Organising Work (merged) (1 Viewer)

Folders or Books?

• Total voters

dior1

HSC
N/A
Re: Any tips to improve my organisation?

^ nice method :)

HSC

Elisa.the.Sweda said:
I reckon, have a big folder for each subject, with subdividers for each topic, but don't bring them to school. Have the smallest folder possible with you to school, with dividers for each subject, and some paper at the back. Then when you get home you put stuff away into their respective subject folders. (when you think you won't necessarily need them at school anymore..)

That will get you some extra revision too, because you can read over the sheets as you move them... ;) long-term memory likes repetition, yes?

At least this is the organisation I think I'm going to use :D
wow. thats really good. i'm gonna do that too.

at the moment my organization is pretty bad. i have sheets all over the place too and i stopped putting stuff into folders about term 2.

ashllis91

Banned
HSC

Elisa.the.Sweda said:
I reckon, have a big folder for each subject, with subdividers for each topic, but don't bring them to school. Have the smallest folder possible with you to school, with dividers for each subject, and some paper at the back. Then when you get home you put stuff away into their respective subject folders. (when you think you won't necessarily need them at school anymore..)
Thats what I do and it works really but you just have to make sure you transfer your notes every night or your little folder gets full of sh*t.
I also rewrite my notes neatly without abbreviations because 3 months later when im studying i wont remember that IB meant ionic bonding... if you get what im sayiing.
Both of these things helped a lot because I have no organisation skills at all but you have to make sure you're diligent with it or it doesnt work and you forget little things.
Good luck:read:

omgd.

HSC
N/A

i have 6 folders at home, one for each subject & theyre divided into the topics of the courses.

:read:

at school i take a small folder , not a binder just this other folder where u can carry textbooks aswell, the folder for my benefit is totally weightless =D

inside it i have 6 plastic sleeves, one for each subject and i keep a plastic sleeve full of blank sheets in my bag.

So after each lesson i add the sheets from that lesson into its particular plastic sleeve, and after about 2 weeks ( because teachers tend to refer back to previous lessons work ) they go into the subject folder at home =] .

Totally weightlesss, dramaless & u dont have any extra organising, just pop from sleeves into folder in one go. :cool:

I do about an hr & half of travelling, a lotta running after buses & trains so i tried to make my system as easy as possible . :uhhuh:

omgd.

HSC
N/A

RocKetBoy said:
um...u knoe those thingos that look lyk a cereal box cut diagonally, that teachers have lyk next to their desk in the class. yeah get one of em for each subject. i hope u knoe the object i am talking about lol. soz for bad explanation.

big folder with subdivider is a must have.

do u have a locker at skewl by any chance?

hehe . u mean ' magazine holders ' :wave:

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
For Year 12 HSC:

Loose leaf paper for writing notes in class, then hole punched with a hole puncher in order.
• The sheets/notes received from class being hole punched with a hole puncher in order.
A4 Lever Arch Folder (4, one for each term), with all sheets to be continuously inserted in chronological order, respective of their subjects with dividers. (I'm worried about the overload, will it be affected at all for one term?)
Maths exercise book(s), the ones with holes punched through them (what are they called?) to be inserted in the A4 Lever Arch Folder at the back. The theory notes will still be written on loose leaf paper hole punched with the sheets, respective of their maths topic, while the homework/questions will be completed through the exercise books.

The above is what I'll be carrying around to school, with textbooks in my bag and pencil case. I sense this is easy revision and lighter :).

Then, I will buy 5 arch lever folders (adv english, 3u maths, chem, phys, bio), one for each subject, for writing revision notes on loose leaf paper hole punched, with each topic/module divided with dividers for the whole year.

And finally, I'll have 2 separate folders, one for all the HSC past papers, and the other for my school past papers/assignment marks, test results etc.

So what do you think? :D I hope this is a benefit for others as well.

Last edited:

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
x.Exhaust.x said:
For Year 12 HSC:

Loose leaf paper for writing notes in class, then hole punched with a hole puncher in order.
• The sheets/notes received from class being hole punched with a hole puncher in order.
A4 Lever Arch Folder (4, one for each term), with all sheets to be continuously inserted in chronological order, respective of their subjects with dividers. (I'm worried about the overload, will it be affected at all for one term?)
Maths exercise book(s), the ones with holes punched through them (what are they called?) to be inserted in the A4 Lever Arch Folder at the back. The theory notes will still be written on loose leaf paper hole punched with the sheets, respective of their maths topic, while the homework/questions will be completed through the exercise books.

The above is what I'll be carrying around to school, with textbooks in my bag and pencil case. I sense this is easy revision and lighter :).

Then, I will buy 5 arch lever folders (adv english, 3u maths, chem, phys, bio), one for each subject, for writing revision notes on loose leaf paper hole punched, with each topic/module divided with dividers for the whole year.

So what do you think? Am I being too pedantic? And what's the difference between a lever arch folder and a binder folder? Thanks.
A bit pedantic in my opinion Reshad, but it'll mean you'll be really organised. For the loose leaf paper - get the type with pre-punched holes, it'll save you a lot of time. Also with the folders - I'd just get one big one and shove everything into the folder - but that's just me.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
the-derivative said:
A bit pedantic in my opinion Reshad, but it'll mean you'll be really organised. For the loose leaf paper - get the type with pre-punched holes, it'll save you a lot of time. Also with the folders - I'd just get one big one and shove everything into the folder - but that's just me.
Thanks Nathan :). Pre-punched holes it is :uhhuh:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Awww man, I'm screwed organisation wise then. :p

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
x.Exhaust.x said:
LOL Aerath how come? :lol: You do well at sydney boys anyway, so results wise, you're not screwed ;).
LOL, I have exercise books. When I get sheets, I just leave them in my exercise book, not sticking them in or anything. If I can be bothered, I move it to a multipurpose folder. That's about it. :p

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Aerath said:
LOL, I have exercise books. When I get sheets, I just leave them in my exercise book, not sticking them in or anything. If I can be bothered, I move it to a multipurpose folder. That's about it. :p
Atleast you put them in an exercise book. :p All my sheets end up in a pile, which I eventually throw away in one go because I don't want to sort through it all. :)

ratcher0071

HSC
Continuum said:
Atleast you put them in an exercise book. :p All my sheets end up in a pile, which I eventually throw away in one go because I don't want to sort through it all. :)
I did that and later found out that I lost an important note from my school :mad:

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
x.Exhaust.x said:
I do believe they are called A4 Binder Books.

HSC
x.Exhaust.x said:
For Year 12 HSC:

And finally, I'll have 2 separate folders, one for all the HSC past papers, and the other for my school past papers/assignment marks, test results etc.

So what do you think? :D I hope this is a benefit for others as well.
I think that sounds perfect. Try and get one of those file hole punches that you can put in your pencil case/file (i'll try and find a pic) and then the holepunching can be done straight away.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
x.Exhaust.x said:
I reckon the above is pretty stupid. What if I took a display folder with a bunch of loose leaf sheets and put them inside that folder with homework sheets given? Then when I arrive home, I start hole punching them into each folder for each subject? I think it would be more convenient as I'd also be revising whilst hole punching and reading through the material. Less weight at school as well :D.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
x.Exhaust.x said:
I reckon the above is pretty stupid. What if I took a display folder with a bunch of loose leaf sheets and put them inside that folder with homework sheets given? Then when I arrive home, I start hole punching them into each folder for each subject? I think it would be more convenient as I'd also be revising whilst hole punching and reading through the material. Less weight at school as well :D.
Sounds good. Maybe a little too much hole punching :hammer:

Munitions

HSC
I use Exercise books for every subject with display folders for every subject except Maths. I get a lot of sheets in every subject. I use a Maths/grid book for the Maths formulae/proofs/notes etc. and a separate rubbish exercise book to do the exercises from the textbook.

After each topic in any other subject, I will empty my folder and put all the sheets into a plastic sleeve to leave at home and then start again.

Seeing people with loose leaf and folders...I don't think I could stand finding ways to punch holes in stapled sheets and then fiddling around with those little plastic rings...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)