Organising Work (merged) (2 Viewers)

Folders or Books?

• Total voters

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
kevinx2 said:
By the end of Year 12, my bag got lighter and things got way less organised.

Starting out in Year 12 with an elaborate system of folders and loose leaf, i ended this year with:
  • 1 exercise book for all my subjects
  • 1 blue pen
  • 1 red pen
  • 1 calculator
My advice, don't do anything elaborate unless you're willing to stick through with it. :)
Hahahah...that's exactly me. I never carry out what I planned initially. I guess I will stick to my traditional way of organising things - letting things get loosen all the time...

bubblesss

HSC
i'm planning to use folders as most people have said. its better than using notebooks (where i do maths in my bio and eng notebooks and started muddling up all my notebooks ~~ tats only because i ran out of space in my maths book!!!!!!!)

but however i organise my stuff, it's just not going to last for more than 2 weeks afterwhich my loose papers will be flying and floating in my room. this year i'm going to keep my folders extra neat though ( atleast try):uhhuh: :uhhuh: :uhhuh: :uhhuh:

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
kevinx2 said:
By the end of Year 12, my bag got lighter and things got way less organised.

Starting out in Year 12 with an elaborate system of folders and loose leaf, i ended this year with:
  • 1 exercise book for all my subjects
  • 1 blue pen
  • 1 red pen
  • 1 calculator
My advice, don't do anything elaborate unless you're willing to stick through with it. :)
I'm scared of that happening with me too. I like things simple but since there's so much content in every HSC course, I figured I should atleast organise everything into sections. Hopefully it works out ok. :eek:

ratcher0071

HSC
Continuum said:
I'm scared of that happening with me too. I like things simple but since there's so much content in every HSC course, I figured I should atleast organise everything into sections. Hopefully it works out ok. :eek:
That should work out well. Instead of going through one folder of all work, you have different folders for each subject. :cool:

dior1

HSC
N/A
I find myself strangely addicted to this thread. I'm constantly checking it for new posts to see how you guys organise your work.
Freak much? :lol:

Anyways, my desk is staying a lot cleaner these days which means I can actually find folders and notes (when i make them) when I need them.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Maths: One math book for theory and another for homework questions. Sheets will be glued into theory book since we don't get that many sheets and it'll just be a hassle if I file them separately - each topic would probably end up with only one or two sheets.

English: One exercise book for notes during class. Any questions will be done in book and any sheets will be glued in. If teacher asks for questions to be done on computer, I'll glue them in once marked and returned. We're occasionally given fairly large booklets that are impossible to glue in, so I'm just going to store them in plastic sleeves.

Extension English: Same as English above.

Chemistry:
One exercise book that are for notes and sheets (glued in). We're given booklets to complete, so I'm going to put them into plastic sleeves.

Physics: Teacher basically only gives out sheets, so having them glued into a book is out of the question. I'm going to use an A4 binder folder for them, with loose leaf paper for the occasional notes she actually does write.

Assignment and test results: Display folder.

I was originally an advocate for loose leaf paper but looking back, I found it wasn't really that great for me. With loose leaf paper, I tend to not care and not think about what I write because I have the mentality 'I'll rewrite and learn it later...' - which I never do. :eek: So now, I'm trying to use exercise books for most of my stuff. :p

I'm also going to glue in my sheets more often. Previously, I organised sheets all according to topic but found that it was very hard to keep track of everything. It also helps because having it pasted into your book gives the sheet abit of context, so you remember roughly what you were learning when you were given it.

So essentially, everything I'm doing is aimed at decreasing the amount of separate sheets and everything I have to keep track of and eventually organise. I tried a fairly elaborate organisation system before but it just fell to pieces, so this time I'm aiming for something much more simple. :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
My organisation will be like below:

maths: random papers, no exercise book. All these papers will end up in the bin

bio: worksheets in the folder & other papers in the folder too

eng: same with bio

sor: same

business: same

cosie: same

Hahahaha...what a simple but poor plan.

Can anyone recommend me a really good folder that doesn't break easily? I tend to use paper ones but I am going to change that habit...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
jellybelly59 said:
lol where is marcquelle that expert in folderology? :)
Yeah, how come he isn't here when I need him most?

Oh well, I will try to shop around. I am looking for plastic and bulky case where I can put all the stuff in.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
hey guys

folderology suggests using MARBIG as for they are strong sturdy folders with a good lever system that doesn't break easily. OR alternatively go with the zip up ring folders (the larger ones) more expensive but also good. I got one for maths cause my book and textbook fit into it easily.

hope that helps.

good old folderology.

HSC
If pens can get a thread then stationery can too!

What kind of books, folders, paper, organisation systems are people implementing as of next term for 2010 HSC??

I know the big binder with lined paper and dividers is popular, but doesn't the paper rip after a while and the lever thing breaks??

Share your thoughts

:rofl:

Jaylee42003

HSC
Re: If pens can get a thread then stationery can too!

This year I used the folder/loose leaf paper system. NEVER AGAIN.
Although I had plastic-lined paper, some of them ripped, and it was just really hard to organize handouts and shit =[
I'm converting back to the good old book system.

speedofsound

HSC

yeah all my folders this year look trashed - i won't be getting the ones with the plastic covering next term lol

i think i'll invest in a different brand, too or a bigger sized folder... or i could just not be lazy and take my sheets out earlier, thus preventing lever breakage

jet

Banned
HSC

Use normal books. I tried the folder and paper system in year 11 and almost killed myself. Worst system ever. I used books this year, and convert my work into syllabus notes at home.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A

i hate books, i have so many to carry round and it makes my folder far too heavy, hence lever breaking.
loose leafs and organization for the win

speedofsound

HSC

cbf with exercise books,

we get way too many sheets for them...

smasherX21

HSC

Excericse book with a manilla folder for loose sheets.

Trumped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)