym, walking your dog (101 dalmatians moment), at work (wif ur boss?)....whatever. the most important thing is to accept who they are, and be able to have real conversations face to face. i'm sure finding someone online isn't bizzare. if u meet someone amazing, then chances are, you'll think that wherever you met them was the best place ever. it has sentimental value. =)

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
I was going to post something in here earlier I think, did I do it?
oh well whatever

If you meet and then get it on then that's pretty much OK, but if you carry it on the net then it might get a bit funny.

This is all very hypothetical, but say you met in quite unique circumstances...not on just randomly on a msg board or chatroom, and you find this person is like no one else that you've met online or offline, then I can envisage an attachment happening - and it's not an romantic attachment I'm talking about, because I would think it pretty hard to have real substantiated feelings for someone you've never met.

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
But once you've met em, the attachment is lost. To me anyway, cos your "net friend" is your friend now. Maybe just me, but I don't like meeting "net friends", i'd rather keep it this way no matter how "close" we are over the net.

daiana: you serious? did you buy any from ebay? Some of the stuff at ebay are so cheap.. too bad i ain't 18 yet. Oh dw my mum and I are addicted to crystals esp swarovski crystal when I was little...
the first thing I'm gonna buy after getting a job is either a diamond ring or swarovski crystal jewelry. *eyes become glossy*

daiana

Mmmeo0owwWw
HSC
well cherryblossom, some day or later you'll eventually find someone who isn't mediocre, finally someone who is desperately amazing. I don't know what they're called. I know what you mean, no romantic attachment. I think they mite as well just be called "amazing people". ^^ They're a rare breed, but sometimse the more u get to know them, the less original and fascinating they become. That's why for a relationship to last, there has to be a component of mystery.

No i don't buy anything from ebay even though its' the biggest shopping centre! They have crazy deals but i still don't buy. I like to see the real thing then get it. Even though i see the real thing i'm still picky with the way i spend my money. perhaps i'm super stingy. lol. But oohhh Swarovski! The sparkliest thing i own is an imitation of "heart of the Ocean" necklace from Titanic, the one that Rose wore. My cuzn gave it to me. It's funny, and sparkly =)

But to own a sparkly crystal makes you feel so elegant and timeless. I would know. =) Still, opals are better.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
I met my girlfriend over a MSN chatroom. We have been together for 14 months now. lol funny thing is, I was just about to disconnect from the net when she began talking to me. Add to this the fact that it is also a long distance relationship, were goin pretty well.

yeders

HSC is ALMOST OVER!!...
HSC
N/A
mm lots to read since my last post...

lol i dnt want it to burn, lol u might get sick of me :p

oh ..:MizJay:.. that RX 7 in ur sig, i have that exact same poster on my wall lol...

i just got side tracked and lost with the diamonds/opals thing, but i think opals are much more beautiful lol
personal opinion anyway....

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
yeders said:
mm lots to read since my last post...

lol i dnt want it to burn, lol u might get sick of me :p

oh ..:MizJay:.. that RX 7 in ur sig, i have that exact same poster on my wall lol...

i just got side tracked and lost with the diamonds/opals thing, but i think opals are much more beautiful lol
personal opinion anyway....
get sick of you?!? NO!
you might get sick of me....i think thats a more probable event
we'll see

yeders

HSC is ALMOST OVER!!...
HSC
N/A
twisted_emily said:
get sick of you?!? NO!
you might get sick of me....i think thats a more probable event
we'll see
lol.... yeah u'll probably get sick of me... give it by new years lol :p lol..nar i duno..
and as far as getting sick of you.... mmm i dunno about that one lol... i dnt think ill get sick of u :p lol.. u dnt seem to b 'a person that you can get sick of easily' :p

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
yeders said:
lol.... yeah u'll probably get sick of me... give it by new years lol :p lol..nar i duno..
and as far as getting sick of you.... mmm i dunno about that one lol... i dnt think ill get sick of u :p lol.. u dnt seem to b 'a person that you can get sick of easily' :p
:eek:
not impressed
u think our relationship is doomed
:(

Collin

HSC
N/A
I think the net is a great way to meet people, provided you're willing to actually meet, that is. The whole long distance net relationship thing seems pretty crap to me.

Collin

HSC
N/A
twisted_emily said:
the relationship doesnt even exist if you havent met
That's by your personal subjective interpretation of the protocols of dating.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
JKDDragon said:
That's by your personal subjective interpretation of the protocols of dating.
no, its true
you cant have a close relationship with someone if you havent actually MET them

Collin

HSC
N/A
twisted_emily said:
no, its true
you cant have a close relationship with someone if you havent actually MET them
Remember, I didn't say 'close relationship'. Infact, recall my post and I specified the type of relationship: a 'long distance net relationship'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)