OnSTAGE 09 well... the showcase of 08 works (1 Viewer)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I missed it this year. How'd it compare to the years before?

Tregger

HSC
I cannot believe thats all people can seem to say about onstage this year! They were hot?! I've been going to onstage since i was in year 9 and I have never seen performances like that, that have actually inspired me. I mean I walked out of that theatre and was buzzing with ideas. I wanted to get stuck into my major work right then a there. Yet people, and of all people DRAMA people, seem to only comment on the fact "ohh...arrrr... it was, like, really funny, oh and yeah they were hot!'. It not just the couple of people in this forum it all the guys and girls in my class too!
Well I think you kinda missed the point of discussion, it was to comment on the works of OnSTAGE 09, that also includes what people thought of the performances ideas, and the cast in each performance. I as you did walked out of that theater buzzing with ideas, only for my group though. I have chosen to do film for my IP. I think allot of people would have gotten allot of ideas and inspirational concepts, but it doesn't mean they are going to post them in a discussion on the actual performances. You also stated that its all people can seem to say (that it was funny etc), most comments here did give a more constructive comment to the performances, not just "it was funny" or "that person was hot" although dont get me wrong, some people have. The topic was on the performances, not on the ideas we thought of. :haha:

ashleighjade

HSC
Just personally... I thought it was brilliant, sure, isn't it always? I mean, they are the top kids in our state. Anyway, the downside was I didn't seem as struck as last year. Last year I walked away brimming with ideas and plans and dreams and hopes... none of which eventuated, but hey it was good while it lasted.
Last year, and this remembering it very vaguely, there was that boy who did the pysch patient monologue and he was experimented on and abused and all that. I was crying by the end, it was bloody brilliant!

Anyway, this was meant to be about this years performances!!

"Follow the Leader" - nice physical piece, good use of their "box" I thought, lol. Especially at the beginning when he as asleep and they were popping up behind him and baaing. Cracked me up, lol. Also the "stroke... strooooke... stroke!" part, we're still quoting it at school, haha. And, yeah, to be honest, the guys were hot... I'm not blind, I noticed... :haha:

"The Maid" - was just plain brilliant, apart from my best friend doing Ophelia Thinks Harder this year I've never really seen any do a COMIC monologue and pull it off so perfectly. Had me awestruck, and giggling, all the way through. :rofl:

"Three Wise Women" - was a good, original take on an old story. You could tell they were dancers though? But I liked some of the jokes and it moved along pretty well. :)

"The Dog" - was just plain confusing! Now, I know that some people are like "wow, that was bloody brilliant" but it really just DID NOT work for me. I got lost in the first few seconds and bored not long after. For what it's worth... I thought it was very upbeat and would have been good if I hadn't been like "WTF? What's going onnnnn!" :(

"The Painted Ladies" - is still being quoted in my drama class, lol. I think it was a really effective, funny and memorable piece. It just proved that you only really need ONE LINE to make the piece memorable and have randoms reciting it every day for months afterwards, lol. Also, the little one, she had THE BEST ACCENT I'VE EVER HEARD. It really was. It was high and squeaky and suited her really daft character A LOT. Beautiful. Loved it. :headbang:

"Everynurse" - was Hunter School, what else need be said? Lol. I really liked it, although I thought the guy presenter was outshining the others... just a little bit. But other than that, I like. And "go bristol", although it's kinda died down a little, is still going around in drama. Heh.

The three following this were a bit... so-so. I wasn't particularly interested to tell the truth. I think I was getting a bit critical by this stage, haha. But for god reason as, in Arturo Ui, I COULD NOT UNDERSTAND A WORD HE WAS SAYING!!! It was so completely and totally frustrating that I sat there attempting to read my program in the dark instead, lol. I didn't get very far mind, lol.

And yeah... that's... basically what I thought.

Now I'm going to go back to studying for my half-yearlies, sigh. Lol.

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

angie-gee

HSC
I loved onstage this year
my favorite had to be without a doubt Painted Ladies
3 Wise women was not too bad, but it did bore me after a while

Guesss

HSC
"How do you like it, sweet or sour?" I loved the painted ladies performance and loved the nurses "Go bristol" :):)

Amilee

HSC
Well I think you kinda missed the point of discussion, it was to comment on the works of OnSTAGE 09, that also includes what people thought of the performances ideas, and the cast in each performance. I as you did walked out of that theater buzzing with ideas, only for my group though. I have chosen to do film for my IP. I think allot of people would have gotten allot of ideas and inspirational concepts, but it doesn't mean they are going to post them in a discussion on the actual performances. You also stated that its all people can seem to say (that it was funny etc), most comments here did give a more constructive comment to the performances, not just "it was funny" or "that person was hot" although dont get me wrong, some people have. The topic was on the performances, not on the ideas we thought of. :haha:
I see your point, but I still don't regret what I said. Most of the people in my drama class are not capable of having an intelligent discussion about dramatic work, so it's no wonder I turn to an internet forum in the hope of exchanging ideas and thoughts on a work we have all seen. I was frustrated that hardly any one seemed willing to engage in such a discussion. This a forum. Once a forum meant a place of intellectual discussion and debate; a meeting of minds. I want to hear peoples thoughts, how the work affected them emotional, intellectually even physically. And your right the topic was performance, to prompt one to express their feelings about the performance. For some reason " OMG it was like soooooo funny!!!" just doesn't cut it for me. And frankly if that’s all some people can say then man your going to need help writing a drama essay. Is this arrogant of me? I don't, maybe. Though I don't think it's wrong to expect more than average of 17 year olds. I'd like to think that we were capable of something more than Internet flirting and hideously abbreviated speech. Anyway I've written far too much and this is not the purpose of this thread, so I suppose I'm being a little hypocritical now.

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC
I see your point, but I still don't regret what I said. Most of the people in my drama class are not capable of having an intelligent discussion about dramatic work, so it's no wonder I turn to an internet forum in the hope of exchanging ideas and thoughts on a work we have all seen. I was frustrated that hardly any one seemed willing to engage in such a discussion. This a forum. Once a forum meant a place of intellectual discussion and debate; a meeting of minds. I want to hear peoples thoughts, how the work affected them emotional, intellectually even physically. And your right the topic was performance, to prompt one to express their feelings about the performance. For some reason " OMG it was like soooooo funny!!!" just doesn't cut it for me. And frankly if that’s all some people can say then man your going to need help writing a drama essay. Is this arrogant of me? I don't, maybe. Though I don't think it's wrong to expect more than average of 17 year olds. I'd like to think that we were capable of something more than Internet flirting and hideously abbreviated speech. Anyway I've written far too much and this is not the purpose of this thread, so I suppose I'm being a little hypocritical now.
Wow...amazing words there. That's basically how I feel about my whole grade...excpet maybe about ten of us

Tregger

HSC
WOW, please give me a second while i pick up my brain from the surrounding floor, i think my head may have exploded. Nah seriously, i don't think we should be insulting peoples intelligence in a forum, aka a place where people gather to talk about whatever, not to specifically find a "place of intellectual discussion and debate." However we are debating right now, hmm i see your point when it comes to hypocritical, seriously, this is a place where allot of people unwind from school stresses, not just pile more on... like the fact my current sentence isn't structured like a real sentence. Who really cares. I for one suffer from sever epilepsy brought on by stress (great thing to have during your HSC), and so i find the BOS Forums here a great place just to unwind from all the **** at school, while still talking about school. Live a little, don't treat every second of your life so seriously, or you may end up cracking from pressure.

hamblia

HSC
Does anyone know who wrote love me tender????
ANYBODYYY????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)