Organising Work (merged) (1 Viewer)

Folders or Books?

• Total voters
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
No worries, we're all here to reply/chat etc.

But why a grid book for Gen. Maths? I would go for a normal A4 Exercise book.

Well I have always used grid books for maths in highschool. I just find it easier if I ever have to draw up a table, graph, diagram or 3D shape. I am pretty anal about everything being neat, tidy and organised..so a grid book is just to my preference.

Lyly

HSC
Hehe... I've always used grid maths books too, ever since high school just like you :)

Oh, and for organisation, I have a separate (big) folder for each subject (except I've lumped Maths 2U and 3U together, and likewise for English Advanced + Extension :p) I keep all asessement tasks, tests, notes etc here.
And I just carry a smaller folder with me to school, with my A4 exercise books and any subject guidelines/assessment schedules :)

Last edited:
HSC
So you don't carry the big folder to school? Just the smaller one?

And haha- yeah, I like my grid books :)

Lyly said:
Hehe... I've always used grid maths books too, ever since high school just like you :)

Oh, and for organisation, I have a separate (big) folder for each subject (except I've lumped Maths 2U and 3U together, and likewise for English Advanced + Extension :p) I keep all asessement tasks, tests, notes etc here.
And I just carry a smaller folder with me to school, with my A4 exercise books and any subject guidelines/assessment schedules :)

Lyly

HSC
stolenhotelpen said:
So you don't carry the big folder to school? Just the smaller one?

And haha- yeah, I like my grid books :)
No, I don't carry my big folders to school, just keep them at home(since there are 5 of them :p) to orgainse stuff I won't need at school but are essential revision and stuff.

HSC
Lyly said:
No, I don't carry my big folders to school, just keep them at home(since there are 5 of them :p) to orgainse stuff I won't need at school but are essential revision and stuff.
Cool! Great, that's a good idea. Hmm. I think I have decided that's basically what I will do. Except I hole punch all my work from each topic for each subject and bind them with ribbon, to make it like a book. It's great for when I study. I stole the idea from my best friend. Sheesh she's so smart! haha

xJennax

HSC
Re: Folders or Books?

I use a folder with loose leaf paper. I keep work and sheets in there until we have finished a topic. I then put those papers into one of those folders with the flap thingy and label it.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
the-derivative said:
I used to use grid books, but they are a massive hassle and I don't like it - especially for senior mathematics, and I think using normal lines would actually be neater.
agreed, more convenient and cheaper also, once in senior maths u can use a few hundred pages a term and the grid book boxes are small... and it was kinda cute when u fit one number in each box but that was primary school.
lol.

HSC
Timothy.Siu said:
agreed, more convenient and cheaper also, once in senior maths u can use a few hundred pages a term and the grid book boxes are small... and it was kinda cute when u fit one number in each box but that was primary school.
lol.
haha- laugh all you want guys. i use approx 2 sides of a page per lesson. i go through about 4 96pg books a year. it suits me just fine :D

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
on that who just writes on one side of the page?

I do except for maths.

one side is for school work the other is for random little notes that i make that go with that page see figure 1
________ _________
| ........... V................ .|
|random ....................|
|notes on.... WORK....|
| work .......................|
|______^_______....| figure 1

explains it easier

HSC
lol
fair enough
im not like that..i scribble in the back of my book for maths. so you use exercise books?

Lyly

HSC
Heh, I usually write the maths theory on one page of my book, then split my other page in half to do the exercises from the textbook :p (It can go on for a couple of pages, though with particularly long exercises... grrrr!)

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Lyly said:
Heh, I usually write the maths theory on one page of my book, then split my other page in half to do the exercises from the textbook :p (It can go on for a couple of pages, though with particularly long exercises... grrrr!)
i usually dont write the maths theory, just do the exercises !

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
stolenhotelpen said:
lol
fair enough
im not like that..i scribble in the back of my book for maths. so you use exercise books?
nope folder as it says in the op (i believe) but a folder works really well

Supaman92

HSC
Well for year 12 im going to have an excercise book + a folder (for handouts that can't be stuck in) for each subject, i find that the easiest way to study

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Supaman92 said:
Well for year 12 im going to have an excercise book + a folder (for handouts that can't be stuck in) for each subject, i find that the easiest way to study
lol same as me and many other peeople, simplest way

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
the-derivative said:
I write my maths theory, but that's mainly because my teacher summaries it into half a page - so it's not much of a big deal writing it.
I like this method alot. :)

My teacher summarises stuff and puts in questions to show the different methods of working stuff out. :D

HSC
By the end of Year 12, my bag got lighter and things got way less organised.

Starting out in Year 12 with an elaborate system of folders and loose leaf, i ended this year with:
  • 1 exercise book for all my subjects
  • 1 blue pen
  • 1 red pen
  • 1 calculator
My advice, don't do anything elaborate unless you're willing to stick through with it. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)