• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Over year 12 already? (1 Viewer)

youngminii

Banned
HSC
i have 4 assessmnts due on the same week
ones 40% INCLASS and on a topic we havent evn coveredd
i was soo into hsc in term 4
now i hardly study
i dont know how to get remotivated =(
You have roughly 2 terms until your trials, then roughly another term 'til your HSC. That's what, 20/30 weeks? + Holidays?
Now assuming you do 5 regular 2u subjects, you have 4 modules each (or like, a crapload of topics for maths) and you SHOULD have done 1 in term 1 and now have 3 left per topic. That's an average of 15 modules to study through before your trials which is in 20 weeks. That's nearly a whole module per week, not even counting the Maths, and that's assuming you've finished the first module (unlike my school..)
I think you'd better get started.

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
lol its so cool being yr 12 tho
heaps of skool priviliges
half ur friends r 18
nd theres a bond between yr12 students everywhere lol sorta true

but yeh working is pretty gay
but i reckon good outweighs the bad eaaaaaaaasy

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Why is my English half-yearly worth 5%?
How am I supposed to get motivated into preparing for that, when all my other half-yearlies are worth 20-30%?
Stupid English department... *grumble grumble*

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
I am so over school, I seriously haven't done a scrap of homework in the past week because I'm so sick of it, sadly I have an Extension English assessment due on tuesday....

shady145

Banned
HSC
im starting to get back into the rythm, im actually voluntarily doing extra english work. weeeeeee

HSC
I'm already over year 12, bout three months ago

har har har

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Why is my English half-yearly worth 5%?
How am I supposed to get motivated into preparing for that, when all my other half-yearlies are worth 20-30%?
Stupid English department... *grumble grumble*

You think that is bad??
My English half yearly is worth NOTHING haha.
Apparently they couldn't fit it in the assessment schedule.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Think of the stress, the homework, the hours and hours working for a number that UAC spits out at the end of the year?
If you enjoy that, then I really think that is pathetic.
Hm, it depends.

If you enjoy your subjects, then I guess it's quite worthwhile going through all the exams despite the stress and the fatigue that may result as by-products.

I am not really over year 12 yet, I am looking forward to seeing more really because if I don't keep my eyes open during this year, I won't be able to discover all the endless opportunities for scholarship, cadetship, etc, etc.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Hm, it depends.

If you enjoy your subjects, then I guess it's quite worthwhile going through all the exams despite the stress and the fatigue that may result as by-products.

I am not really over year 12 yet, I am looking forward to seeing more really because if I don't keep my eyes open during this year, I won't be able to discover all the endless opportunities for scholarship, cadetship, etc, etc.
Ah yes that's true.
I agree in that I am using Year 12 as a way to discover some new opportunities. This year will definately help decide where I want my future will be heading, which is both scary and exciting at the same time.

shuning

HSC
fuck year 12,
1st my math tutor give me caltholic trials
then he give me syd gramma trials
then he give me james ruse trials

i cant even do whole fucking question there!! it's so fkn depressing. FUCK yr12, just over it already!!! i want to fkn get out of the school get out of the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!one!

then there's fucking economics, i did my pratice essasy 3 times and the teacher replied "this is nearly a band 4 quality!! wtf!!! !!!!" atm spend all my days staring at the eco essasy duno what to change!!!

then theres a physics exam comming soon but i did jack shit cuz i have math and eco.

english?? what is engggggglish? i failed standard, fuck it yr 12 is over!!

yr 12 is over!!!!!

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Think of the stress, the homework, the hours and hours working for a number that UAC spits out at the end of the year?
If you enjoy that, then I really think that is pathetic.
Lol. Again, only one term has passed, not even almost a whole year. The HSC externals aren't even close, which can be stressed about if you haven't prepared adequately. And what's the point of stressing over a number? You'll be killing yourself psychologically, while placing high expectations on yourself. If you're over Year 12 already, are you even ready to complete the whole HSC? Is a high UAI to your greatest potential achievable, if you're having a complete fucking whinge about the stress, and the hours already? The HSC is a rewarding experience, if you make the most out of it in a positive manner through sheer discipline and persistence.

Hm, it depends.

QFT.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
fuck year 12,
1st my math tutor give me caltholic trials
then he give me syd gramma trials
then he give me james ruse trials

i cant even do whole fucking question there!! it's so fkn depressing. FUCK yr12, just over it already!!! i want to fkn get out of the school get out of the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!one!
If you cannot do any question properly, maybe you are not a Mathematics Extension 2 Material.

then there's fucking economics, i did my pratice essasy 3 times and the teacher replied "this is nearly a band 4 quality!! wtf!!! !!!!" atm spend all my days staring at the eco essasy duno what to change!!!
Try these:
- Ask your teacher how to structure your essay
- Ask what he/she specifically wants
- Read the verb on your essay (this gives you a good idea how to structure your essays sometimes)
- Ask how you can improve it.

then theres a physics exam comming soon but i did jack shit cuz i have math and eco.
You have to balance your time. Make a timetable or priority list. Then you will know how you can balance out your time.

english?? what is engggggglish? i failed standard, fuck it yr 12 is over!!
Refer to above
yr 12 is over!!!!!
There will be time when you never wish that yr 12 is over because yr 12 might as well be the best year of your high schooling life. Take on a different attitude, positive one. Then year 12 will truly be the year that you never wish to have finished.

Last edited:

shuning

HSC
If you cannot do any question properly, maybe you are not a Mathematics Extension 2 Material.
maybe, mabye but i have no other choices, u know my situation T.T im getting zero for chinese so i have to drop it

Try these:
- Ask your teacher how to structure your essay
- Ask what he/she specifically wants
- Read the verb on your essay (this gives you a good idea how to structure your essays sometimes)
- Ask how you can improve it.
u think i didnt try that? in fact i tried like every single lunch time but the teacher just doesnt wana talk to me. The top 3 spot for eco is basiclly reserved for the 3 best looking girls in the class, when i had in my essasy the teacher only looks at the 1st page and give it back to me with a mark. when the top 3 girls hands in their essasy the teachers reads it and go thru it in detils with them! fuck this i bet they must have slept with the old pedo or someshit!

You have to balance your time. Make a timetable or priority list. Then you will know how you can balance out your time.
yea yea yea ....

There will be time when you never wish that yr 12 is over because yr 12 might as well be the best year of your high schooling life. Take on a different attitude, positive one. Then year 12 will truly be the year that you never wish to have finished.
i'll start enjoy yr 12 when i came in top 10 for all my subjects, when i can do all the HW w/o staring at one question for a entire wk!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
maybe, mabye but i have no other choices, u know my situation T.T im getting zero for chinese so i have to drop it
Ah, okay.

u think i didnt try that? in fact i tried like every single lunch time but the teacher just doesnt wana talk to me. The top 3 spot for eco is basiclly reserved for the 3 best looking girls in the class, when i had in my essasy the teacher only looks at the 1st page and give it back to me with a mark. when the top 3 girls hands in their essasy the teachers reads it and go thru it in detils with them! fuck this i bet they must have slept with the old pedo or someshit!
You are just bitter about your mark. That cannot be really true. However, if it really IS true, take it to the authorities (i.e. principal, subject coordinator and etc.)

Alternatively, you may consider the option of asking friends for their opinions on how you can improve.

yea yea yea ....
I am not pulling your leg mate. I am being honest, try it.

i'll start enjoy yr 12 when i came in top 10 for all my subjects, when i can do all the HW w/o staring at one question for a entire wk!
uh...

shuning

HSC
You are just bitter about your mark. That cannot be really true. However, if it really IS true, take it to the authorities (i.e. principal, subject coordinator and etc.)

Alternatively, you may consider the option of asking friends for their opinions on how you can improve.
my eco teacher is the person who wrote the eco sylbuss, his been teaching eco for 40 years and is our head teacher too. maybe saying that students slept with him is a bit of an exaggeration since his in the 60s already. but srsly his very bias and have fav students. as for friends... well in my school only few ppl do eco, after cancel all the girls out, it becames all the boys who dont study and 1 krn guy and 1 Iran guy who studys. but those 2 guys who studies hang around with the girls as their part of their "mainstream smart kinds group" since they all capitalist greedy bastards, they never talk to a communist kid like me ( i guess this is one reason y the teacher doesnt wana talk to me too, we i was doing the case study on china, i got into a huge arguement with 3 teachers in the social science staff room about wheather china is capitalist or communist.... )

I am not pulling your leg mate. I am being honest, try it.
ive been tryiny that too, but the eco counts 10% of my hsc and physics doesnt.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
my eco teacher is the person who wrote the eco sylbuss, his been teaching eco for 40 years and is our head teacher too. maybe saying that students slept with him is a bit of an exaggeration since his in the 60s already. but srsly his very bias and have fav students. as for friends... well in my school only few ppl do eco, after cancel all the girls out, it becames all the boys who dont study and 1 krn guy and 1 Iran guy who studys. but those 2 guys who studies hang around with the girls as their part of their "mainstream smart kinds group" since they all capitalist greedy bastards, they never talk to a communist kid like me ( i guess this is one reason y the teacher doesnt wana talk to me too, we i was doing the case study on china, i got into a huge arguement with 3 teachers in the social science staff room about wheather china is capitalist or communist.... )
Ah, okay.

ive been tryiny that too, but the eco counts 10% of my hsc and physics doesnt.
What do you mean? ECO = 20%, Physics = 20% and maths = 40% and english = 20% for your HSC mate (if we discount chinese that you abhor so much)

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
it's not that i'm over it, i just have an antipathy that is currently growing at an alarmingly explosive rate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)