Folders or Books?

• Total voters

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
the-derivative said:
*stares at yvonne with envy*

I wish I had a gigantic pikachu.

Anyway back to organising... I'm planning to get my stationary for next term within the next week.. still undecided on whether I should get books or folders.
I had to beg my dad to get it :D I still remember seeing it in the window shop in Cabramatta, and the next thing I knew, it was in my hands.

I'd personally get books. Folder's aren't me, and they can't fit inside my bag. Then there's also the hassle of carrying all these extra folders for every subject. I find that it gets a tad too annoying.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
I had to beg my dad to get it :D I still remember seeing it in the window shop in Cabramatta, and the next thing I knew, it was in my hands.

I'd personally get books. Folder's aren't me, and they can't fit inside my bag. Then there's also the hassle of carrying all these extra folders for every subject. I find that it gets a tad too annoying.
Yeah folders aren't me either. That's why I haven't been using them over the past 5 years or so. But I heard its a lot more beneficial - so I might give it a try.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
the-derivative said:
Yeah folders aren't me either. That's why I haven't been using them over the past 5 years or so. But I heard its a lot more beneficial - so I might give it a try.
Ohhh.. I wouldn't change anything that I've been using for the past 5 years on the last year of high school, but that's just me. :p

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
yeah i was like that in year 11 last time then i was like, well f*** i, its either going to work or not, and if it doesn't its easy enough to glue sheets into my books

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
Ohhh.. I wouldn't change anything that I've been using for the past 5 years on the last year of high school, but that's just me. :p
Yeah - I'm still deciding.
Personally I don't think it will help me that much.
'm the type of person who studies by reading a text book/notes, so like that would be more important, not my exercise books/folders.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
the-derivative said:
Yeah - I'm still deciding.
Personally I don't think it will help me that much.
'm the type of person who studies by reading a text book/notes, so like that would be more important, not my exercise books/folders.
I honestly grind the notes into my head.

Exercise books/folders are for those who like to keep organised :)

HSC
Finished year 11...need advice on year 12

So I am just about to start year 12, and am wondering about how to organise my things for next year.

The subjects I am studying are...
Biology
General Maths
Advanced English
Modern History
Community & Family Studies

I know that for Biology and CAFS, my teachers will be giving us mainly sheets and booklets to cover the syllabus. I did buy a 4subject book, but know that I will only really use paper for Modern and English. For Maths, I will use a grid book--I just prefer that.

So, what is the best way to keep my sheets and booklets in order, and economical in regards to having to carry them to and from school.

I really dont want to have a folder, because I had one this year and hated it. Should I buy display folders? Maybe use a plastic sleeve per topic? I don't know what the best way is..??

You're input would be greatly appreciated!! :D

Tegan

phosphorescent

You make me sad.
HSC
I think I'm going to change my system a little -

Loose leaf for English & English Ext. 1,
Exercise book for Maths & display folder,
Exercise books for Chemistry and stick everything in.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
I dont think organization will be a big issue for me.
I'll just have one folder in my bag for anything. Any sheets i receive at school, and if i dont need to bring it again i'll just take it out probably never to be touched unless its important. That said, i wont read ant of my chemistry sheets coz i dont think they're useful, the ones our teachers gives us.

So, in conclusion, i'll use exercise books as i have been doing with no big folder to hold them all.(i dont mind the edges getting a bit creased):p
and i'll just have one folder for handouts. pretty simple.

HSC
Okay, so Doctor Jolly & Timothy.Siu, are you referring to display folders?? Like the A4 skinny and flexible ones? Or are you referring to a hard-cover folder, with just metal rings?

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
stolenhotelpen said:
Okay, so Doctor Jolly & Timothy.Siu, are you referring to display folders?? Like the A4 skinny and flexible ones? Or are you referring to a hard-cover folder, with just metal rings?
I don't know about Timothy, but I'm referring to display folders. I don't tend to bring those big folders with metal rings around.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Timothy.Siu said:
So, in conclusion, i'll use exercise books as i have been doing with no big folder to hold them all.(i dont mind the edges getting a bit creased):p
Ewww.....dog eared pages.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
the-derivative said:
LOL Hi-5 yvonne!

I was going to get folders, but I cbb anymore so I just got exercise books.
lol, the best way. i used to use those big folder to hold all my books and stuff but then i just cudn't be bothered anymore, it was more to look cool than for my own convenience

HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
I don't know about Timothy, but I'm referring to display folders. I don't tend to bring those big folders with metal rings around.
Awesome :D Yeah, thanks to replying--I'm pretty sure i'll do that too. Buy exercise books for Adv English, Modern, Biology, CAFS & a grid book for Gen Maths. And a display folder for Bio & CAFS as we get sheets almost everyday, whereas in English and Modern we work on the one really thick booklet for the entire topic. So that one booklet can just sit inside the cover of my exercise book. Thanks for the input!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)