Organising Work (merged) (1 Viewer)

Folders or Books?

• Total voters

shayla

HSC
Re: Folders or Books?

Marcquelle, i am sort of doing the same thing as what you have done- but i ended up pulling out of Yr 12 at the start of this year, due to personal and bullying problems, but against the odds and what my teachers and families have said, i am returning back to school (because the subjects i want arent offered on OTEN or my local TAFE) to redo my HSC with knowing that i am going to try my hardest and not quit or crumble under pressure.

To answer the question of this thread, I use folders and loose leaf sheets aswell as an AlphaSmart, because typing my notes are easily then hand writing them because of my disability difficulties that i have with writing by hand after a long period of time, even with having short breaks now and again.

SL11

HSC

I use exercise books and paste sheets but for some subjects I just shove the sheets in my books and haven't been organised enough to put them anywhere yet.

I might keep using exercise books only because I bought too many at the start of the year.

sirenxx

HSC

i hav all my subjects in the 1 folder
n once i hav finished a topic i put it in that subjects folder at home
so i only hav to carry 1
n hav about 6 that stay at home
its easier to punch holes in sheets then glue, n then u can keep all ur work in chronological order
the only book i have is my maths gridbook

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

sirenxx said:
i hav all my subjects in the 1 folder
n once i hav finished a topic i put it in that subjects folder at home
so i only hav to carry 1
n hav about 6 that stay at home
its easier to punch holes in sheets then glue, n then u can keep all ur work in chronological order
the only book i have is my maths gridbook
That sounds pretty good.
I'm probably going to try and slowly change frome exercise books to folders, because most of my exercise books are running out.

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC

I use excercise books, but in an ideal world, I would just use my laptop for everything. Instead of having to bring all my books and stuff, I'd just have to bring my laptop, which is fairly light and easy to carry around.

Aplus

HSC
N/A

I've changed to a folder for every single subject rather than one folder with tabs. Strangely, feels quite light.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

squeenie said:
I use excercise books, but in an ideal world, I would just use my laptop for everything. Instead of having to bring all my books and stuff, I'd just have to bring my laptop, which is fairly light and easy to carry around.
Yeah, I wish I could do that. There are quite a few people at my school who have switched over to laptops already.

asdf.cosmo

HSC

I use a folder and loose leaf paper. It's a good way to keep everything organised, and once I've finished a topic, I will take it out, put it in a plastic sleeve and put it into another folder for each of my subjects.
I would LOVE to use a laptop because it seems a lot more efficient for time and stuff but I am worried I would just use those notes as my study notes and not actually re-write them like I do currently.

bawd

HSC

Aplus said:
I've changed to a folder for every single subject rather than one folder with tabs. Strangely, feels quite light.
You serious? It must be very light paper/folders. Or you have colossus arms.

Aplus

HSC
N/A

bawd said:
200 sheet capacity folders:
Advanced English
Extension 1 English
Biology
Physics

Tabs I put in each folder are for either handouts, or in case of science courses, practical section. Obviously for Modern History, I don't bother to organise anything, and Maths is in an exercise grid book. I only take the relevant folders which I need on that particular day. Oddly enough, it feels as heavy as, maybe even lighter, than when I had the one big folder. Strange I know...

bawd

HSC

Aerath said:
Yeah, I wish I could do that. There are quite a few people at my school who have switched over to laptops already.
How would that work for homework, copying off the board and note taking in class? I don't think it'd be allowed by my teachers anyway.

Aplus

HSC
N/A

How do you expect to write essays and long responses in exams? You won't have the luxury of laptops.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

bawd said:
How would that work for homework, copying off the board and note taking in class? I don't think it'd be allowed by my teachers anyway.
I don't understand. Instead of copying off the board and notetaking, you can actually type whilst the teacher is writing stuff off the board, and for homework, you can either just write on the sheet, or if it's like an essay or questions or assignments, you can type them? Did I even answer your question? :p

Aplus said:
How do you expect to write essays and long responses in exams? You won't have the luxury of laptops.
We get by. I know a lot of the people who use laptops write quite a bit faster than those of us who don't use them in class.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC

Aplus said:
200 sheet capacity folders:
Advanced English
Extension 1 English
Biology
Physics

Tabs I put in each folder are for either handouts, or in case of science courses, practical section. Obviously for Modern History, I don't bother to organise anything, and Maths is in an exercise grid book. I only take the relevant folders which I need on that particular day. Oddly enough, it feels as heavy as, maybe even lighter, than when I had the one big folder. Strange I know...
I know what you mean when i switched in year 12 last time, i felt no difference at all.

Except i put my sheets in order of topic and chronologically, then reorganise when topic is finished in syllabus order.

I tried to do the practical thing except just wouldn't work when trying to do syllabus notes.

Its even beter when you have a locker and/or a car you can just switch over during the day, which is even lighter.

sirenxx

HSC

the-derivative said:
That sounds pretty good.
I'm probably going to try and slowly change frome exercise books to folders, because most of my exercise books are running out.
yea just make sure u stay on top of work n keep puttin sheets in straight away
coz at 1 stage i had sheets everywhere n i think i lost sum.. oops
it felt so gud 2 organize everything again cept they prob rnt in the exact rite order which annoys me coz im kinda a perfectionist

if i had notes for exams they wuld be on comp (so layout is perfect)
n then i wuld put them in a display folder (thin with clear sheet protectors). 1 for each subject

hopefully im beta for yr 12
but will hav 2 get another 6 folders =]
hav a lot of shelf space in my room just waitin

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC

books with punch holes for each module that are placed into larger folders.

Aplus

HSC
N/A

marcquelle said:
I know what you mean when i switched in year 12 last time, i felt no difference at all.

Except i put my sheets in order of topic and chronologically, then reorganise when topic is finished in syllabus order.

I tried to do the practical thing except just wouldn't work when trying to do syllabus notes.

Its even beter when you have a locker and/or a car you can just switch over during the day, which is even lighter.
Forget the weight, I wasn't even sure if they would fit. 3-4 folders, Maths exercise book and Cambridge textbook are annoying to arrange.

Wassup?

Banned
HSC

bawd said:
Are you cracking onto him by any chance?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)