Organising Work (merged) (2 Viewers)

Folders or Books?

• Total voters

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Re: Folders or Books?

spoilt-brat said:
I thought it would be a good idea to use folders for CAFS and Hospitality but i found i just had to keep emptying them into a binder folder at home so i could fit more work in. Problem was the teachers wanted to see work from the topic b4 when i had just took it all out of my folder. I thought about buying a new one for every topic but i found it to be so disorganised.

Would using a big folder for all my A4 books (glueing all worksheets in) be a good idea, with a few plastic sleeves for the stapled booklets we get in class every now and then

OR

Stick to A4 Books (without a binder folder), with all sheets stuck in and a display folder for stapled work booklets??

Would Love your help so i know what to buy for HSC in term 4!
I'd get the display folder. Glueing all worksheets in will make it harder to refer back to them later.

HSC
Re: best way to organise books?

jirwin said:
Officeworks sell hole punches that are made to be put in a binder folder. They arent as good as the proper ones but are quite handy. only cost a few dollars i think too
yeh, they're awesome.
sometimes newsagencies sell them as well.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Any tips to improve my organisation?

Hey guys. I just spent yesterday cleaning all those crap that I have accumulated over the past 3 terms and I was quite astonished by my lack of organisation in the last 3 terms. I mean, I didn't even put 70+% of all the sheets that I got into good use! I don't know what happened there...and I am ashamed to have wasted all those papers...let alone being apologetic to my teachers who wasted tonnes of their time printing them out and giving them out to us.

On top of that, I feel that I could have done much better if I put them into all good use and I came across the fact that they are bloody damn useful!

Ok, here is the deal: I need some help with my organisation of notes, sheets and other study. Helpppppppppppp!!!

By the way, what are the good tools to help me get organised? Thankssss~

Last edited:

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Re: Any tips to improve my organisation?

lyounamu said:
Hey guys. I just spend yesterday cleaning all those crap that I have accumulated over the past 3 terms and I was quite astonished by my lack of organisation in the last 3 terms. I mean, I didn't even put 70+% of all the sheets that I got into good use! I don't know what happened there...and I am ashamed to have wasted all those papers...let alone being apologetic to my teachers who wasted tonnes of their time printing them out and giving them out to us.

On top of that, I feel that I could have done much better if I put them into all good use and I came across the fact that they are bloody damn useful!

Ok, here is the deal: I need some help with my organisation of notes, sheets and other study. Helpppppppppppp!!!

By the way, what are the good tools to help me get organised? Thankssss~
Good tools - get a folder for each subject and dedicate sections to different topics. DO NOT stick anything into an exercise book - because you'll prob never read it.

Either that or type everything and put it on the comp.

I'd probably say the first idea is more effective.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC

the-derivative said:
Good tools - get a folder for each subject and dedicate sections to different topics. DO NOT stick anything into an exercise book - because you'll prob never read it.

Either that or type everything and put it on the comp.

I'd probably say the first idea is more effective.
I agree. I place everything of mine into folders and they just build up around the house, but I tend to look back at them every now and then.

I'm not a particularly organised person, but I do stick my sheets in as soon as I get them (you kinda develop an intuition after receiving about 10 sheets a lesson for Japanese). Maybe you should consider using display folders/loose leaf instead of books next term if have a tendency to not stick your sheets it. Besides, it saves you having to buy glue :uhhuh:

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

Doctor Jolly said:
I agree. I place everything of mine into folders and they just build up around the house, but I tend to look back at them every now and then.

I'm not a particularly organised person, but I do stick my sheets in as soon as I get them (you kinda develop an intuition after receiving about 10 sheets a lesson for Japanese). Maybe you should consider using display folders/loose leaf instead of books next term if have a tendency to not stick your sheets it. Besides, it saves you having to buy glue :uhhuh:
Yes, we all know the price of glue is rapidly increasing :p

Nah - I would use a display folder for every subject and subdivide it into each topic. That will make it a hell of a lot easier to find sheets and resources.

dior1

HSC
N/A

I'm also very unorganised atm. I'm going to buy folders for each subjects, divide them into topics or terms (undecided) and pop all the relevant sheets/notes in there. These folders will be kept on my desk so I can look at them and revise whenever.

Although this is just a plan. Knowing me, I probably won't do it

Last edited:

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

dior1 said:
I'm also very inorganised atm. I'm going to buy folders for each subjects, divide them into topics or terms (undecided) and pop all the relevant sheets/notes in there. These folders will be kept on my desk so I can look at them and revise whenever.

Although this is just a plan. Knowing me, I probably won't do it
LOL same here - I said I was going to use folders - ended up having sheets on the floor.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC

i use folders, one for each subject, and each topic seperated and do all my work in there

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

so what type of folder would be the best to carry around? Because, to be honest, I cannot be bothered to carry around those small folders for each subject...should I get like really big folder that has got a separater?

dior1

HSC
N/A

I was thinking of having those big folders. One for every subject.

But if you'll be carrying them, you won't want massive folders, or heaps of small folders

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

lyounamu said:
so what type of folder would be the best to carry around? Because, to be honest, I cannot be bothered to carry around those small folders for each subject...should I get like really big folder that has got a separater?
Well if you don't like them... just get a massive folder - heaps of plastic sleeves and a few dividers.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

dior1 said:
I was thinking of having those big folders. One for every subject.

But if you'll be carrying them, you won't want massive folders, or heaps of small folders
isn't it better to carry a one massive folder than carrying many little folders?

dior1

HSC
N/A

lyounamu said:
isn't it better to carry a one massive folder than carrying many little folders?
Yesh, but only if you're keeping everything in one folder. You may find thats the way you want to keep your notes

RocKetBoy

HSC

um...u knoe those thingos that look lyk a cereal box cut diagonally, that teachers have lyk next to their desk in the class. yeah get one of em for each subject. i hope u knoe the object i am talking about lol. soz for bad explanation.

big folder with subdivider is a must have.

do u have a locker at skewl by any chance?

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad

I just have one folder for all subjects...I use dividers to separate the subjects. I keep old topics in folders at home so I don't have to lug all the extra weight around :)

HSC

I reckon, have a big folder for each subject, with subdividers for each topic, but don't bring them to school. Have the smallest folder possible with you to school, with dividers for each subject, and some paper at the back. Then when you get home you put stuff away into their respective subject folders. (when you think you won't necessarily need them at school anymore..)

That will get you some extra revision too, because you can read over the sheets as you move them... ;) long-term memory likes repetition, yes?

At least this is the organisation I think I'm going to use :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)