• For

Votes: 20 90.9%
  • Against

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
"A NSW government proposal to stop families overruling their loved ones' dying wishes on organ donation has sparked mixed reaction."

"NSW has the largest donation list in the country - about two million people - but it lags behind other states when it comes to transplants. NSW Health Minister Jillian Skinner attributed the low rate partly to families using their power of veto over a loved one's donation request."

Are you for or against organ donation?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
idgi, if the owner wants to get rid of organs, let them lol.

Dispari

HSC
Leave the organs in the body where they will merely rot and decay.. Or possibly save someones life or give them a better life...
If you have something that you're not using that will save a persons life doesn't it make sense to give it to that person??
Hello.. They're dead... they don't need it, harsh but it's a lot better then letting somone suffer or die.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Would much prefer if stem cell research was advanced so that organs can be grown for people so they don't have to take immunosupressors and die.
Until then, take all the organs you want from me when I die.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
Told my dad, make sure personally I'm dead first, after that don't care what they do

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
when i'm dead i don't care what happens to my body

HSC
No. Just no.
Why not? DO you think that only Rich people will be able to get it? Well why do you assume that? Even if that's true, who cares. With the current system, there is far more demand than supply; therefore, the majority of people are going to miss out. Why does it matter that a rich person will get an organ over a poor person every time? Didn't they earn it?

Now it's also wrong to assume that the price will be that high. If you monetize it, then the supply will increase.

SpreadTheWord

HSC
Im all for it. To be honest, once you're dead; you do not need them anymore so why waste them. Some might suggest of the indignity, but normal procedure results in most cases of post-mortems so....

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
I just can't comphrehend how marketing organs could possibly work. What happens when somone down on their luck has to resort to selling body parts to make money? That and the organs would most likely be unaffordable. Asking somone to out bid another person for an organ on top of hospital costs, pharmacueticals and indirect loss of income due to loss of work is for the majority of people impossible. (And no not even bank loans would suffice due to the loss of income point). That and those who don't have a house to sell or a low Socio economic status would not have the opportunity to get an organ!

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
Also as you said, when you monetize is the supply will increase. Who are these organs coming from? Are you going to sell your organs? I doubt it!

HSC
Also as you said, when you monetize is the supply will increase. Who are these organs coming from? Are you going to sell your organs? I doubt it!
No, i am not going to sell my organs, but why should i stop someone from doing it.

I said that the price will go down because the supply will increase. This means that not just rich people will be able to afford it. Even if only rich people can afford organs, it's no different to the current system. Why isn't it fair that someone who has earned money gets to keep on living while some welfare bum can just take an organ?

Why would someone down on their luck kill themselves by selling a vial organ?? Anyway, i thought you leftists believed in euthanasia. Obviously you don't here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)